Briscoe Terminated

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

pinitgull wrote:Forgive me if I am wrong.....I assume Louis has to have his contract paid up. He will have been under contract until June. Even if it wasn't paid up in full, I know that the club will have had to offer a settlement.

You can't just tell a player he is free to leave..........
What you know about contract law can be written in large lettering on the back of a postage stamp.

If you're aware of what you don't know (you aren't entirely, but partially will do), to come here on war footing, giving it mouth about 'the people running this club' is a fools errand.

As Bartlett said to Willie, "if you must think, for God's sake think clearly."

Or, if you prefer, as Brick Top said to Errol, "it can get you into a lot of trouble, thinking, Errol, I shouldn't do so much of it."

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
pinitgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by pinitgull »

I see you write well, and are full of shit.......i mean wit.

You obviously know the full ins and outs of the decision to terminate his contract, and the subsequent payment of £0 compensate him.

I stand corrected.........tit
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

pinitgull wrote: I know **** all about football, or anything else, but I'm going to give it the big 'un anyway.

Oh ****, I've been exposed as a gobshite, quick, best respond with more aggression to mask my deep insecurity and abject lack of confidence in my initial premise.
Quite.

Matt.
pinitgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by pinitgull »

You're brilliant.....

Its interesting you don't offer your own insight, Briscoe simply bent over, and walked away with a Torquay United pen for his efforts after having his contract terminated...

Never meant for discussion to get personal, perhaps my initial message was a little direct, I apologise if misguided in my belief that if a player, manager has his contracted terminated, that they get compensated for the value of the remainder of that contract.

I bow to your superior knowledge. Bear in mind I support this club as much as you do, if I have grievances about mismanagment, it is because the decision processes of individuals has led us to this point, perhaps I can not air my frustration on a public forum....

Your views are respected Ferarri lover, just not your general tone
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

pinitgull wrote:You're brilliant.....

Its interesting you don't offer your own insight, Briscoe simply bent over, and walked away with a Torquay United pen for his efforts after having his contract terminated...

Never meant for discussion to get personal, perhaps my initial message was a little direct, I apologise if misguided in my belief that if a player, manager has his contracted terminated, that they get compensated for the value of the remainder of that contract.

I bow to your superior knowledge. Bear in mind I support this club as much as you do, if I have grievances about mismanagment, it is because the decision processes of individuals has led us to this point, perhaps I can not air my frustration on a public forum ....

Your views are respected Ferarri lover, just not your general tone
But where does it say his contract has been terminated? It says he has left with "mutual consent". As I said in my post earlier, there could be numerous reasons why both parties would agree to end the contract, without any or all contracted pay being exchanged. I am certain that none of them involve the club paying up the contract in full. If they have, then it does seem a strange decision, but they almost certainly havent.
pinitgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by pinitgull »

It actually says both.

I am speculating of course, no doubt someone will shoot me down!! My guess....which at the end of the day is al it is, a guess, is that KN/the board have sacrificed a big earner, who lets face it has not performed to anything like an exceptable level, will have been told he is surplus to requirements. I have to believe however that they will have worked out a compensation package, as you can not simply end a players contract without paying an aggreeable figure for both parties....(i.e mutual consent)

My argument would have been for the club to look for a loan agreement where someone takes him and pays, if not all, but most of his wages up until his contract ends in June.

No doubt I will get rediculed for my view, but there you go, perhaps Louis has another club lined up where they will be happy to take him on his current wage or better, and he has had the good grace to tell Torquay they need not pay him anything...at the end of the day, who knows.

Forgive me for my pecimism? (apologies for spelling), I hope I am wrong and that we end up going on a run that keeps us up,
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Pint gull is completely right, the best outcome for us would have been for someone to take him on loan to the end of the season paying his whole wage. Unfortunately this was never going to happen because he's always injured and has been completely useless this year.

He is also correct that he must have received a payment. How much will probably depend on a number of factors. For example, has he already got himself another deal lined up? If he has, we may have been able to get away with just paying the difference.

If he hasn't, and I doubt he has due to his form, then we're just looking at a negotiated pay out. Where pintgull is probably incorrect is that we've paid up his whole contract. This probably isn't an option as it wouldn't make sense for the football club - if we're going to pay his wages, we might as well have kept him.

I would HOPE that we've managed to get away with a payment that is about half of his due wage. This represents a pretty good deal with the football club. People saying it's worth two or three players are probably wide of the mark - in reality it's more like a straight swap for Blissett/Harrad.

And pintgull, don't worry about Matt. Unfortunately he is very sensitive and finds it hard to engage in an adult conversation, attacking the person expressing views rather than the views themselves.
pinitgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by pinitgull »

.............And my faith in humanity has been restored. Thanks KR
Stevie_RitchTea
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruairi Keating

Post by Stevie_RitchTea »

I read somewhere that KN was thankful that Louis was co-operative in coming to 'an agreement' which pretty much suggests there is some money in it for Briscoe
TUST Member 405
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

pinitgull wrote: My argument would have been for the club to look for a loan agreement where someone takes him and pays, if not all, but most of his wages up until his contract ends in June.
How do you know that they didn't try this?

Obviously we have had to pay him something, but equally obviously it won't be the full amount of his contract. Sounds like a good deal all round to me, we get him off the wage bill for less then we were liable for and he gets a lump sum and is free to look for a contract with another club.

Everyone's a winner (apart from the local pie shops :~D )
pinitgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by pinitgull »

You're right, perhaps they did try, none of us know do we...

Good of Louis if what SR says is true about him not digging his heels in for full compensation, could have said no chance and sat until June on his wage.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

pinitgull wrote:You're right, perhaps they did try, none of us know do we...
Yet your first comment on the subject was to assume you did know and to attack the Board for the actions they took. Actions of which you now admit that you have no knowledge. And you've the temerity to suggest that it is I who is full of shit.

All this bollocks about "not engaging in adult conversation" is just that. I take as I find. Posters reap what they sow. I've taken no umbrage with anything else in here, quelle surprise that the one poster against whom I shall stand is the one making wild statements based on opinions based on ideas which he has pulled firmly out of his arse.

Matt.
pinitgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by pinitgull »

Have you ever kissed a girl...?
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

pinitgull wrote:Have you ever kissed a girl...?

I've heard that not only has he kissed a girl, but that he liked it too....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yes, but what Matt isn't saying, but I know, the girl he kissed was only "Bangkok Eric" :)
Formerly known as forevertufc