Cox Resigns

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

A MESSAGE FROM BOARD OF DIRECTORS

FOLLOWING today’s Board meeting, the Directors of Torquay United FC would like to assure the loyal Yellow Army that their commitment to the cause has not waned and the events of the last few weeks has only reinforced their spirit and galvanised them as a Board.

The Board would like to reassure the supporters that they are still dedicated and are working towards ensuring that Torquay United FC is sustainable for future generations to enjoy.

Football is a unique business and we are learning as we move forward. Together, the Board, staff and loyal supporters need to unite in order to achieve the best for Torquay United FC. This starts tomorrow where we all need to be one voice and back Dean, John and their team against Bromley.

Always Yellow

#COYY

THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

I cannot comprehend why a group of people so desperate to save the club will not communicate open and honestly with the fans. After all, pretty much everything can be laid at the door of people who aren't even there anymore so they could really be as frank as they like and not be under any criticism whatsoever. In addition this area of running the club was so appalling under previous regimes that in actual fact, total honesty and regular updates however serious would surely be the way to go and get the fans onside? Transparency.

Now all this has happened with Cox and some board members leaving and some fans are highlighting concerns about Dean Edwards and the validity of other consortium members that it's just more and more poison going into the cauldron. I thought it was a fresh start but clearly not and all because of something as simple, effective and never more accessible across multiple platforms nowadays - COMMUNICATION.

I fail to understand some apparently intelligent people and their total lack of common sense. The board rode in on a white horse to save the club and only a few short months the trust has been eroded and it all could have been avoided by **** talking to people!!! What's to gain by being secretive? We all know the club is **** and the previous board left behind a puzzle to solve of Jumanji-esque proportions. So what's new?

Cox is gone. The board should have told the fans he has gone via the appropriate channels as soon as it broke, why he'd gone and what the next steps are in terms of securing another manager. It's **** simple and easy. Game over for Cox so move on. Probably they'll spend weeks and weeks discussing the options before coming to a decision that can be made quickly as usual. Bad feeling, confusion, frustration and resentment are allowed to linger on and on and the fans get an inkling that once again there is nobody behind the wheel with that killer instinct to take and make effective decisions on the hop.

To be honest I've got no idea what the hell is happening down there and I never truly have. Is it something in the water or is it compulsory for board members to suffer from social phobia like myself whereby they don't **** like talking to anybody? The daftest thing about all this is that they are supposed to be fans of the club too and want the best for it. I'm sure they do and are all striving for the same goal but if it's that alpha male / power mad thing again and people can't get on then it's had it from the start. It needs to be about teamwork off the pitch, on the pitch and on the terraces but once again the unrest and divisions are there rearing their ugly head and there is absolutely no need for it to be like this.

I think the TUST should be the focus of everyone's attentions and just try and build it up so it's in a position to do something in the future but having said that, the current lot are all fans of the club too so if fans themselves can't find common ground, communicate and consider one another to find the best way forward then a TUST will just be exactly the same. That said, have faith and commit to making a difference and you'll be rewarded for it in the end.

You just need someone at the helm who is honest, has common sense and a business acumen, no ego, a passion for people and football, the rare ability to put others first for the greater good and who has the foresight to consider the feelings of the fans at all times. Do you have this person at the club at the moment?

I wish you all the best anyway and it annoyed the shit out of me when I read this Cox story. Why can't everyone just get on and do what needs doing?

Oh and Scotty, loved the rant about the Rugby man! Pissed myself! You are spot on. Even if Torquay weren't in a pickle, you'd still be right. Bloody egg chasers.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Bitter blow. Not going to lose my head over this though, I am going wait to see how things pan out, see who and what type a manager is appointed to replace Cox.

Then and then only will we know just how bigger this may or may not be, stick by your club.
Formerly known as forevertufc
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I agree forever but I don't think we were going anywhere and think he may have taken the easy way out just hope it's not money because he knew about that at the start of the job.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Didn't take long for the daggers to come out for Deano. Everyone was patting him on the back a few weeks ago and now he's on the end of a barrage of personal insults when nobody knows the facts. Not saying I do - Edwards may be or may not be responsible for Cox's departure - but a witch hunt isn't going to help.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

With Paul Cox gone, this is the guy I think we should go after ....

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... 1-7468741?
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Don't understand the rage against the board, if PC decides to text the HE then so be it,

I imagine a press conference would have been held for today and it would have been done that way. Disappointing for PC to do this.

Those who support Torquay United will be at Plainmoor tomorrow, end of.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Totally agree with the your post Tommy. It seems a really difficult situation, a real low point, but now is the time to find the support part of being a supporter. Name calling will not assist the club and however low we feel it will not be constructive. I hope we can get a reasonable attendance tomorrow and demonstrate that a spirit exists that will, however long it takes, see OUR club through.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Sadly won't be at Plainmoor tomorrow (off to Cardiff tomorrow for World Cup Rugby) but be interesting to see if Dean Edwards can manage a much needed win. He talks a good game so let's see!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

It's time we all took a look at ourselves here. Perhaps Paul Cox simply wanted to go back home. Perhaps there may be a more secure offer forthcoming. I'm not sure why it has to be all doom and gloom, maybe we should wait for the Club to be given enough time to make a comment when they're allowed to. Even if Paul Cox blabbed to the Herald allowing them to print a story the Club would need to be in full possession of the facts before commenting.

We're supposed to be getting behind the club here and offering unconditional support, not bleating like little lost sheep. Get a grip people, it isn't necessarily the end of the club as some are suggesting, it could be as simple as a homesick manager wanting to get back to his roots and seeking nearby employment.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Southampton Gull wrote:It's time we all took a look at ourselves here. Perhaps Paul Cox simply wanted to go back home. Perhaps there may be a more secure offer forthcoming. I'm not sure why it has to be all doom and gloom, maybe we should wait for the Club to be given enough time to make a comment when they're allowed to. Even if Paul Cox blabbed to the Herald allowing them to print a story the Club would need to be in full possession of the facts before commenting.

We're supposed to be getting behind the club here and offering unconditional support, not bleating like little lost sheep. Get a grip people, it isn't necessarily the end of the club as some are suggesting, it could be as simple as a homesick manager wanting to get back to his roots and seeking nearby employment.
:goodpost:
PlainmoorB0b
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Caldwell

Post by PlainmoorB0b »

Taking my lad to his first ever game tomorrow. Grandad coming along too. I shall be explaining that, yes, it IS usually like this...get used to it and simply rejoice and celebrate those rare occasions when it's otherwise. Thus it is for us TUFC fans. The next Chelsea fan I come across crying into their beer because of their poor start to the season will be getting a long, cold, hard stare!
gulls63
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: terry Adlington

Post by gulls63 »

When things go so badly wrong the buck stops at the top. Dean Edwards led the consortium, wasted a huge sum of money by putting staff on gardening leave and appointed Paul Cox. Perhaps he has the "confidence of the totally ignorant" or maybe he has cleverly achieved what he wanted i.e. the managers job. Hopefully he can restore some credibility to our Club but he certainly will not with a confrontational and self opinionated attitude. More respect for supporters and all associated with the club is needed from the boardroom.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

WTF?

I've had a bitch of a week at work, I sat in miles of queues from Bristol down and finally reached Paignton (new residence) mid evening....the kids have finally gone to bed and I've sat down for some t'internet browsing and find we've lost our manager and Dean Edwards is taking the reins.......god help us.

I can't go tomorrow because the kids don't like going (they went to the Guisley game and got turned off), I'm watching Reading v Everton on Tuesday night and who knows where we'll be as a club after that.

I've really struggled to support the club over the past few years but I'm really thinking this is it now. What is the point of spending money on a lost cause? Torbay is not a football hot bed and will never offer anything other than a very low level of football. Last week I had more fun watching Galmpton play Newton Spurs.

I'm so f***ed off with events at Planet Plainmoor and if Edwards thinks he can transform our luck, he's more deluded than I thought he was. His half time ramblings whilst making the 50/50 draw show that he's no motivator.

Totally f***ed off with this.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

I'm confused.. Is Dean taking the temporary role of manager or is John taking the reins and dean in the background?