Nicholson out?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Since Kevin Nicholson was appointed this is his record excluding cup games.

Home games Played 7 Won 1 Drawn 1 Lost 5 Scored 8 goals conceded 13.

Away games Played 9 Won 1 Drawn 3 Lost 5 Scored 7 goals conceded 17.

Total 16 2 wins 4 draws 10 Lost. 15 for and 30 against. 10 points from 48 (20.8%)

I have never felt so low about the team I have supported all my life.
davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Marl Loram

Post by davidcaldwell123 »

You will find the stats on when goals are conceded interesting, its the first place to go when doing analytics, it tells the story of at what time in a game performance is at its lowest and highest peak, only goals matter in games!

Break the game into 15 minute intervals, 3 in the first and second half. Once you know the facts put together the jigsaw puzzle on what is effecting performance and why.

Its not as simple as the players are poor, they are competing, but not being effective, its then about finding a system to suit the players and their strength defensively and offensively, systems like 4-2-3-1 are idea as you attack with 4 at anytime and defend with 6, its a good fluent system.

Its easy on paper but you need to get under the teams bonnet and see what make them tick.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

You don't need to look under our bonnet, it's written all over the chassis. Poor.

If we were a car, we'd fail the MOT............yearly.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench

:lol:

[ quote="Burnhamgull"]You don't need to look under our bonnet, it's written all over the chassis. Poor.

If we were a car, we'd fail the MOT............yearly.[/quote]
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

The problem with the club at the moment is we've got good people, not good football people as directors.
They need experience persons to make football decisions. :'(
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

David as a Gulls Player Subscriber I will do as you suggest commencing with Aldershot at Home on 3 October.The analysis will be based exactly as you set out and will show also if a shot or header and location of Goalscorer.
davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench

PM your mobile and I will call you to discuss.

Dave
portugull wrote:David as a Gulls Player Subscriber I will do as you suggest commencing with Aldershot at Home on 3 October.The analysis will be based exactly as you set out and will show also if a shot or header and location of Goalscorer.
Added in 4 seconds:
PM you mobile and I will call you to discuss.

Dave
portugull wrote:David as a Gulls Player Subscriber I will do as you suggest commencing with Aldershot at Home on 3 October.The analysis will be based exactly as you set out and will show also if a shot or header and location of Goalscorer.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

At the moment and I know many will not agree with me, I'd like to see Nicho be given more time, I've said on here, and in personal conversations I've had with a couple of senior people at the club, we've got to start backing managers and stop sacking them.

This age old excuse "he hasn't got his own team" is one that irritates the life out of me, as a fit for purpose manager can, and will adapt and manage anyone's team, until he can bring his own players in to suit his own style of play and man management, however Nicho is getting the backing to move out players he doesn't want, and bring in his own signings, that excuse will soon be gone as far as Nicho is concerned.

I will expect as a fan, to see performances and results improve between now and the seasons end, consistently, probably in all honesty to late, to save ourselves from the drop now, but we need confidence going into next season, and things do not improve, then before the season comes to an end I'd expect Nicho to be replaced, if they do, then carry on.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

When does his contract expire?

Are we going to be able to review at the end of the season and make an informed and timely decision on who may be the best manager to take us forward in the lower league, without having to pay anyone off again?
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I think it will be safe to say even at this early conjeccture that Goalscorer will be on here going on about feminism as usual :lol:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Glostergull wrote: I think it will be safe to say even at this early conjeccture that Goalscorer will be on here going on about feminism as usual :lol:
And you think Brucie is a lunatic..??
Glostergull wrote:i think brucie is a lunatic. there i feel better now.
At least I'm taking prescription medication.. :~D
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

forevertufc wrote: At the moment and I know many will not agree with me, I'd like to see Nicho be given more time, I've said on here, and in personal conversations I've had with a couple of senior people at the club, we've got to start backing managers and stop sacking them.
I also think that Nicho should be given more time. Considering the position we were in, I think a manager with some experience should have been brought in but I suspect financial constraints scuppered any chance of that. There's no point in sacking him now. We have to stick with him and the club for the rest of this season and see how things pan out next season, whatever league we find ourselves in. I actually think with some experience he could develop into a good manager so let's give him time to prove himself and hope that he can turn things around, if not this season, then next.
davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench

I agree, but he needs more help as he cant do everything himself !
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Gullscorer wrote: And you think Brucie is a lunatic..?? At least I'm taking prescription medication.. :~D
Haha we must both be on the same medication. :lol:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Gullible
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dan Butler

Post by Gullible »

@davidcaldwell 123 - he didn't have to play himself, as he had a decent full back in the squad - he was/is arrogant and thought/thinks he could/can do everything!