Mr Owers steps down

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Echo the sentiments re Andrew Candy. Always has been, always will be one of the good guys amongst a load of bad.
Busterjames
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Busterjames »

I appreciate everyone’s own opinion on the team and individuals and I won’t be changing mine on him or anyone else I’m afraid.
He’s taken a wage from the Club and done nothing of any good in my opinion.
He was Dean Edwards puppet and that still sticks out for me.
I look at the Club now and anyone who was ever any good for the Club has left and found much better pastures and all I see at the Club now is a joke of a team, a joke of a bench, a joke of a community set up, a joke of a commercial department and a joke of a .........., what is it Candy even does :clap: :na: :rofl:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

You are obviously a total cretin then. Actually I'll change that to just too young and impetuous to understand a valuable club servant. Servant being the key word that even you should understand.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Busterjames
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Busterjames »

Southampton Gull wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 23:07 You are obviously a total cretin then. Actually I'll change that to just too young and impetuous to understand a valuable club servant. Servant being the key word that even you should understand.
Please don’t start guessing or assuming age on here based on a keyboard message.
I’m entitled to my opinion as much as you.
What is it Mr Candy even does then that is so protected.
I don’t want to dilute from the point G.O has dragged our Club into its lowest point ever!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Southampton Gull wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 21:51 You might want to check up on it Dave, think you'd be surprisingly impressed ;-)
Never doubted Nicho's coaching abilities Dave, as you know, think the TUFC job came at the wrong time for him. By the way, I surpose it can be taken as a Mark of respect when someone gets to coach at the South side of ampton ;-)

He's due to take training at Ipplepen on Wednesday if not otherwise engaged in job interveiws, might go and watch. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Busterjames wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 23:11 Please don’t start guessing or assuming age on here based on a keyboard message.
I’m entitled to my opinion as much as you.
What is it Mr Candy even does then that is so protected.
I don’t want to dilute from the point G.O has dragged our Club into its lowest point ever!
I don't need to guess. Your immaturity is clearly clouding your "opinions"!!

I'm sure others on here will explain a lot more clearly than I exactly what value Andrew Candy is to the club.
Dave

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Has it been forgotten by some, that when Andy Candy, first came to this club he worked for nothing. Don't know the guy, spoke to him a few times, always comes across as thoroughly nice, and decent man.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Honest, honourable, approachable and sincere. Has given so much of his own time for the Club probably since before this clown was born. The one shining light over the last few miserable years and definitely not a puppet of Dean Edwards.
Dave

goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 23:45 Honest, honourable, approachable and sincere. Has given so much of his own time for the Club probably since before this clown was born. The one shining light over the last few miserable years and definitely not a puppet of Dean Edwards.
A very nice, genuine football man! The cretins on here will abuse anyone given the chance!

I’d suggest take some of the Negative feelings to Andy and use them against owers or the crock of sh*t players on the pitch, not an ounce of professionalism or passion between them!

I told owers to resign as I left early on Saturday, didn’t even have the balls to face me and confront me, the blokes useless
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Busterjames wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 23:03 I appreciate everyone’s own opinion on the team and individuals and I won’t be changing mine on him or anyone else I’m afraid.
He’s taken a wage from the Club and done nothing of any good in my opinion.
He was Dean Edwards puppet and that still sticks out for me.
I look at the Club now and anyone who was ever any good for the Club has left and found much better pastures and all I see at the Club now is a joke of a team, a joke of a bench, a joke of a community set up, a joke of a commercial department and a joke of a .........., what is it Candy even does :clap: :na: :rofl:
I am afraid that I just couldn't allow these uninformed, ignorant - indeed libellous - references to go uncommented on by me.

I worked as a volunteer for the Club for almost 18 months and happen to know first hand what he did to keep the Club afloat at a difficult time. He is a genuine Club man, remains a staunch supporter, worked as a volunteer himself for many years and took minimum payment for his substantial efforts when he was in a position of serious responsibility.

It seems that you have no idea what it takes to run a football club - it is not all team management - it is a serious business which requires professional people to do a professional job in the background. This Andrew did and still does - he is not, and never was, responsible for what happened on the pitch on match days.

I suggest you withdraw your comments or be condemned for the prat you appear to be.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

Back to today’s game Chaps
This is really hard for me to say but I want us to lose today. In fact I want us to get humiliated again .
I would happily give up the 3 points now if it meant GO was no longer at the club come next Saturday. Never felt like this before but I will be genuinely ambivalent if we win . He has got to go as soon as possible and if we have to lose again then it’s a small price to pay.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

tufcyellowarmy wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 08:37 Back to today’s game Chaps
This is really hard for me to say but I want us to lose today. In fact I want us to get humiliated again .
I would happily give up the 3 points now if it meant GO was no longer at the club come next Saturday. Never felt like this before but I will be genuinely ambivalent if we win . He has got to go as soon as possible and if we have to lose again then it’s a small price to pay.
See where your coming from as something needs to change and fast though deep down I think whatever Owers does Osborne thinks he's untouchable
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/footbal ... ns-1939939

This surely makes it clear to all at the club how the fans are feeling, even the chairman who never goes to the games.

Doesn’t he live near Gloucester? Perhaps he can make the game today for a change and see for himself why we are all reacting this way
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sills

Post by __quiet__gull »

forevertufc wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 23:34 Has it been forgotten by some, that when Andy Candy, first came to this club he worked for nothing. Don't know the guy, spoke to him a few times, always comes across as thoroughly nice, and decent man.
Worked for nothing for some time I do believe, I am sure if we knew his wage it would be nominal....
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sills

Post by __quiet__gull »

Modgull wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 08:15 I am afraid that I just couldn't allow these uninformed, ignorant - indeed libellous - references to go uncommented on by me.

I worked as a volunteer for the Club for almost 18 months and happen to know first hand what he did to keep the Club afloat at a difficult time. He is a genuine Club man, remains a staunch supporter, worked as a volunteer himself for many years and took minimum payment for his substantial efforts when he was in a position of serious responsibility.

It seems that you have no idea what it takes to run a football club - it is not all team management - it is a serious business which requires professional people to do a professional job in the background. This Andrew did and still does - he is not, and never was, responsible for what happened on the pitch on match days.

I suggest you withdraw your comments or be condemned for the prat you appear to be.
superb! :goodpost: