Exeter V Torquay 21st April 2014

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

A view from a scum fan on their forum

Can feel the trapdoor loosening

Really sad afternoon watching City today. A real nothing performance.

I would like to say well done to Torquay. They where the better side and deserved their win which keeps them alive for at least one more week.

Unfortunately the better side won and today it was nowhere near us.

Fortunately Wycombe, Bristol or both have to drop points on Saturday.

If we can sneak to avoid relegation we need a massive summer clear out to shed the mass amount of deadwood we have in the side.
Lucy
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I'm pleased for Courtney getting a goal today. He is another I've been hard on in the past but I'm starting to think he can fulfil his potential with us in the conference. Courtney, if you are reading this then take on board what Bodin has done to improve himself and do the opposite. I am more than prepared to change my mind about a player should they prove they actually do have ability. Ricey proved me completely wrong and I'm happy to admit it as have one or two others. If Courtney can get his head down and take his chance then I see something in him but he has to be able to produce it on a fairly regular basis and not just once a year like some.

HEAD UP COURTNEY AND BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!! YOU CAN DO IT!! SHOW US WE HAVE BEEN WRONG!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Haha :lol: , if we can't act and behave like children now and again as we get older then what's the point to it all GG? I just think some people aren't happy unless they are deadly serious and precise.
I agree with you Andy Wandy Woo !!!!!
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:That's the kind of post i expected to see from Chunkygull! He likes sh*t 80's music. :na: :lol:
:goodpost: :rofl: :bow: :slap:

Very sharp Andy. You know you admire my taste in music really.

Whats wrong with a bit of Foreigner or Whitesnake, :| or dare I say the greatest band in the universe ever - Queen! :bow:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Duncan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nico

Post by Duncan »

It just goes to show how fickle some football fans are. Those berating both the manager and his players - posting while watching on the radio this afternoon - seem to have vanished temporarily! Today's victory may well turn out to be academic, but for those who daren't go today for the fear of being relegated by Exeter, look at yourselves.

I enjoyed it ....
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

I was proud, yes...PROUD to be there !
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I've not vanished yet Dunc although I will be doing shortly when this Frascati kicks in. I posted negatively this afternoon and now am admitting I was wrong today and I have been proven to be wrong. I can't hide, my posts are there in black and white. I presumed defeat and we won for which everyone deserves credit when it goes right. Glad you enjoyed it anyway. It must have felt good even given the circumstances overall. Pleased for everyone that went today.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I made the decision not to go today, I've been to every Torquay v Exeter at Sid James including all pre-season games and the Flack testimonial back as far as I can remember, nobody need go on to me about being fickle or loyal, over the years I've been as loyal as they come and as loyal as I could humanly be.

I do I regret not going today, no, not one bit, I'm utterly delighted we've there today, but I didn't go because I've become fed up at the garbage served up these last 2 seasons , don't think I can remember should prolonged garbage since the mid 80's , I stand by my decision not to go today.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Dave, I know you are a long suffering and loyal fan and I'm totally in agreement with what you've said. Nobody can question your loyalty mate so don't fret mate. If I lived in Exeter I wouldn't have gone today either but I think the fans today deserved that. The fact that the worst case scenario could have happened at Exeter of all places and yet there were still fans willing to subject themselves to possible torment and torture from gloating Greasers. I'm over the moon for all that went today but their support is no greater or worse than those who chose not to go.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

No worries Andy, not fretting, just don't need any body telling me I need to look at myself for not going today, and I'm sure there are plenty being going longer and supporting the club longer than me who choose not to go today, who would probably feel the same way.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Duncan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nico

Post by Duncan »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:I've not vanished yet Dunc although I will be doing shortly when this Frascati kicks in. I posted negatively this afternoon and now am admitting I was wrong today and I have been proven to be wrong. I can't hide, my posts are there in black and white. I presumed defeat and we won for which everyone deserves credit when it goes right. Glad you enjoyed it anyway. It must have felt good even given the circumstances overall. Pleased for everyone that went today.

Any credit to the Manager and his players then?
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

If you read the credit for today thread I created on the main board then I think that answers your question.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

It could be worse, we could be managed by Lee Clarke. What a mess he is, looks and sounds.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I didn't go yesterday - and obviously regret it now - but the thought of being relegated there was just something I didn't want to see and I'd have rather missed a win there than be there for a relegation celebration from Exeter fans.

I've always gone in the past - although the last two league matches at SJP, I have had to miss for very good reasons, so this was my 3rd absence on the trot, meaning I have missed 5 away derbies (league) since my first in 84. (I have never bothered with Devon Bowl or Sherpa Van et al games).

But fair play to those who went who deserve the joy they must have felt at fulltime.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

I also didn't go, but I wish I had. I feel guilty that I didn't give my support. I assumed that we would lose and I couldn't face being taunted about relegation by those Grecian tossers whilst standing in the pig sty that they call the away end. Well done the team, well done Chris Hargreaves. Well done also to the fans that had the guts to go, good on you! It was great to listen to on the radio, but being there would have been better. I have hardly missed any local derbies in the past close to fifty years, and I feel sad that I missed this one.

Will we stay up? I doubt it, but at least we have a tiny sliver of hope.