6 Players Listed

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

ferrarilover wrote:Your assumptions have got the better of you, Tommy. Make like Moulder & Skully and question everything.

Also, what is it with f**king soft footballers and "wanting to be closer to home?" I reckon this has to be a pretty easy way to spot the mummies boys in the dressing room. You're a grown man, you don't need to live near mummy and daddy. Grow up.

Matt.
So Hargreaves is lying and Chapell and Craig both want to stay?
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

tommyg wrote: So Hargreaves is lying and Chapell and Craig both want to stay?
How exactly did you come to that conclusion tommy? Weren't you talking about Cooper?
Last edited by cambgull on 08 May 2014, 10:04, edited 1 time in total.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

DJ Gull wrote:Craig wants to be closer to home in North wales. We'll see him featuring next season in a wrexham reserves shirt then
Amended for accuracy.
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I do not doubt for one minute that both Chapell and Craig want to move closer to home, but I wouldn't be to quick to believe Chris Hargreaves wanted to keep them either, it's commonly known as sales patter, you never give the impression that the item, or in this case the player was surplus to requirements and of no value to Torquay United football club, when you hope to at least gain a small fee, especially in the case of Jordan Chapell who proved in the first half the season is every bit a football league player with potential to develop.

In the case of Craig, he, in truth is such a limited player, no doubt he can take a wicked free kick, and can put good ball into the box, but his range of passing isn't as accurate as some think, and he can be bit all over the place in midfield, personally do not think he was ever going to develop into the next Eunan O'Kane as long as he had a hole to release his bodily waste through.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

brucie wrote:I take it using such a person as a urinal would not be an option then - or indeed a merry quip such as get off your lazy arse,smarten yourself up and get a job wouldn't be relevant :O :O :O
Trust me, I know about homeless people. They can be homeless for a variety and combination of reasons, but whatever their problems, shortcomings, misfortunes, weaknesses, or inadequacies, the fact remains that they are homeless and they are suffering, yet laziness is no more common among them than among the rest of the population. Undoubtedly, a few of them are lazy. You will find lazy people in all walks of life. But do not confuse an inability to act, for whatever reason, with an indolent unwillingness to act. They need support, help, advice, and encouragement, and yes, occasionally a kick up the backside just like the rest of us, but not ignorant bigoted offensive prejudice and condemnation. How about you look up the word 'compassion' in the dictionary..??
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

cambgull wrote: How exactly did you come to that conclusion tommy? Weren't you talking about Cooper?
I thought Matt was referring to my post about Craig and Chapell, not Cooper. My mistake.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

tommyg wrote: I thought Matt was referring to my post about Craig and Chapell, not Cooper. My mistake.
Actually, hadn't seen you had posted just before him. My mistake!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

forevertufc wrote:I do not doubt for one minute that both Chapell and Craig want to move closer to home, but I wouldn't be to quick to believe Chris Hargreaves wanted to keep them either, it's commonly known as sales patter, you never give the impression that the item, or in this case the player was surplus to requirements and of no value to Torquay United football club, when you hope to at least gain a small fee, especially in the case of Jordan Chapell who proved in the first half the season is every bit a football league player with potential to develop.

In the case of Craig, he, in truth is such a limited player, no doubt he can take a wicked free kick, and can put good ball into the box, but his range of passing isn't as accurate as some think, and he can be bit all over the place in midfield, personally do not think he was ever going to develop into the next Eunan O'Kane as long as he had a hole to release his bodily waste through.
I think we'll be wanting a lot more than a 'small fee' for Chappell bearing in mind we only got him for nothing off Sheff Utd with a huge sell-on clause.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I had meant Cooper, but the timing of the posts gave an alternative impression.

So, regards Cooper, Tommy (ok, that wasn't deliberate), make like Moulder and Skully.

Regards Chaps, maybe you've already hit the nail on the head (with a tweak to the language in respect of fairness to Jesus).

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

PhilGull wrote:I think we'll be wanting a lot more than a 'small fee' for Chappell bearing in mind we only got him for nothing off Sheff Utd with a huge sell-on clause.
I would suggest that probably shows the opposite. We have no initial investment to recoup (unlike Bodin) so any fee we receive is a plus, even if 30% goes to the Blades.
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Exactly. Also it depends on what the terms and conditions of the sell on clause are, of course I have no idea on that subject so this is purely guesswork, however, I would imagine Sheffield Utd have protected themselves against us developing the player and selling him on for a significant fee down the line, rather than against us selling him for say £20k with in a year. To be honest 30% of £20k and I shouldn't think we'd be talking much more than that, wouldn't be worth the time or the administration cost of receiving the money, to Sheffield Utd.
Formerly known as forevertufc
yellowman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by yellowman »

Chapell did not want to move closer to home , it's hardgreaves who didn't want him,like he said in an easier announcement about the 6 not being in his plan . It now looks like he's trying to cover that up with some homesick story.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

yellowman wrote:Chapell did not want to move closer to home , it's hardgreaves who didn't want him,like he said in an easier announcement about the 6 not being in his plan . It now looks like he's trying to cover that up with some homesick story.
You know this how?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
yellowman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by yellowman »

Because I just do
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Ahhh - that makes in legitimate!

Everyone hate Hargreaves for telling lies.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/