If you were Kev.......

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
pinitgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by pinitgull »

RussianGull wrote:As far as I'm concerned the back 5 should be pretty much nailed on:

Goalkeeper has to be Spiess until we've built Dan's confidence back up.

Back four is a no brainer, Berry MacDonald Smith Butler, I'd be disappointed if Nico picked himself for left back because I think Butler is actually one of the better players in our squad, not sure whether he'd make a good left midfielder but if he shows promise in training then push him up there.

Midfield is slightly more problematic:
Hurst has to play on the right, as for the rest of midfield then there of 3/4 places available. Hickford and Bell did nothing of note at Lincoln, Heslop hasn't shown much since he's been with us and left wing/left midfield is a problem area - Briscoe is ineffective from here and Murombedzi isn't ready.

Up front I like the look of Fisher and Marsh but I'm not sure on where Fisher plays best yet.

So Nico has some big decisions regarding midfield and up front. Regarding Exodus - what a weapon he could be in the final twenty minutes. Take off an ineffective winger/midfielder stick Exodus in the middle of the park and every opportunity boot the ball out of touch up top and we could aerially bombard the opposition defence. Against a tired defence his long throws could be very effective indeed.
I am glad you are not the manager......
Alley
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Alley »

We have to get the selection right firstly we need to sort out the defence IMO speiss berry smith McDonald and butler then iam lost for midfield possibly hurst and briscoe but IMO the best 2 c/ mids we have when fit are Carmichael and Richards if both are fit up front not sure we are not blessed with an out and out striker but I think we have the players if available Portugull touched on this in his post.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

try ex in the middle, where hes spent loads of his career, while we're short of young, richards or whatever, his throws are a great weapon so would be good to give him a chance there before we discard him completely or begin a hate campaign
still keeping the faith
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

You are insane.
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

Ex in the midfield? No no no no!! The guy is as mobile as a wheelie bin thats had its wheels nicked!
Seriously any team whose game plan is long throws is doomed to failure. Forget the long throws and get someone who can play FOOTball.
Tust member 191
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Mattpuma wrote:Ex in the midfield? No
He's injured and not in contention to play on Saturday, in any position. Sounds as though he has played a few games through injury of late. Quite like the content of the two interviews on YouTube. Nico comes across well in both.
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

I realise that, I was responding to another posters incredible assertation that he would be good in midfield.

As for Nicho, I have a feeling he may prove the doubters wrong!
Tust member 191
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Gloomy Gull wrote:I would never pick myself in the team.
I wouldnt pick you either gloomy lol :lol:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
NorfolkGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nicky Wroe

Post by NorfolkGull »

Ex in midfield?! HAHAAHAHAHHAHAHA!
KeithMalone
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by KeithMalone »

Back 4 and goalie pick themselves, lack of creativity going forward is the real problem.

Sense all the eggs were in one basket with Young, which is understandable as at this level you simply cannot afford/it isn't possible to keep more than 1 decent quality creative player in the middle of the park or you most likely will get overrun.

I wish Kev good luck, however I sense he may find we are up a creek without a paddle
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Mattpuma wrote:I realise that, I was responding to another posters incredible assertation that he would be good in midfield.

As for Nicho, I have a feeling he may prove the doubters wrong!

I think Bixie and I were talking about in the final 10-15minutes of a game when we're losing and lack any creativity. Playing him in the middle from the start would be madness, he doesn't have the legs for it! Plan B, Ex on in the middle of the park, play for throw ins in their half and who knows against a tired defence - saying that Nico has a good throw on him so could do the same with him!

It's not been since Buckle/Ling that we've seen a manager who makes changes in the 60/70 minute mark to change the game - that's what we need from Nico a well worked Plan B.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Please Kev, times are starting to get a little desperate now, no more than when you took over I appreciate but please don't play yourself against Dover.

For only then will you truly see what is actually required.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

The only creative player we' got as a midfielder is Chaney give him a go in a formation that suites him 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-3-2 he'd fit in any of these formations. Whats there to lose.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

......I'd be wondering what happened to the new manager bounce everyone talks about when a new guy takes over. Saturday's game was about as bad as we've seen this season at home.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

.... get Carmichael fit, quick.

Added in 3 minutes 44 seconds:
..... get Fairhurst fit, quick.
TUST member 200 ;-)