Nicholson NOT Out

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Chesh_Fan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Chesh_Fan »

[/quote]Your right Kevins game is better now than when Knill was here as he's lost weight and is fitter. The problem is the decision making team selections and substitutions. Barry Hayles had a very vibrant dugout and they made the decisions whilst he was on the pitch.[/quote]

And your point is ? Bazza is just an assistant coach
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Clive Bissel wrote:The boycotting has already begun hence the gates reducing like wild fire so maybe you're right re being a tongue in cheek remark.

Looks like the lunacy is spreading then ....

Twice what Aldershot got for the visit of Eastleigh and 1100+ against a side 2 tiers below us says the gates are holding up well. Doesn't that suit your agenda?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

davidcaldwell123 wrote:When you have been in the game long enough you will understand how it works, quick example Alloa manager resigns and the manager less team gets a WIN, only their second in 17 games http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/tea ... a-athletic WHY?

Sometimes the manager exerts a negative pressure to the team and when he goes they play more positively, remember players are the same as everyone else, its like a new job, enthusiastic on your first day and by the end of the month its like any other job! Don't be naïve and think footballers wake up and feel they are blessed, its a job that comes with its own challenges and pressures just like any other, players are human just like us all, that why you need to get into their heads and find out what individually and collectively makes them motivated to exceed their performance levels.

1. Assess you teams strengths and weaknesses
2. Play a system that provides defensive stability, but with offensive capabilities, with the teams strengths in mind
3. If their are fundamental weaknesses that inhibit performance, focus on what will provide you with the greatest return
4. If you are offensively weak, or are set up to be defensive tight, spend as much time on set pieces as possible they will WIN you games the stats prove it, be creative and out-think your opposition.
5. Analyse where and when you lose goals and if their are trends identify what may be effecting poor judgement and mistakes at these times?
6. Preparation is key to everything, Sam Allardyce you quoted leaves no stone un-turned, nutrition key to high levels of energy, get it right and you will finish strong get it wrong you will lose energy and concentration. Strength and Conditioning you need to be strong, fast and agile in the modern game. Psychology, its under-estimated who high a factor this is in the modern game, mentally well prepared confident players perform at a high level, they deal with adversity better.
7. Make training harder than matches, everything has to be done at a high intensity, train longer than 90 minutes for at least 3 days a week, each afternoon have the players back for analytics, set pieces, get to know who your playing, who they play, what system they play, where are they strong and weak and adapt your game plan and system to reflect this.
8. Lead your team by example, set standards and collectively get them to accept responsibility for team performances, no excuses, you win and if you don't, you win next week, if you get beat there are consequences, rewards for winning ! They will get the picture quite quick! Behaviour breeds Behaviour, good habits, good habits and good habits, do not accept a drop in standards as it lets you and the team down!!!

Err , someone should tell that to the new York City manager Jackie McNamara - 7 straight losses, conceded 23, out of 2 cups in a week and sank to 92nd in the league. :bow: :) :-D

What goes around? I think I hear from some of you. :lol:

God football is SOOOOOOOO bloody pointless. :keepie:

Well, if you're the new York boss it is anyway.

Sad, really sad to see TUFC in this car crash of a state and i'm hoping still for all you old acquaintances that things improve and quickly. Hope you all are well anyway. Bloody football.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Just heard Man. United agreed to release Van Gaal! could be a hoax but it came from a contact.

A manager cannot get blood out of a stone but he can get the maximum out of what he has by passing on his experience to the players. (I do not like the word coach)
He's got a problem if he inherits players who don't listen or don't give a ----
Last edited by arcadia on 13 Dec 2015, 22:16, edited 1 time in total.
Clive Bissel
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Clive Bissel »

Be interesting to see what gate we get for the next home game but hey as long as we better Aldershit attendance ...,
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

We'll know who to blame if the attendance does drop after your rallying call for the fanbase to boycott.................
Dave

arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Clive Bissel wrote:The boycotting suggestion was a tongue in cheek through away comment to try and get the board to wake up .

Clapping the players off week in week out as we fall out of the depths of the football world is questionable with regards to intelligence to say the least as is blindfolded and blinkered loyalty
Put your body in the players, one week you moan that they don't come over to respect the crowd because they don't clap and go straight off after a game and then another week boo them when they do come over. We need to keep supporting the club otherwise we will lose it.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

I concur with everything Dave SG is saying - the Club can't afford to change the management team again even if it was justified. So this thread is just pointless. Its time to understand that the priority of this Board has always been, and will remain, financial sustainability and if that means relegation so be it.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Southampton Gull wrote:

I wouldn't disagree with you but the point is we're where we are now regardless, how we move forward is purely dependent on finances. Stupid talk of boycotting games is really going to help. You have to question the motives or even intelligence of people suggesting such a thing.

For those who question why Nicholson was given the job perhaps you should ask a certain board member who posts on here as she was the one who clamoured for his appointment.
I'm not sure people are actually boycotting, just not wanting to go anymore. I'm not sure who the board member is on here but I'm sure she is feeling silly now.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I fully accept that Nicholson and Herrera were appointed because they were the cheapest option, (even if the pair of them are completely clueless)

Yet when they were appointed the board were saying they were the best candidates out of 109 applicants - **** hell what were the other 107 like?

Bringing on a bloke from Watcombe whose only experience is playing in the South Devon League in preference to Fisher today is basically just a piss take.

So Nathan Smith didn't play because someone "forgot" to get written permission from his club. No doubt that was why Carmichael didn't appear either. What a joke.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Modgull wrote:I concur with everything Dave SG is saying - the Club can't afford to change the management team again even if it was justified. So this thread is just pointless. Its time to understand that the priority of this Board has always been, and will remain, financial sustainability and if that means relegation so be it.
How is relegation financially sustainable? And aren't Nicho and Herrera on a non-contract basis? The club needs a change before it's too late!

Cox managed to get points out of this team and the signings Nicho has made have been an insult.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Admiral wrote: How is relegation financially sustainable? And aren't Nicho and Herrera on a non-contract basis? The club needs a change before it's too late!

Cox managed to get points out of this team and the signings Nicho has made have been the only ones we can afford.
Corrected that for you ;-)
Dave

davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Marl Loram

Post by davidcaldwell123 »

I appreciated the level of frustration after the result yesterday, this is a great forum to flush out our anxieties but reality is we need to stay firmly behind the current regime. I have said this before, the guys at the club are very decent and act in a professional way, do they have weaknesses like us all yes, are they trying to do their best YES!

Changing managers at the moment is probably un-realistic and as much as a risk as a new manager will take time, Kevin has been in the game long enough to understand the buck stops with him, he's up for the challenge and we can only support the club and Kevin as much as possible, any talk of boycotts will only take the club to deeper depths.

We can all voice our opinions on this site, I do and I enjoy the feedback and banter, at times of adversity we need to all stick together, I personally have offered a couple ways to raising funds to support the club and will look to help in anyway possible, I don't want the club to descend any further into the abyss and I am willing to do my bit to help and have offered support and met the guys at the club, lets get firmly behind them all and see if we can turn things around.
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

davidcaldwell123 wrote:I appreciated the level of frustration after the result yesterday, this is a great forum to flush out our anxieties but reality is we need to stay firmly behind the current regime. I have said this before, the guys at the club are very decent and act in a professional way, do they have weaknesses like us all yes, are they trying to do their best YES!

Changing managers at the moment is probably un-realistic and as much as a risk as a new manager will take time, Kevin has been in the game long enough to understand the buck stops with him, he's up for the challenge and we can only support the club and Kevin as much as possible, any talk of boycotts will only take the club to deeper depths.

We can all voice our opinions on this site, I do and I enjoy the feedback and banter, at times of adversity we need to all stick together, I personally have offered a couple ways to raising funds to support the club and will look to help in anyway possible, I don't want the club to descend any further into the abyss and I am willing to do my bit to help and have offered support and met the guys at the club, lets get firmly behind them all and see if we can turn things around.
He might be up for the challenge but he is certainly not up to it. Sometimes the sign of being a man is being big enough to admit to your mistakes. This board need to do that now. Although the job would be difficult for even the very best to come in and do given the state of the club, there is no doubt at all that Nicholson is not getting anywhere near the best out of what he has at his disposal. He was the wrong appointment at the time and is still the wrong appointment and the club need to deal in reality and not romance. They simply have to find a way to address the situation or relegation is an almost certainty.
Alley
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Alley »

HI Brucie yes it was a farce smith not being registered but in the case of Carmichael he took a knock against Cullompton and they did not take a risk playing him by playing stupid friendly games we will pick up injuries pity because as others have stated and I agree Carmichael is probably the most creative midfielder we have and one of the best passers of the ball as I have said Nico move aside for Butler and get Carmichael back in the side