Who will it be? - Chris Hargreaves NEW MANAGER

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Ling, brilliant. If it wasn't so tragic, it'd be hilarious. Rely on a manager who would have got us relegated previously, to save us from relegation now - with another mans team. We'd be a laughing stock.

What is John Cornforth doing these days? Maybe he'd like another go?
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Fonda wrote:Ling, brilliant. If it wasn't so tragic, it'd be hilarious. Rely on a manager who would have got us relegated previously, to save us from relegation now - with another mans team. We'd be a laughing stock.

What is John Cornforth doing these days? Maybe he'd like another go?
Shane, hopefully not walking his dog anywhere near the chairman.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

arcadia wrote: I agree Hargreaves, is a wanted man and what a clanger we would drop if he kept Northampton up. Get him in before Saturday and put Nico as assistant. :bow: :bow: :bow:
I wonder what planet you live on.. :-/
Formerly known as forevertufc
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Anyone with TUFC connections bored and fancy a go? Basil Fawlty perhaps? Maybe Christian from the Grosvenor? Or Kevin Hill's cat?
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

MY GARDEN SHED !
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

Neil Perrett, sports reporter from the Bournemouth Echo has just tweeted this:

"Echo understands Torquay are preparing to make a formal approach for #afcb first-team coach Chris Hargreaves to be their new manager".

He's @neilperrettecho on Twitter. Story on their website says he's already had an interview at Northampton though, may have speeded up our sacking of Knill: http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/ ... ay_return/
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Hargreaves could turn out to be an excellent manager. And if he was to get the job, I'd be excited to see his team play. But turning to him just indicates a complete lack of imagination yet again.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

miltonkeynesgull wrote:Neil Perrett, sports reporter from the Bournemouth Echo has just tweeted this:

"Echo understands Torquay are preparing to make a formal approach for #afcb first-team coach Chris Hargreaves to be their new manager".

He's @neilperrettecho on Twitter. Story on their website says he's already had an interview at Northampton though, may have speeded up our sacking of Knill: http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/ ... ay_return/
Heresay & guess work, although I am worried that a hero could be vilified in time if it were true.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Long shot but what about Jason Fowler? Isn't he a coach at Cardiff last I heard. Would be an interesting appointment.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Lord_Torquay10 wrote:Get Hargreaves in, and get Robbie Herrera on the coaching staff.
Could be good shout.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

Lord_Torquay10 wrote:Get Hargreaves in, and get Robbie Herrera on the coaching staff.
Could be good shout.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

How about Aaron Downes? Serious.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

Fonda wrote:Anyone with TUFC connections bored and fancy a go? Basil Fawlty perhaps? Maybe Christian from the Grosvenor? Or Kevin Hill's cat?
Carefull a lot are on here to night so we are all bored. Christian seems like a nice boy. :clown:
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

AlexGulls wrote:Long shot but what about Jason Fowler? Isn't he a coach at Cardiff last I heard. Would be an interesting appointment.
Yes, if 'interesting' means 'terrifying gamble'. I loved Fowler as a player, but what has he done in the game to indicate he's appropriate for this job? I really hope the thinking goes a little bit deeper than 'ex-players that are still involved in the game'...
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Isn't anyone a gamble though really? Hargreaves is a gamble because he has no experience and is wanted because he loves the club. If you go for someone like Sturrock or Allen then there is no guarantee they would be able to turn around the mess were in either despite being known for doing it in the past. I was only throwing another name out there. Especially since has been coaching for a while now.