Player Search - Who Will Turn Up?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

37 games for Barrow last season, ive seen him play a few times, a decent player and south level will be a cut above. weren't the 5 players named above signed by Nicholson ?
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

A winger on the way apparently.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Wolborough wrote: 20 Jun 2018, 15:21 A winger on the way apparently.
Aye - Jason Banton

https://www.torquayunited.com/signing-w ... oins-tufc/
quantumleaper
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by quantumleaper »

On the face of it young Mr Banton seems a half-decent signing. Slightly worrying that Wikipedia describes his style of play as 'non-existent' ... :Oops:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Banton
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

In his interview Banton says he's known Owers for ages and has a good relationship with him.

Doesn't really fit the "Owers is a nasty man who players don't want to sign for" narrative does it? ;-)
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Yes I saw that entry in Wikipedia about Banton's 'non-existent' style of play - made me chuckle too. I'm hoping it means that no-one has contributed anything to this part of the article yet!
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

according to an Argyle fan I know he says he will be very good for us . plenty of pace and tricky.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

The clock is ticking and Owers is getting desperate, 3rd or 4th choices won’t build a Promotion winning team.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

kevgull wrote: 20 Jun 2018, 19:44 The clock is ticking and Owers is getting desperate, 3rd or 4th choices won’t build a Promotion winning team.
What the hell are you talking about?
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Zippy wrote: 20 Jun 2018, 18:21 according to an Argyle fan I know he says he will be very good for us . plenty of pace and tricky.
According to Woking fans, he’s a dreadful signing .......
TUST member 200 ;-)
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

torq2u wrote: 20 Jun 2018, 22:22 According to Woking fans, he’s a dreadful signing .......
Why don't we just wait and see for ourselves. People moan about no signings then moan about the signings we've made. This place is full of Victor Meldrews
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

torq2u wrote: 20 Jun 2018, 22:22 According to Woking fans, he’s a dreadful signing .......
According to some Torquay fans so was Luke Young... cant please everyone.

As has been alluded too, we are now a 'regional' club so the signings of Banton, Sololik, Essuman, and potentially Asa Hall for our current level, in my books is good recuitment... and I am one of Owers biggest critics. How these signings and potential signings gel, will of course, be the primary testing pad for Owers.

Banton's winning mentality seems sound to me viz "we have to play every game like its our last"
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

MellowYellow wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 00:14 According to some Torquay fans so was Luke Young... cant please everyone.

As has been alluded too, we are now a 'regional' club so the signings of Banton, Sololik, Essuman, and potentially Asa Hall for our current level, in my books is good recuitment... and I am one of Owers biggest critics. How these signings and potential signings gel, will of course, be the primary testing pad for Owers.

Banton's winning mentality seems sound to me viz "we have to play every game like its our last"
At last, perspective!!
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

Asa Hall confirmed on OS.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »