Potential new striker or a waste of time?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

According to David Thomas in today's HE Jamie Cureton is on CH's radar as are Jack Midson and Deane Smalley. If you believe the story it's between us and Bristol Rovers for Cureton.
Interestingly Hargreaves and Midson played in the same Oxford team so maybe Midson could be persuaded to move to Devon.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I don't want Smalley, he's **** crap.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

ferrarilover wrote:I don't want Smalley, he's f**king crap.

Matt.
Agreed, he used to be good but I'm not sure any more. The other two would be good signings though, especially Midson.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Jerry wrote: Yes please!

Is this someting we are pursuing Matt?
First glance I thought we were looking at Marlon Devonish or Devon Malcolm, but I can't make that one out. Is he any good? I'd be happy with Midson.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

ferrarilover wrote: He's a footballer, they're all mad. Some get the chance to live down here, then cry about missing places like Luton and Accrington. Fine, if you're a big city boy and you want to head to the bright lights of London, you go with my blessing, but anyone who actively wants to live in the grim north or some Bedfordshire shithole instead of here should be sectioned immediately.

I've never been to Guernsey (worth a visit?), but I can't believe that it's too much different from here, not really.

Matt.
I may be wrong, and it am sure Scott will correct me, but one of the differences between Torbay and Guernsey is that the Mancs, Scousers and Weegies that come to live in Torbay tend to be like cast offs from Shameless whereas those who go to Guernsey are millionaires.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Yeah, I'll credit you with that. Do what I do, live a short distance away among swathes of middle class people and commute in for games.

Rob, were you ever in the Armed Forces?

Matt.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I would actually be happy if Cureton went to Bristol Rovers. Brilliant for Exeter but seems to fail everywhere else he goes.
Five years past his sell by date.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I would prefer Midson who always looks a dangerous player whenever I have seen him - he is good at tennis as well.
DTUFC
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by DTUFC »

brucie wrote:I would prefer Midson who always looks a dangerous player whenever I have seen him - he is good at tennis as well.

Brucie's got his priorities sorted
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Can't we have both?
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

ferrarilover wrote:Rob, were you ever in the Armed Forces?
Code breaker? It's not one of either Guy Whittingham, Phil Stant or Iain Dowie, is it? Bit past their best now. ;-)
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

The problem with that article for me is David Thomas's constant use of the misleading 'goals scored against games started stat' e.g. 42 goals in 111 starts. I hate that use of statistics because it is a crock of shit as it includes goals scored as a sub against the only the games started, hence not counting the sub appearances in which some of those goals would have been scored.

It is misleading and it should be banned! :)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Rjc70 wrote: Code breaker? It's not one of either Guy Whittingham, Phil Stant or Iain Dowie, is it? Bit past their best now. ;-)
Ahahaha, I knew you were yanking my chain.

Matt.