Transfer Window

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

PhilGull wrote:According to that WMN article there is an unnamed midfielder, anyone know who it might be?
No I get most of my information from Roadrunner after he has helped our new arrivals with their bags, so I am sure he will be on later to let us know. ;-)
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

Samuel Aziz does sound hilariously spoof!

Talk of impressive trials at elite clubs, mentoring by Henrik Larsson, clubs fighting for his signature and a comparison to Theo Walcott. Yet all I can find out about him, beyond the hyperbole of his over-active representative, is that he might've played in a friendly between Kettering and Grantham eighteen months ago.

I'm open to be impressed, and await Hargreaves' decision with baited breath, but my current impression is of a failed sprinter with an imaginative agent!
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

This Aziz appears to be rather good looking, so I wont mind him coming to TUFC.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Jerry wrote:
Hmm.

This would suggest that he chose to leave to look for a better option, as opposed to the suggestion that Hargreaves had told him he wasn't needed here, which has been the story up until now. :|
Does no one read my posts? (I wouldn't blame you :) )

This nonsense about Hargreaves chucking him out is tosh, posted by a 6 year old on here under the username "Damien Mozika" (or something).

Jesus turned up and held talks with every player. When MoMo went in, a perm deal was discussed, but no deal was reached because we couldn't afford him. He left of his own volition to pursue other avenues. Simples. No hysteria, no cover up, no need for The Sun to call it Mozikagate, just a bog standard case of player and club failing to agree terms.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

Aziz wont be offered anything nor will the other trialists.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

ROADRUNNER wrote:Aziz wont be offered anything nor will the other trialists.
Gutted for Danny, nice bloke, bet he's gutted if true
Lucy
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

ah , sorry lucy, meant to say danny apart, think he maybe getting something, but the others are not staying.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

ROADRUNNER wrote:ah , sorry lucy, meant to say danny apart, think he maybe getting something, but the others are not staying.
Nice one. Win win scenario I guess for both parties
Lucy
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

portugull wrote:Callum Ball now on loan at Notts County scored the winning goal yesterday. If he starts scoring regularly it will remind me of Ashley Barnes!!
Funny you should say that, as of Knill's signings, I thought Ball had the makings of a decent forward. (Very good on Football Manager btw :) )
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

No pace, can't head a ball, no real ability to beat a man (see point 1), scored in one of 11 appearances for us (against the hopelessly inadequate Cheltenham). He's lucky he's not pumping gas for a living by now. Don't be fooled by the fact he's at L1 level. Notts County are desperate and will have anyone. Michael Smith, who is 10 times the player Ball will ever be can't get a kick in the Championship and so has been sold to Swindon.

Each to their own, but Ball does absolutely nothing for me. Then again, I seem to be the only one able to resist participating in the seemingly endless Rene Howe wankfest. Perhaps it's a particular quirk of mine that I like strikers who score goals?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Greavsie interested in getting Scott Rendell back.
TufcHills
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Karl Hawley

Post by TufcHills »

And Stevens likely to be offered a deal to end of the season
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Rendell and Stevens - Conference here we come. If this is true its abjectly disappointing news. Signing players who are worse than we have already is not a sustainable policy.
Trying to recreate our conference side is not gpoing to see us staying up.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

I must admit, it is a tad disappointing if these two are to be the saviours of our season. Hopefully Stockley will stay until the bitter end and these two will just be squad fillers.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

Hmm, I could possibly see an end of the season type deal for Stevens on the cards but I'd be very surprised and a little concerned if Rendell was to make a return. As Brucie says, we need players who are going to improve on what is already there and I can't see that with these two. I thought when he was last here Rendell was a decent player but a lot of time has passed since then, I regularly read a non-league forum and I gather he has struggled to find another club down there simply because in terms of fitness and ability he is no longer up to it. How that would make him good enough to keep us up I don't know. It seems over the past week a number of trialists have been at the club deemed not to be up to standard and the only players signed in Cooper and Stockley were already on the club's radar anyway. Whilst I'm fully behind the CH appointment I just hope in a new manager we won't suffer the 'lack of contacts' curse which the potential signings of Stevens and Rendell may indicate.
The original taunton_gull!!!