God we might have to rely on you again!!!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

God we might have to rely on you again!!!!

Post by friendlygas »

Just been looking through each clubs fixture lists and noticed that you play Macclesfield Town last game of the season and after your efforts last season against Wycombe I certainly hope we haven't got to rely on you again!! LOL
How are you all feeling about your FA Trophy hopes? It looks like it could have messed up your hopes of the Play Offs and could continue to do so but on the otherhand us getting knocked out early on meant we suffered from having no games on two saturday's in January. What do you think? How highly do you rate getting to the final of the FA Trophy?
I was very surprised you beat Eastleigh on saturday as that was a very good win and certainly has slowed them down.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

On Buckles honour we won't let you down.
;-) :whistle: :P :rofl:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

You should have learnt by now not to rely on us for anything, I finally learnt to stop relying on our team two seasons ago :'( . As for the F.A Trophy, if we get through wont be our first F.A Trophy final, many of our fans blamed our run to the 2007 final for not going straight back up at the first attempt, last time arrived in the hell they call the conference.

Personally with our league season that despite an unconvincing win on Saturday looks to be all but over, I really do hope our team gets through to the final now, it will at least give us something to smile about, I think, the prospect of Torquay v Bath final might raise some interest around the South West, might even see a few gasheads at Wembley.
Formerly known as forevertufc
KingsteigntonYellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by KingsteigntonYellow »

I think the FA Trophy is all we have left this season, league inconsistency means we probably won't reach the playoffs. I wouldn't mind popping my Wembley cherry though so I hope for a final appearance.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

friendlygas wrote:
you play Macclesfield Town last game of the season
Yeah, so with Barnet winning the league what does it matter to Gasheads what we do against Eccythump Town? Methinks you ahead of yourself friendlyodour.

:engflag:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Trojan 67 wrote: Yeah, so with Barnet winning the league what does it matter to Gasheads what we do against Eccythump Town? Methinks you ahead of yourself friendlyodour.

Rely on us?

Don't talk wet.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

friendlygas wrote:Just been looking through each clubs fixture lists and noticed that you play Macclesfield Town last game of the season and after your efforts last season against Wycombe I certainly hope we haven't got to rely on you again!! LOL
How are you all feeling about your FA Trophy hopes? It looks like it could have messed up your hopes of the Play Offs and could continue to do so but on the otherhand us getting knocked out early on meant we suffered from having no games on two saturday's in January. What do you think? How highly do you rate getting to the final of the FA Trophy?
I was very surprised you beat Eastleigh on saturday as that was a very good win and certainly has slowed them down.
Our play off hopes were messed up long before the F.A. Trophy games ! The downward slide started with defeats at Alfreton and Telford. A few weeks ago, it looked as if Barnet were running away with the league but it seems as if the wheels have come off in recent weeks as they are now only four points clear at the top. So that could mean someone else goes clear by the end of the season. Er, um ........ Macclesfield ?? :-/
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:
Rely on us?

Don't talk wet.

Still got' driest sense ot 'umour this side ot South Yorkshire.

Gullstalker take note : my dry friend will roast your wet nets quicker than you can sit down for a feminist piss.

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"