Bodin goalscoring competition

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
mini_mid_devon
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nathan Craig

Post by mini_mid_devon »

probably a Wales Under 21 hat-trick which means he returns to the Torquay starting line-up for another full season
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Thankfully I was logged out before I wrote down my initial reaction. Suffice to say I regret wasting a minute of my life on this particular thread.
TUST number 080
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

awarwickgull wrote:Agree with Jerry - Hawley wonder goal at Morecombe but since then banjo.............cow's arse???
You have forgotten Cheltenham home, Hawley scored with a low drive from just outside the box.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Lloyder5 wrote:Thankfully I was logged out before I wrote down my initial reaction. Suffice to say I regret wasting a minute of my life on this particular thread.

Hey Lloyder, we're in the fun factory over here my good man :) and if you want to keep your unwavering stoicism intact then I've absolutely no problem with that. :-D

I wish I could give you that minute back but at least I know you don't want to participate. Welcome to the forum then I should say. :lol:

Can't I even tempt you with Scunny away? :Oops:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Hey Andy, I know your having a bit a fun with this one, but as said his goal return for us ins't that important. Judging by Saturday when he had a clear sight of goal and chose to lay the ball off, I would say Billy Bodin's confidence in front of goal is shot to shat, so could be a very long time in coming.
Formerly known as forevertufc
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Can I have him to score no goals this season? Will I win of he doesn't score?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Are we still in the St Lukes?
Give all our strikers* a confidence boosting game!

*Perhaps the whole first eleven...
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

ferrarilover wrote:Can I have him to score no goals this season? Will I win of he doesn't score?

Matt.
Yes Matt, valid point. I've pencilled you in my friend. :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:
Hey Lloyder, we're in the fun factory over here my good man :) and if you want to keep your unwavering stoicism intact then I've absolutely no problem with that. :-D

I wish I could give you that minute back but at least I know you don't want to participate. Welcome to the forum then I should say. :lol:

Can't I even tempt you with Scunny away? :Oops:
No need to welcome me to the forum, I've been around for quite a while and had the pleasure of reading your inconsistent meanderings. I've been a Torquay supporter for many years and have certainly seen some sh*t served up but I don't like this p*ss taking thread.
TUST number 080
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

forevertufc wrote:Hey Andy, I know your having a bit a fun with this one, but as said his goal return for us ins't that important. Judging by Saturday when he had a clear sight of goal and chose to lay the ball off, I would say Billy Bodin's confidence in front of goal is shot to shat, so could be a very long time in coming.
It's ok Dave, yes it's just a bit of fun and I don't really want to get into the Bodin debate again in depth as it's old ground. You have a very valid point and I appreciate his assists for others but Downes outscored our supposedly most creative attacking midfielder last season and this season he has the grand return of ZERO. Not acceptable and the saga continues.

You having a go then mate? :na: :lol:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Lloyder, I am disappointed that you see this thread the way you do but from my perspective as a lover of old fashioned fanzines, we don't seem to have any banter anymore. Any slagging off of players is done with malice and poison nowadays, this isn't. It's just a bit of banter. Billy is a nice lad and has represented Torquay well and just because I don't rate him doesn't make me right. I'm sure Billy doesn't give a sh*t what I think of him as a player and i'm sure many others who use this forum don't either although it may annoy them when I dredge it up once more.

I am disappointed to read that you don't like my 'meanderings' either. That's fine, each to their own.

The length of time you have been a Torquay fan or indeed the length of time you have used this forum is irrelevant and of no consequence as it relates to having an opinion or posting a thread.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Didn't mean there was any particular currency in supporting the club for a long time, merely stating I had been a around the forum and the club a long to so no need to welcome me. I am very fond of When Saturday Comes etc, however, maybe at times like this it is best to stick to former players for the fun/mocking. Or if it truly banter then there is a proper place for it.
TUST number 080
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I can't argue with that Lloyder and therefore can I ask the mods to move it to the banter board please.

The 'welcome' bit was supposed to be a sarcastic joke towards members of the forum who don't wish to participate in anything and not directly aimed at you Lloyder.

I have particular bug bear about this if i'm honest. Louis set up a competition to win a shirt and not only did he get no entries but nobody posting saying it was a good idea or they'd try and get something toghther. I feel it is really rude and embarrassing on our part as fans supposedly 'involved' with our club.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

You are right about fans getting involved. I was an Plainmoor on Saturday and there was no involvement. I accept I was part of that. For Mansfield, I have decided not take my daughter and elderly parents to sit in the Bench, I will be back on the Pop, hopefully singing with others to get behind the team.
TUST number 080
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Lloyder5 wrote:You are right about fans getting involved. I was an Plainmoor on Saturday and there was no involvement. I accept I was part of that. For Mansfield, I have decided not take my daughter and elderly parents to sit in the Bench, I will be back on the Pop, hopefully singing with others to get behind the team.
Well done that man! :bow: :-D