Torquay united fans united day (PAFC)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

I worded it carefully, believe me!!
TUST member 200 ;-)
Pafc1985
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: luke young

Post by Pafc1985 »

torq2u wrote:No, Pafc1985. Come into the ground. I'm not bringing it out to you ;-)
I'll be wearing a green Argyle top as well lol, I'll be wearing my Adidas top from a couple of season ago.

Added in 1 minute 6 seconds:
This what our Local paper has said about tomorrow night.

http://m.plymouthherald.co.uk/CHRIS-ERR ... story.html

Added in 4 hours 56 minutes 19 seconds:
The coach from Plymouth is now Fully booked.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Fans united also recognised by local MP Kevin Foster in his latest residents update:

"TUFC Needs You,

It is sad to hear Torquay United are having a tough time at the movement, made worse with the resignation of the manager Paul Cox.

At this vulnerable time for the club, it really needs the support of the whole community more than ever. I am therefore encouraged to hear that supporters of other football teams; Plymouth Argyle & Brighton, possibly more are coming along to show their support at their next home game on Tuesday night which kicks off at 7:45pm.

I am looking forward to see Torquay play on Tuesday night and it would be great to see a few familiar faces from this update list on the Terrace as well."
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

I saw on Twitter earlier there's even going to be a Grimsby fan there!
The gulls are going up
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

gullno4 wrote:I saw on Twitter earlier there's even going to be a Grimsby fan there!
Hargreaves?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Behind-the-Gulls wrote: Hargreaves?
No he's a Northampton fan....

Cobblers!!!!

No it's true!

Sorry.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

thanks argyle fans, massive gesture of support tonight. I reckon there must've been well in excess of 150 tonight? hopefully we can arrange something like that again a few months down the line :)
The gulls are going up
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

I would like to go on record to congratulate the Argyle and City fans who turned up tonight and helped create a cracking atmosphere. Just a shame that our players seem incapable of raising their game to match.

Normally you would refer to a crowd like that being a 12th man but with our team it just about gets up up to 9 or 10 - Geoghan is quite frankly a waste of space and the midfielders too (although that's partly because they prefer to boot the ball in the air and hope someone gets on the end of it).
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Thanks from me as well. Fantastic support from Argyle and City fans and well done our own fans for supporting the team right to the last minute.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Concur with the above. Don't feel our players weren't trying, I felt they made a series of poor decisions that made the game seem harder than it should have been.
TUST number 080
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Thanks to all the Argyle and City fans who came to the game tonight to show support in these dark times. We appreciate the gesture.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I concur with the above. Rivalry aside, thank you for coming down and showing your support.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Looks as if the club and TUST are getting back together again, so things may be looking up. Now we just need to sign the right manager, and pay him and his assistant a half-decent wage.

A big big thank you to all those Plymouth (and Exeter/Brighton) fans for their recent support in our hour of need. Puts many of our fair-weather supporters to shame.

Many thanks chaps. It won't be forgotten.
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

What a great night, yes, we are struggling at the moment, but what a fantastic atmosphere so fair play to all our fans and others, great advert to come and watch TUFC.
IJN
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by IJN »

I've just passed the shirt money over to the Green Taverners.

Total funds raised (2 Youngy shirts and collection on Pasoti) = £807.40p

Signing off now. Hope it helps in some small way and shows what affection some of us Argyle fans have for your club.

If we don't make the second round of the FA Cup in December (5th??) I think quite a few of us will be up to watch your match on that day.

Ian