The Gaming International Files

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Had this e mail from the mayor today:

As I have had numerous emails regarding Torquay United and the freehold of Plainmoor I asked the council to provide a statement, please find below.

A Torbay Council spokesperson said: “We can confirm we have met with members of the Torquay United board, at their request. The board is currently having discussions with potential investors to develop proposals. Only once the Club have decided how they wish to progress matters, will the Council be able to consider the same and ultimately make any decision."

Kind regards

Gordon Oliver

Elected Mayor of Torbay

Tel: 01803 207829
Torbay Council
Town Hall
Castle Circus
Torquay
Devon TQ1 3DR

[email protected]
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Had the same e-mail - not sure how the Torquay Council are going to hand over Plainmoor as a housing development before the deadline in two day's time, when GI's period of exclusivity with the club runs out on. Still stranger things have happened in life and it could go right to the last day.

A personal thanks to the Mayor and Torbay Council for their 'sloppy shoulders' reply, I provide them with the in's and out's of a attempted corporate raid and all I get back is confirmation that they are "currently having discussions with potential investors to develop proposals" which everyone including the next door neighbours cat knew about last season. Remind me why I pay my rates again?
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

What else could the council say? If the club hasn't actually come to them with anything concrete, then how are they supposed to provide an answer?
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

So all this time and there is no plan. Brilliant. Well done Gaming International and well done Dave Philipps. You appear to have achieved absolutely sod all!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Marl Loram

Post by davidcaldwell123 »

Who can give me a quick summary on what's happened over the summer in terms of ownership?
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

David quite seriously nothing has happened. No information just stalling when we know come Monday we will at last be told GIL have withdrawn. End of story. Complete time wasters it appears.
davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Marl Loram

Post by davidcaldwell123 »

Very strange, does that put us in a difficult financial situation again or have we attracted some investment. To be fair I feared the worst last season but everyone involved did a wonderful job of keeping us up, how is this season looking?
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Re - calling GI timewasters. What strikes me as farcical is Torbay council saying the club have not told them what they want and the club only approaching the council a week ago, when the idea of the club holding the freeholds to plainmoor must have been on the cards from the very beginning of this saga. I actually wonder if it was Dave Philips who approached GI rather than the other way round. Because although GI have a dodgy track record they cannot be that crass.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

hector wrote:What else could the council say? If the club hasn't actually come to them with anything concrete, then how are they supposed to provide an answer?
Plenty as far I am concerned. The Council state "once the Club have decided how they wish to progress matters" .. excuse me!... was it not back in March that we were told that the Club were in in “advanced” talks with Gaming International Ltd, even signing a ' Memorandum of Understanding' to indicate a intended common line of action, namely, a proposed new ground for the Gulls, which would be paid for , in exchange for council land for GI to build housing on. Cue Torbay Council|!

This was clear to all and sundry, was it not? And now we are told one day before GI's exclusivity ends on July 31, the Club have not informed the Council how to progress matters. I find this all rather hard to believe.

So who is not being open and transparent in all of this, the Board of Torquay United or the Council?
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Plainmoor78 my assessment of GIL as time wasters is based on their track record over many years.

We are all in the dark because of a complete lack of communication which actually means anything from all parties.

This is normal up to a point but the time has come for a decision and some meaningfull statements from the Board and GIL.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Plainmoor78 wrote:Re - calling GI timewasters. What strikes me as farcical is Torbay council saying the club have not told them what they want and the club only approaching the council a week ago, when the idea of the club holding the freeholds to plainmoor must have been on the cards from the very beginning of this saga. I actually wonder if it was Dave Philips who approached GI rather than the other way round. Because although GI have a dodgy track record they cannot be that crass.

It wasn't.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

MellowYellow wrote: Plenty as far I am concerned. The Council state "once the Club have decided how they wish to progress matters" .. excuse me!... was it not back in March that we were told that the Club were in in “advanced” talks with Gaming International Ltd, even signing a ' Memorandum of Understanding' to indicate a intended common line of action, namely, a proposed new ground for the Gulls, which would be paid for , in exchange for council land for GI to build housing on. Cue Torbay Council|!

This was clear to all and sundry, was it not? And now we are told one day before GI's exclusivity ends on July 31, the Club have not informed the Council how to progress matters. I find this all rather hard to believe.

So who is not being open and transparent in all of this, the Board of Torquay United or the Council?
Regarding the last line, it seems to be the board of TUFC along with GI. They seem to have been fiddling about without actually doing anything meaningful. As far as I can see in everything I have read the council have no blame as they have never been involved!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

The council can only start anything formal once they have received a "formal" request from whoever. Do you think the council can just spend time on any rumour, talk, so called deal, paper talk etc etc, NO. They will respond in the right way to any planning submission formally made. And if GI or anyone else expects that an organization like the council can do things behind closed doors they are stupid, and to be honest useless!

For a start it could be open to legal challenge if nothing else, if it was done anyway other than by the rules
TUST MEMBER
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
Neal