Player ineligible to play last night - CONFIRMED

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CP Gull

Player ineligible to play last night - CONFIRMED

Post by CP Gull »

Amateur isn't the word for it. That would be unfair on amateurs! :'(

I would say one thing though and that is I very much doubt that this would have happened if Colin Lee was still in charge.
Last edited by CP Gull on 02 Feb 2011, 15:35, edited 2 times in total.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

This cannot be true can it? I mean it would be the most inept and ignorant thing ever.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Richinns wrote:This cannot be true can it? I mean it would be the most inept and ignorant thing ever.
Unfortunately, it is. :@
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Very amateur, indeed.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Beggers believe - what muppet has f*cked this up?
The potential disciplinary action that will follow could very well see our league football lost and they end of the season.
TUST member 328
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

My guess is that we are looking at either a big fine or a big fine AND a points deduction (anything up to three points).
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

When it rain it pours. This has to be one of the worst weeks in our history.

Reading the tweets of our Club Secretary (get me), it appears she may have left her job, which may or may not be relataed to this farce.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

CP Gull wrote:My guess is that we are looking at either a big fine or a big fine AND a points deduction (anything up to three points).
3 points and a bad run (which very much interact) could very well = Blue Square football

To top it off a fine to a budget which is minute and only currently 18 playing staff on the books.

I hope the person/s responsible are getting what they deserve.

Would not accept this from an local under 12's side would you.
Last edited by Richinns on 02 Feb 2011, 11:37, edited 3 times in total.
TUST member 328
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Gutting, with the amount of loan players we've had over the years we must've known this surely?!

Is there a link to confirm?
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

I can't believe it, just as if things weren't bad enough after the weekend. This could end up playing a key role in how our season ends. As it stands we are only 8 points off the relegation zone albeit we have played fewer games. This is an absolute farce - PB must be fuming and it wouldn't surprise me if he thinks long and hard about his position after this.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I might be being really daft (and can't properly view the OS via phone or work Internet), is there some statement somewhere confirming we have done wrong? Can someone post a quote or paraphrase please?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

CP Gull wrote:My guess is that we are looking at either a big fine or a big fine AND a points deduction (anything up to three points).

I bet it will be 3 points per player.

Was Stanley unregistered also?
TUST member 328
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Jeff wrote:I might be being really daft (and can't properly view the OS via phone or work Internet), is there some statement somewhere confirming we have done wrong? Can someone post a quote or paraphrase please?
Nothing official as yet - although the "tweets" from the Club Secretary do rather confirm this.

I got the news from someone closely connected to the club.

To be honest though when someone of Graham Turner's (Shrewsbury Manager) experience goes on local radio and says he (Robinson) shouldn't have been playing then you pretty much know something is wrong. Not only has he been a Manager for gawd knows how long but he also ran Hereford United FC (from top to bottom) for many, many years and would know football administration inside out I would imagine.

I hope no one apportions any blame to Bucks over this though as he is a young manager learning his trade and he has more than enough on his plate concentrating on football matters without being bogged down with administration. Given that, imagine what sort of side we would have had to have played last night without the loan player(s)???? The fact of the matter is that the squad size is embarassingly thin ... we have lost 6 players (Charnock, Senda, Carlisle, Rose, Gritton and Hemmings) over the last couple of months - with no replacements - enough said!

The offield events of the past week should, in my opinion, lead to a serious evaluation of where the club is going and whether it is indeed being run on a professional basis.
Last edited by CP Gull on 02 Feb 2011, 11:57, edited 1 time in total.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

I still can't get my head round this. How could this possibly happen?

100% nothing to do with Bucks. If he is told the player is availiable then he will include them. Especially as we have only 18 players (16 without the these two loans).

Hope the FA are kind to our plea of complete stupidity but suspect they will heavily punish our incompetence.
Last edited by Richinns on 02 Feb 2011, 12:05, edited 1 time in total.
TUST member 328
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

seriously hope there is no substance to these rumours. for everyone associated with the club, this is the last thing we need. form is not good, morale looks a bit shaky, and the whole FA cup weekend was a big kick in the sensitives.

still, if worst comes to worst, we're used to a scrap and fighting for our lives, so lets get right behind the players and put all the recent disappointments behind us, and get the club moving up again. we've got the players to do it, they just need a bit of confidence restoring.
Brady

I Wish I Was There