Cox Resigns

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Yells wrote: Now Now Scott stop mischief making! :red:

Asset Stripping relates to quality players already gone and no longer able to support us staying in this League. Now that's a big Wow!

INVEST IN PLAYERS OR WE WILL BE RELEGATED
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

You didn't talk about asset stripping - you spoke about "hiding losses"

:rules:

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Yellows
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellows »

Scott Brehaut wrote:
You didn't talk about asset stripping - you spoke about "hiding losses"

:rules:
Let talk about Losses

"The result means United are now without a win in 12 games – their last was back on August 15 at FC Halifax Town – and they are 23rd in the National League Premier Division table, just one place off the bottom and Kidderminster Harriers".

:O :O :O

Get it! INVEST IN PLAYERS NOW!

:rules: :rules: :rules:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Nice dodge of the accusation.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

INVEST IN PLAYERS NOW! BANKRUPT THE CLUB BY JUNE! LET ME AND MY CRONIES TAKE IT OVER FOR NOWT! LET ME AND MY CRONIES BUY AND SELL PLAINMOOR SO WE CAN WIPE OUR ARSES ON FIVE POUND NOTES!

etc. Etc.
Yellows
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellows »

Kit_robin wrote:INVEST IN PLAYERS NOW! BANKRUPT THE CLUB BY JUNE! LET ME AND MY CRONIES TAKE IT OVER FOR NOWT! LET ME AND MY CRONIES BUY AND SELL PLAINMOOR SO WE CAN WIPE OUR ARSES ON FIVE POUND NOTES!

etc. Etc.
Why would we go Bankrupt? How do you see things going? It sounds like you have no idea how Stadiums or Planning operates. Take it from me there is no pot of gold in Plainmoor. The value of the Club is in the League it is playing, get relegated and we have had it. INVEST NOW IN PLAYERS
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Yells wrote: Why would we go Bankrupt? How do you see things going? It sounds like you have no idea how Stadiums or Planning operates. Take it from me there is no pot of gold in Plainmoor. The value of the Club is in the League it is playing, get relegated and we have had it. INVEST NOW IN PLAYERS
Take it from me? Why exactly? Who are you to say??
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

George wrote:There are more than two schools in Torquay. Ill use another word - galvanise. What are the board going to do to galvanise everyone and get them singing from a same hymn sheet. The communication over the past 15 weeks has been sketchy, not transparent and unclear at the best of times.

gates of much more than 1800 are needed to break even. i know that for 100% certainty.
In spite of last night's lowly gate of 1200, I think I am right in saying that the average gate for the season is still over 1800. The Board has based their forecast on a 'break even' gate figure of 1800 so I don't see how you can possibly know for '100% certainty' that gates of much more than 1800 are needed. I think it was you who posted that you are a finance person, or something, with a league club. If so, you will know that Football is an unpredictable business. We MAY have a good run in the F.A. Trophy or Vase whatever it is called which will bring in extra revenue; we MAY have a decent run in the F.A. Cup which will bring in extra revenue; Eunan O'Kane MAY be transferred from Bournemouth which will earn us a pot of money. However, further investment would be very welcome and this is what the Board is seeking.

My own view, which may not be wholly shared, is that we need to bring in one or two experienced players from somewhere and loan out one or two of the players who are struggling with National league hurly burly.
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

tomogull
In spite of last night's lowly gate of 1200, I think I am right in saying that the average gate for the season is still over 1800
There are some out there who believe that what you're saying isn't right ;-)

Here is a different calculation posted on another site: 'Tonight's attendance of 1210 takes the season average to 1765, and below the break-even figure of 1800'.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Interesting that Cox remains unemployed; I wonder why?
Georg

Post by Georg »

The budget is already over 600k, five directors have gone and players like fergus bell have come in over the past few weeks. With 2 or 3 players on a grand a week it doesnt take a rocket scientist to work out the financial situation. Either deep pockets are needed at the end of the season or the wage bill still needs cutting. I still think the best way is going part time in the conference south , if it comes to that worst case scenario, and starting again from there. With four figure crowds Torquay united would be a massive club in the conference south. In the conference it is just another club just like a aldershot or halifax or any other thats been in the league apart from tranmere , grimsby and wrexham who are huge clubs from this league.

Added in 9 minutes 31 seconds:
Kit_robin wrote: Actually, the communication from the club has been broadly consistent, they've basically said the same things since July and haven't changed their story at all. It's been made muddy by fools like you who come on spouting rubbish with whatever ulterior motive you may have, making fans question the validity with no evidence in fact.

The fact you talk about reducing ticket prices shows that you are either a fool or definitely want the club to fail, as reducing our prices is the quickest way to lose income - been proved countless times over the last 30 years.

If you look at this board, practically everyone IS singing from the same hymn sheet. That's why you, yells, mushroom and the new wave of s*it stirrers have met with nothing but derision and argument - people who actually support the club are all pulling in the same direction; its you that's swimming against the tide.
If its marketed correctly its a winner. Take torquay united to the customer rather than the customer being took to torquay united. This club could easy get 3000+ through the turnstyles regular if things are effective. Its about the impression and reputation the club has in the communuity that will determine success. It might be bad reputation because of a previous regime so thats where the board have to be ''hands on''' and reach out to local people and business to change it.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

So last night, George, you were 100% certain that much more than 1800 was needed to break even and now you tell us the budget is over 600k already.

Yells also has an unanswered question from Richinns.

These 'facts' you trot out are unsubstantiated unless you are on the Board. Which clearly you are not. Are you a recent employee? As without being either of those two, none of what you say has any basis in fact. Which you claim.
Georg

Post by Georg »

No im not a recent employee but i know people who are associated with Torquay united right now and have been previously.

And no im not yells. And no im not a property developer or a asset stripper.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Unsubstantiated, then.
Georg

Post by Georg »

Wait and see. Unless extra funds are put in by the board or some players get off the wage bill soon theres no scope for more players to come in. Even them on non contracts can still cost 400 p/w at least whn there on non contracts,.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

George wrote:No im not a recent employee but i know people who are associated with Torquay united right now and have been previously.

And no im not yells. And no im not a property developer or a asset stripper.
Can you clarify what you mean by "associated"?

The milkman is associated with the club but I wouldn't trust his info on the finances.