Non Contracts

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Smithy1899 wrote:Still big shouts that the manager isn't being paid. The voices on here, I don't believe any of you. I don't think he's being paid at all. Too many people saying it now. Absolute shambles, not sure how they expect him to carry on working on expenses
Have we not been here before with you? Oh wait - we have!

Novel idea for you - stop trolling and try supporting.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Smithy1899 wrote:Still big shouts that the manager isn't being paid. The voices on here, I don't believe any of you. I don't think he's being paid at all. Too many people saying it now. Absolute shambles, not sure how they expect him to carry on working on expenses
The reason it's being talked about on the pop is because people like yourself recycle the rumour. I'm not having a go, it quite an interesting one and I'm sure I would discuss it if I heard it.

However I don't get your point, really. Cox wouldn't be here out of pity, or for a favour. He would only be here if he was either very interested in the job, or it is advantageous for him in some way. It's not as if he had a wage and we've taken it away, creating a problem; whatever he's on now is what he started on.

I have no idea how much he is being paid, but whether it's nothing, very little, or a million a week the terms must be acceptable to Cox otherwise he wouldn't have taken the job.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Ridiculous Post - You have no idea whether he has been paid or not - the notion that Cox and Ramshaw are here out of the goodness of their heart is ludicrous.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

So someone who lives up north gets an offer to manage us without being paid and takes it? All while deciding to relocate his family down here with him for a job he gets nothing out of, yeah seems like you've cracked a great conspiracy here.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

Nasty little rumours circulating on here at the moment; to what purpose ? To try to destabilise the Club that is trying its very best to steady itself after so nearly going out of business ? Or to set the fanbase arguing amongst itself unnecessarily when we actually need the fanbase to come together like never before ? It's said that Paul Cox isn't being paid ? It's said that the Club is using the Players ' Fund to pay off the gardening leave ? I would have said in the past that these rumour-mongers were City or Argyle fans trying to upset us, but we're hardly any threat to either at the moment, & if truth be told, they probably miss us ! So who are these people then ? Wind-up merchants with a very sad life or disgruntled former employees with axes to grind ?
Breedy has categorically stated that Paul Cox is being paid. The Club has pledged that every penny paid into the Players Fund 'will be used purely to assist Paul Cox in building his squad'. Go & play on the beach by yourselves, nasty little rumour-mongers, & leave us to support our team ! COYYs !! TTID !
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Heslop has signed a one year deal today, making it absolutely zero non-contracts left.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Gulliball wrote:Heslop has signed a one year deal today, making it absolutely zero non-contracts left.
Aren't Jamie Richards and Lavelle-Moore here on non-contracts?
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

I thought they were short-term, but you could well be right. I can't find a confirmation online.

Heslop is at least the last first team player on a non-contract. Richards and Lavelle-Moore are just filling the bench at the moment.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Gulliball wrote:I thought they were short-term, but you could well be right. I can't find a confirmation online.

Heslop is at least the last first team player on a non-contract. Richards and Lavelle-Moore are just filling the bench at the moment.

Of all the players that Paul Cox has signed, I find the signing of Heslop the most underwhelming. He has played under Cox before and so he knows the player and so we have to trust his judgement. Heslop did nothing when he came on as sub against Woking and he was woefully poor and off the pace against Cheltenham. I was very surprised he was in the side at Eastleigh. I'm dubious of players like Heslop who don't get fixed up with a club during the close season. Why not? I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now and hope he's just not up to match fitness but first impressions are far from encouraging. Does anyone have any views on how he played at Eastleigh?
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Don't underestimate the effects of zero preseason. Not just fitness wise (although that is a large factor) but in general team work/getting back up to speed. He's behind by quite a way. For me it's far too early to zbe making any judgments about him.

I would also say that I thibk he may be better suited to one of the two deeper midfield positions, but that is just my opinion.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

My son said he was hopeless at Eastleigh.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

brucie wrote:My son said he was hopeless at Eastleigh.
The same one who said we wouldn't score a goal in that game?

I'll pass on his 'opinion'
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Not impressed with him against Woking or Cheltenham. Lacking good control, touch, passing and movement IMHO. But 300 appearances must count for something, so let's not judge too soon.
TUST member 200 ;-)
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Heslop was anonymous in the first half at Eastleigh. He did improve in the second half but was ineffective overall. Too early to judge though, especially as he hasn't had a pre-season.

One thing that did disappoint me was that he wasn't very vocal. With so many young and inexperienced players in the team, Heslop and Ex need to take on a greater responsibility in terms of leadership. Ex is also fairly quiet and sometimes, particularly when we're struggling, we need our experienced players to encourage the young 'uns.
Smithy1899
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Smithy1899 »

I find some of the responses on here quite offensive and innapropriate, at the end of the day I love this club and am worried about its future. I would challenge anyone from the media to ask this question straight up to either Edwards or Cox. Has the manager signed a written (paid) contract at the club, yes or no? Or put another way, is the manager on a rolling expenses contract? Id be interested to see what either would say.