Thank you to manse and nico

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
gullsfanatic1986
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Hargreaves

Thank you to manse and nico

Post by gullsfanatic1986 »

Both been given a lot of crap on here for the past few months but i think its only fair they both get a mention and a thank you for the years of hard graft and commitment to the club. They get singled out week after week and others carry on being played and cheered on when clearly worse! Benyon, Cruise and Tonge stand out!!!
Both are leaving the club after 7 years at Plainmoor and the place wont be the same without them so from myself, good luck guys and thank you
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

good luck chaps! thanks for everything! guess now we're in the conference a manager has realised we can't afford to hold on to players for sentimental value! they have served us very well, but let's not forget as soon as nicho was dropped for a game he wanted out! thankyou very much chaps, forever you will be Torquay legends! all the best! I'm sure no doubt manse will find himself a conference club with more money than us, and who knows where nicho will end up!
The gulls are going up
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

How do you know manse is going
Lucy
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Are they leaving the club? Where have you heard this?
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
gullsfanatic1986
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Nico didn't want out, this is what Knill told us, believe me, its not true. He still wants to stay.
Both have been told that thier contracts wont be renewed so just wanted to say thank you
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Likewise - I think it is really sad the way it has all gone a bit sour for them. Both have been iconic players for us, regardless of their technical gifts or deficiencies (whichever way you choose to look at it), and have been synonymous with our recovery as a club from the dark days of Bateson/Roberts, even though there is a certain irony in the eventual outcome.

Once the dust settles and things move on, I hope, when they come back to do the 50/50 draw etc, they get the reception their long service warrants. I am grateful for their service and will remember the good times more than this sorry season.
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

Neither want to go but manse said after the game its unlikely that he will be here next season and I asked nicho and he said he doesn't want to leave but he is very very unlikely to stay and get a contract
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

ethantufcbaker wrote:Neither want to go but manse said after the game its unlikely that he will be here next season and I asked nicho and he said he doesn't want to leave but he is very very unlikely to stay and get a contract
It's all well and good wanting to stay - something they should be admired for we've had plenty of players not show enough loyalty - but the harsh reality is for the money they earn they aren't good enough anymore

They've been fantastic players for the club, finding someone to replace mansells passion will be tough but like the last time we were relagated it's time for a fresh start!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Anyone but McNeil

Post by DTG »

Thanks for the good times fellas. Will always be Torquay legends just a shame how it's ended up. I thought Manse could still do a job for us in the Conf tho.
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jarvis

Post by exiledgull »

After finding out how Nico acted this season I only have one thing to say on this thread.

Thanks for your service Mansel! Always had the best intentions for the club.
MH91
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by MH91 »

Sad to see them leave if true. I keep thinking that Manse can do a good job in Conference level, but I also believe CH knows best. You will always be remembered as TUFC Legends. Thank you for the great service, memories and intentions towards our club.
gullsfanatic1986
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Get a grip exile. You don't know the first thing about how nico acted. He has always wanted to stay and never asked to leave. What Knill told us is a different matter. Both have always loved the club and want to stay
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

I've openly been a big critic of both of them over the past couple of seasons but I thank them for their commitment and service. It's a shame it had to end this way but unfortunately we have paid the price for not having a management structure in place to move players on when they were past their best. I'd suggest CH could learn a few things from Buckle for future reference in this regard. The fact that until recently Manse and Nicho had profile pictures on twitter celebrating the promotion in 2009 tells you they have been living on past glories for far too long. It's a shame we won't be able to move others on who shouldn't be staying but I hope in time Hargreaves can give the squad the shakeup it badly needs.
The original taunton_gull!!!
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

gullsfanatic1986 wrote:Both been given a lot of crap on here for the past few months but i think its only fair they both get a mention and a thank you for the years of hard graft and commitment to the club. They get singled out week after week and others carry on being played and cheered on when clearly worse! Benyon, Cruise and Tonge stand out!!!
Both are leaving the club after 7 years at Plainmoor and the place wont be the same without them so from myself, good luck guys and thank you
You think Benyon, Cruise and Tonge are immune from criticism? Just how many games have you been to this season?!
gullsfanatic1986
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Been to all of them and have done for 15 years