Mr Owers steps down

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

forevertufc wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 23:30 Well aware of who is Merse, a blind pig can find the occasional truffle, he choose to come onto the forum and post in such a manner. And who's defending what happened yesterday.
Don't fret Dave, Merse is just pissed because he's posting on our forum and not the "adults" one ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
lambadaboss
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by lambadaboss »

southampton gull. Can you tell me how I have been ignored by TUFC? If I offer the club 2 players and they choose not to respond back to me that is their choice and their given right. I certainly am not bitter about that. Nor do I consider doing this is in any way, shape or form to be trying to make out myself as a ''management guru''. I certainly haven't been accused of that before and certainly wasn't when TUFC made £975,000 profit from the last time I dealt with them as a manager/owner.

As for coming on here and ''opening my trap'' as you so eloquently put it, if you are an administrator of this forum is there any need to write like that? Perhaps you should do a little research into the ''lower league Spanish club I am helping'', as you put it. Second Division. Average attendance 27500. Assistant Manager. Different level, my friend. I have always been interested in helping TUFC. I have no airs and graces. I have achieved far more in football than you know to be able to try and insult me as you have attempted. Sadly it is that approach that has led to TUFC being where it is today. So if you want to castigate the hierarchy at the club and GO remember to take a look at yourself first.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

That is the definition of being ignored...........
Dave

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Isn't that a division full of reserve teams? Aren't most of those fans away supporters?

By the way, you certainly come across as bitter.

As for writing like that, I take umbrage at you castigating our fan base for the actions of a few dickheads. Saying we deserve it blah blah, what did you expect?
Dave

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well what I find strange, just been through the Spanish second division average attendances for the last three seasons, right up to the current date, and I can't find a single club with an Average of 27,500.

He won't name the two players or their current clubs, and he doesn't seem to want to name the club he's at, with a seemingly over inflated fan base. help us here lambadaboss, just want to do some research.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Southampton Gull wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 23:29 Well I sincerely hope you've not banged Gary Owers because if you did, trust me you were ripped off!!

:clap: :rofl:

pmsl classic dave
lambadaboss
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by lambadaboss »

No problem. I can see you are happy being how you are. Remember though, that approach of decrying down those who genuinely want to help will get you nowhere. Feel free to show ignorance those who wish to insult me. I laugh when I read that I found/ recognised a couple of players. Why not have a word with David Thomas from the Herald? He knows my career stats from his research. I have worked as a coach at Boca Jrs in Argentina. At Puntarenas in Costa Rica. At Miami Freedom in USA. As National Coach of Barbados with 27 matches played, 18 wins, 4 draws and 5 defeats, including World Cup Qualifying wins over Costa Rica. As Owner/Manager/Coach of Lambada FC. At Cartagena in Spain. Players I have developed at these clubs have been transferred for a total figure in excess of £17 million. Two of them came to TUFC and were then transferred for £975,000. I have also turned down a 3 year contract to coach Egyptian top club Al Ahly.

To SMW89 I suggest you do your research before accusing me of playing silly games and making things up.

To Southampton Gull, what level of football do you have on your CV that you are speaking to me as an authority?

I do not have to prove anything about myself. So why the insults?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Wow, what a guy. Are you Jose Mourinho in disguise?

None of this gives you the right to come on here and criticise our fans for the situation we are in at the moment. We all have condemned this person for their actions concerning Gary Owers, almost everyone apart from the juveniles have criticised the yobs with their flares but you continually berate the rest of us for it. We're where we are because of mis-management off the field, not because we are lousy supporters. The club chose to ignore you, that is a common theme but one that the fans on here are aghast at. We watch them week in week out, we can't hop all over the globe for our football fix because unfortunately we're hooked on TUFC no matter how crap we are.

What level have you played at? Two clubs I've played for are currently above us just as I predicted they would be, it doesn't make me an authority it just makes me another poster on here with an opinion borne out of watching this dross for way too long. ALL of us would be jumping for joy if the club took you up on your offer and produced a player even half as good as Rodney Jack.

Your stance and your manner of posting is what has drawn my type of responses, nothing to do with your "qualifications" but absolutely none of them are relevant to us. We're sliding into oblivion and the only way the current owners would take you up on your offer is if Harrop was binned because he won't have anyone else stealing his limelight. It would be interesting to know the names of the players you recommended though.
Dave

Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

lambadaboss wrote: 29 Aug 2018, 00:00 No problem. I can see you are happy being how you are. Remember though, that approach of decrying down those who genuinely want to help will get you nowhere. Feel free to show ignorance those who wish to insult me. I laugh when I read that I found/ recognised a couple of players. Why not have a word with David Thomas from the Herald? He knows my career stats from his research. I have worked as a coach at Boca Jrs in Argentina. At Puntarenas in Costa Rica. At Miami Freedom in USA. As National Coach of Barbados with 27 matches played, 18 wins, 4 draws and 5 defeats, including World Cup Qualifying wins over Costa Rica. As Owner/Manager/Coach of Lambada FC. At Cartagena in Spain. Players I have developed at these clubs have been transferred for a total figure in excess of £17 million. Two of them came to TUFC and were then transferred for £975,000. I have also turned down a 3 year contract to coach Egyptian top club Al Ahly.

To SMW89 I suggest you do your research before accusing me of playing silly games and making things up.

To Southampton Gull, what level of football do you have on your CV that you are speaking to me as an authority?

It's all very impressive Lambadaboss but how does it help TUFC?

Al Ahly beat Kampala City Council in the CL Asia this evening by the way. You've got to be able to fly by the seat of your pants to manage out there.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well that's it in nutshell, Sir Alex Ferguson could come the forum tonight and insult our clubs fanbase, he'd get treated in the same manner. Finally he gives us an insight to his career, he tells snw89 to his research, what do you think I've being trying to do.

According to the internet, apart from Barbados, Kevin Millard doesn't exist, so thank for detailing that for us, now name those players.

Edit; Just to add, if Harrop can ignore Paul Sturrock, with a real CV of success in English domestic football, who's right on our doorstep, what makes Kevin Millard or anyone else think there going to be treated differently, SG is spot on there.
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

lambadaboss wrote: 29 Aug 2018, 00:00 No problem. I can see you are happy being how you are. Remember though, that approach of decrying down those who genuinely want to help will get you nowhere. Feel free to show ignorance those who wish to insult me. I laugh when I read that I found/ recognised a couple of players. Why not have a word with David Thomas from the Herald? He knows my career stats from his research. I have worked as a coach at Boca Jrs in Argentina. At Puntarenas in Costa Rica. At Miami Freedom in USA. As National Coach of Barbados with 27 matches played, 18 wins, 4 draws and 5 defeats, including World Cup Qualifying wins over Costa Rica. As Owner/Manager/Coach of Lambada FC. At Cartagena in Spain. Players I have developed at these clubs have been transferred for a total figure in excess of £17 million. Two of them came to TUFC and were then transferred for £975,000. I have also turned down a 3 year contract to coach Egyptian top club Al Ahly.

And you choose to spend your time arguing with fans from a 6th teir football team on an online forum.
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

Forever - has Paul Sturrock now returned to Devon from his stint at Dundee Utd ?

Would be good to bring him in - any way at all.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

forevertufc wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 23:30 Well aware of who is Merse, a blind pig can find the occasional truffle,
Pigs find truffles using their sense of smell. ;-)
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

To be honest I don't know. I do know, that it was real Paul Sturrock that posted on this site a while back, I raised some points at the time, and was lucky to receive a couple of private messages from Mr Sturrock who gave me a great insight into a few things I wanted know, can't speak for the man, but my best feeling is, the Sturrock ship as far as TUFC is concerned, has sallied long into the night, and, as SG suggests above, even if the TUFC managers job did become available would Harrop want someone of Paul Sturrock's stature in the building.

Now to try and this back on topic, after all it's about the current management of the club. These last few weeks have been amongst the worse I can remember has a fan of the club. We've seen players berating each other, the atmosphere at home has gone toxic already, fans causing trouble at games, fighting with each other also, arguments on forums and social media, the unity between two forums appears to have once again broken down.

I'm wondering whether us fans have forgotten where the real fight is. For me it stems back to one area, last season I backed Owers to the hilt, I felt and still believe the seeds for relegation had been sown before he arrived, this season fresh start, new money, new players, blank canvass, early season it isn't so much about results, each division can take a couple of months to settle down.

But the warning signs in our current performances, and more worryingly the body language of some the players are going off all over the place, Owers as far as I can see has been backed to achieve a first time promotion back to the NLP, I can't at the moment see anything to make me believe we're going see a turnaround in results and performances, might be wrong however, we look a long way off it, but I do firmly believe the players we have, although not a complete squad, do have enough to gain play-off spot, if managed correctly, maybe a couple short of outright promotion though.

The second part of the problem is from those above, I'm well aware Osbourne isn't here for the love of the football club, but he doesn't get what he wants if the club is run down and goes bust. So where is the leadership from him, and Harrop, the whole thing is falling part in front of eyes, and the pair them are nowhere to be seen.

Think we all know, if the team ships an early goal, if the performance doesn’t stack up again Saturday, then expect things around the ground to turn ugly very quickly, teh players can't be expected to perform under these conditions. My challenge to you Mr Harrop, time to step up now, this can't be allowed to continued, you and club need to start talking to your fan base, if performances and results don't improve you know what needs to be done. It's not late to fix this.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Jerry wrote: 29 Aug 2018, 08:38

Pigs find truffles using their sense of smell. ;-)
How come I've neevr found one :) Oh glad to see you still posting.