Ebbsfleet on Saturday

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Yorkieandy wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 23:19 The reason why it will be an even bigger drop is because the owner simply isn't engaging the fanbase. Osborne's approach seems to be, we've gone down so i'll issue a short statement and then forget about it for the summer. That's it. I don't see the begging and the encouragement to fans to keep them interested.

It's like we've gone down, whatever. It's the alarming inactivity and lack of urgency about trying to stop a haemorrhageing fanbase which will contribute to the falling attendances and not just because of plying their trade in a lower league.

There is nothing coming from the owner or the club to make you want to return really.
Are York City doing enough to keep you as a fan or have you jumped ship again? :)
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Also it will be interesting to see what the ticket prices will actually be for next season and if they are in line with other clubs in the league.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 22:24 There were 1366 home supporters at today's match. When we played Tranmere in the first home game of the season there were 2670 home supporters. That is a drop 49% over the course of the season.
Difficult to evaluate that figure. The 1st game of the season will always generate a good attendance. As for today we where relegated, equally you can go back to north ferriby last season plainmoor was rocking with over 4000 and we could have still gone down. In fact over the season our attendance has been at least 1700+

I personally predict gates of 1200 next season and if we are doing well I reckon 1500.
Lucy
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Yorkieandy wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 23:19 The reason why it will be an even bigger drop is because the owner simply isn't engaging the fanbase. Osborne's approach seems to be, we've gone down so i'll issue a short statement and then forget about it for the summer. That's it. I don't see the begging and the encouragement to fans to keep them interested.

It's like we've gone down, whatever. It's the alarming inactivity and lack of urgency about trying to stop a haemorrhageing fanbase which will contribute to the falling attendances and not just because of plying their trade in a lower league.

There is nothing coming from the owner or the club to make you want to return really.
True the total apathy in his interviews ,it's just saying oh well we've been relegated but so be it see what happens next season.Nothing to enthuse supporters or players alike particularly when trying to encourage new players to start the drive back up the leagues.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Leadership and passion has to flow from the top down in any successful organization IMO.

So it's Osborne - Owers - Harrop

It's there in black and white why the club will struggle next season and why attendances will drop further.

I'll stop short of using the 'rocket science' term but you get the point. Crazy to think there are fans out there who think a decent season is on the horizon. :-/
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Yorkieandy wrote: 29 Apr 2018, 11:06 Crazy to think there are fans out there who think a decent season is on the horizon.
At this stage nothing can be assumed can it; there are those (including Harrop) who thought tha way at this stage last year if we kept the incumbent management; and look what happened.

Let's see what the squad looks like when they come in to begin pre-season on July 1st and then start to forecast on a more informed basis than we currently have.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

I agree Merse but i'm simply going on past trends whereby fans have trusted and thought the best and it's always got worse. With nothing having changed behind the scenes to change the direction and culture embedded in the club then i fail to see any other outcome than totally bombing in the NLS. I accept it's a negative prediction and nobody can possibly know the future but all you can do is look at the past, see if anything has been corrected and predict from there.

We've seen it before as have York, Chesterfield, Sunderland and a raft of other clubs that no matter which players you bring in or which managers, if the background to the club is apathy and disinterest over a number of years and doesn't change then they invariably struggle.