Exeter tickets

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Wycombe beat it too.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Boxing Day has for years proved to be one of the biggest spontaneously attended days of the season. Making the Boxing Day game all ticket killed any spontaneous attendance deader than sh*t and the attendance for Exeter will be similar.

The solution is Torquay get Hartlepool/York/Morecombe at Plainmoor as home games over the festive period. Very few of those teams supporters would attend so Robert yer uncle and Frances yer aunt can rock up to Plainmoor ticketless.

Jobby done.

:engflag:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

brucie wrote:Ben - you are missing the point completely. It isn't anything to do with peoples intelligence - its more the hassle and making the effort of purchasing a ticket when obstacles are being put in the way.
Come on - if the club advertise that the office is open for tickets and then don't answer the phone for 35 minutes - do you see this as the club being proactive in making an effort to sell tickets?
It took me the best part of an hour and fifteen minutes to get hold of the tickets for the Exeter game.
That was after the wait on the phone, then registering for the online ticketing thing, and then trying to get my printer to work to print the confirmation.
After also being charged £2 extra for the privelege you have to wonder what the hell is going on.
I do appreciate that it might not necessarily be the clubs fault that they cannot sell tickets on the day of the match.
I guess its probably to do with a chief inspector who has come out of university,probably never been to a football match in his life, but will put on his next years career appraisal how excellent he is at risk assessments by making a match between Torquay and Newport all ticket.
Persumably though the overwhelming reasons for making a game such as the Exeter match all ticket are to control numbers entering the ground and to prevent crowd trouble.
Fundamentally though you can still control the numbers entering the ground by selling tickets on the day.
If I was involved I would require a detailed letter from the Police Commander explaining what his recommendations for all ticket & early kick off matches were based on. A file of these letters could then be kept to prove whether the advice was relevant.
LocalGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chappell

Post by LocalGull »

God, this is the most rediculous thread I've ever seen. How many people would complain if tickets were sold on the day and Exeter fans were dotted around the stadium riling everybody with their presence? It's been well documented by the club in every possible way well in advance. I live round the corner from the stadium but due to work often can't get tickets in advance, hence why the on-line ticketing system is a massive benefit can actually drive sales not hinder them. In a world where everything is web based why are we criticising the club for having an e-option. How many of you did your Xmas shopping on line in advance of Xmas day? How did you all cope? Brucie-if you struggle so much to buy a ticket on line for a game that's been advertised as all ticket for months you're really gonna struggle through life. Your sob story is quite poor. You don't actually even need to print your confirmation, you just need the number, which you can write down and when you get there the number is just a back up ad they just ask you your name to pick up the tickets. Of course you can't have tickets available on the day of an all ticket game. Of course you can't have rival fans rocking up and taking places in the home stands. Really silly.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

LocalGull wrote:God, this is the most rediculous thread I've ever seen. How many people would complain if tickets were sold on the day and Exeter fans were dotted around the stadium riling everybody with their presence? It's been well documented by the club in every possible way well in advance. I live round the corner from the stadium but due to work often can't get tickets in advance, hence why the on-line ticketing system is a massive benefit can actually drive sales not hinder them. In a world where everything is web based why are we criticising the club for having an e-option. How many of you did your Xmas shopping on line in advance of Xmas day? How did you all cope? Brucie-if you struggle so much to buy a ticket on line for a game that's been advertised as all ticket for months you're really gonna struggle through life. Your sob story is quite poor. You don't actually even need to print your confirmation, you just need the number, which you can write down and when you get there the number is just a back up ad they just ask you your name to pick up the tickets. Of course you can't have tickets available on the day of an all ticket game. Of course you can't have rival fans rocking up and taking places in the home stands. Really silly.
What is really silly about wanting the club to maximise its money making potential? There are enough people commenting that its inconvenient to say that it is fact that the club lost money by not being flexible. Whether you think that fans who have this issue are lazy, idle or not real fans is absolutely irrelevant to the fact that TUFC lost out on revenue.

Theatres and Music venues are all ticket, but they sell tickets right up to the start should they not sell out, there is no reason TUFC cannot do that.
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

Picked mine up this morning was quite busy, Bill phillips was there helping out asked me how I knew about ticketing availabilty. Told him I found out about from the miserable sods on this site :)
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Another thing I don't understand, and I know this is the Football League, not TUFC, but why on earth is this being played tomorrow and not today? If the pampered players in the Premier league can playing Thursday/Saturday, I don't see why the rest cannot. The fact that people have to go to work the next day, well some do, at least, makes the day less enjoyable than had it been today.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Kernowgull wrote:
What is really silly about wanting the club to maximise its money making potential? There are enough people commenting that its inconvenient to say that it is fact that the club lost money by not being flexible. Whether you think that fans who have this issue are lazy, idle or not real fans is absolutely irrelevant to the fact that TUFC lost out on revenue.

Theatres and Music venues are all ticket, but they sell tickets right up to the start should they not sell out, there is no reason TUFC cannot do that.
How many theatre and music venues do you know that have to segregate rival fans?

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Scott Brehaut wrote: How many theatre and music venues do you know that have to segregate rival fans?
How is it that, even with all-ticket matches and modern technology, rival fans still end up in the same area together. And if segregating rival fans is such a concern to clubs, why aren't all matches all-ticket in all leagues at all times? The truth is that segregation of fans is a non-issue for most people, except those in the PC/Elf'n'safety Brigade.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Gullscorer wrote: How is it that, even with all-ticket matches and modern technology, rival fans still end up in the same area together. And if segregating rival fans is such a concern to clubs, why aren't all matches all-ticket in all leagues at all times? The truth is that segregation of fans is a non-issue for most people, except those in the PC/Elf'n'safety Brigade.

in all honesty, segregation is total a bo**ocks waste of time and necessity.

unless its cardiff. or millwall. or sh*t wed/united. or dirty leeds.............
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Scott Brehaut wrote: How many theatre and music venues do you know that have to segregate rival fans?
But whats to stop away fans buying in the home end at any time, all ticket or not all ticket? If the police, who charge us extra for these games, police it properly and eject any away fans causing trouble in the home end, which is what we are paying them extra to do, then there is no problem.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Its not a sob story at all - I have the tickets and will be attending. Wodger has a decent point though, we don't really know who actually makes these games all ticket.
Making the games all ticket doesn't prevent segregation at all though. If the away team sells out its allocation then there is absolutely nothing to stop away supporters purchasing tickets in the home end.
The only possible valid reason for making these games all ticket is to control the numbers entering the ground.
As none of these games would reach capacity even if the matches were just pay on the gate there isn't any real viable reason for the matches to be all ticket in the first place.
So it therefore follows that there is no justification for not selling tickets on the day.
Perhaps the club ought to come out and say how and who makes this decsision.
As it appears completely flawed then perhaps this could start to be addressed.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Absolutely right. If the Gulls were home to Chelsea in the fourth round of the FA Cup then the whole of South Devon would want to attend and of course the match would be all-ticket. If it were not all-ticket there would be lots of disgruntled fans turned away at the gates after the ground filled up. As it is, we're near the bottom of the league with approx. 3500 to watch Bristol Rovers and the game is all-ticket..!!?? Somebody needs to re-think.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

So this thread rages on and so does the embarrassment, theatre, love it, can see the headlines now, police called to the west end tonight after ugly scenes between rival fans, many required hospital treatment after fans of 'cats' and 'mamma mia' went on the rampage.. :)

Segregation isn't an issue at most grounds across Premier league and down through to some clubs even in League 2. Most premier league games are sell outs, so away fans can't get into home ends, and with an overwhelming amount of clubs with stadium capacity's over 10,000 they can provide more than enough room for visitor supporters, so don't have that issue, der. It's only clubs like ourselves with limited room, that every now and then come up against clubs like Portsmouth, Rovers, Plymouth that have massive away followings, and of course Exeter that this problem arises.

As I've said in a previous reply, there were just short of 2000 TUFC fans in Plainmoor for the Southend game, the Rovers game 'all ticket' attracted just over 2400 Tufc fans, that's an 'extra 400 home fans' who went and some how got a ticket a ticket for this game and weren't put off, if this game game being ticket was such a chore, the number of fans from the Southend game would have gone down, not up, just how many more fans do some of you think we would have got if this game wasn't all ticket, I hate to say this, but there a few of you talking from the back of you're behinds on this thread.

Yes we do know who takes these decisions already posted this link on a previous reply this time have a look through here, it does tell in here who is in involved in crowd management decisions... http://www.thefa.com/~/media/files/thef ... guide.ashx
Formerly known as forevertufc
LocalGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chappell

Post by LocalGull »

Of course segregation is one of the reasons for making it all ticket. It's one of the main reasons. These decisions are taken at the start of the season. Imagine, as unlikely as it is, that us and Exeter are battling it out at the top of the league, there is fierce rivalry on the game, Exeter sell out there allocation and then flood home ends by turning up on the day of the game. It would cause big issues and everyone would be complaining about it. Plymouth, rovers and Exeter all have the capability to bring big crowds down and all the capability to cause trouble (which I've witnessed first hand). Most if not all other clubs have all ticket games for a variety of reasons from crowd control, segregation, policing concerns, history of issues etc. comparing it to a theatre or concert is literally rediculous. Why would you have an all ticket game and sell them on the day of the game-what is the point in that?! I also cannot see that it means we lose revenue. There has been ample opportunity to buy tickets in a variety of ways. How backwards are we if we can't buy match tickets before the day of the game, or the months before. I'd argue it heightens the atmosphere and expectation because it's more of a special event. I wonder if Exeter, argyle, rovers are complaining about having all ticket games. I doubt it.