Dartford 16 Mar 19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Never heard my dad so out of breath at end of game. A massive test and passed and really gives ourselves that nutrition needed to be steeley in these last games
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Great win today!!

No dispute about the :red:

Have to say SW came on and did well, whilst on the defence have to say I thought Wynter was fantastic today! He intercepted well and played the conditions better than most.

Reid will get the headlines with another 2 goals but everyone was full of running and the subs kept the midfield engine going

Dartford literally gave up at the end their No.2 was already on the coach home!
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

A great performance. Too totally dominate a team almost into submission with a player less was outstanding. Every player put a massive shift in today and we clearly wanted the points more than them. Dickson was impressive when he came on but for me Hall was different class. The front two worked hard and Janneh switching between midfield and forward worked well with 10 men. Poor ref again today which i think we have come to almost expect this season. Some bad tackles were let go towards the end.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

One of our best performances of the season from a point of view of keeping the ball and controlling the game with 10 men in the conditions. Dont agree the ref was dreadful, better than most , red card was correct and so was the yellow for the Dickson foul, was right in front of me and though he took him out it was not a red. I'd take him over that Daniel Lampoon we had against Weston any day
Uptongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Uptongull »

Yep totally agree with praise for Ben Wynter. Just a neat and tidy footballer. Did his job today well and at billericay last week he was solid. Never gets involved in any silliness or spats. Yea I thought the ref was ok today.
Uptongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Uptongull »

As the red card was for a professional foul, I think it is just the one-game ban?
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

That was an incredible performance and result after going down to ten men so early. Strangely you could only see us scoring more .
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Well today proved again what an astute Manager Gary Johnson is he rarely puts a foot wrong.
Niate played the man not the ball but interesting that the Referee wanted the linesman's opinion because he had a clear view.
I thought that was good refereeing. Jean is getting too many red cards. Is that 3 now this season?
The team were magnificent. We played Dartford off the park with 10 men for 77 mins plus 5 mins added.
Every played worked so hard in horrible conditions and we look so much tighter at the back since our loss to Weston.
Top of the Form Table again.Ryan Dickson coming on in the 60th minute was a very clever substitution. I wonder how many Managers would have done that?
It was an inspired decision as Ryan Dickson offered exactly what we needed in midfield because Kalvin is brilliant but simply cannot read the game like Dickson. No criticism of Kalvin he has not played 300 plus games in the Football League like Ryan.
Well one the lads. COYY.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

I thought Niate was absolutely robbed with that red card. So unbelievably harsh. Was the ref even at the match!!!?

(Just kidding - that was absolutely blatant).

All in all, a real test of character. Down to 10 men after 15 minutes, playing against the driving wind and still going one up, going 2 up in the second half and Dartford still being unable to score. That was a real battling performance. Well done to them all (though, Niate, WTF were you thinking)
TUST member 203
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I'm not that enamoured by Niate so hopefully SW can come in and stake a claim for the spot alongside Cameron.

Great win and keeps the pressure on Woking to perform, sooner or later they're going to get well beaten, maybe by us.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

A most satisfying win in the most trying of conditions, and I do not just mean the weather, I was sure in the first half when lemonheigh couldn't get the ball to stick in the corner circle the ref asked the managers if they wanted the game to continue, and as already said that advertising hoarding above the away supporters was looking very dodgy, if that had come down the game would have been abandoned.
What most impressed me today besides Hall running himself into the ground is the way that we saw out the game in a most professional way, yes Dickson adds that extra bit of maturity that he have lacked on a number of games this season, there is nothing rushed about the way he does things, but the job gets done. If we play like that for the remainder of our fixtures no one including Woking will touch us.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Today could have been a nightmare after going down to 10. Today the team has delivered in their mental toughness and sticking to a plan b scenario. Absolutely made up for them. Let’s not forget dartford are no mugs sitting in the playoff places. Yes, Woking coming back to draw was a minor disappointment, but they will be the most disappointed tonight after hearing us winning with 10 men for 80 minutes and still dominated. 1 point behind with a game in hand, I would have taken that at 3pm. COYY
Lucy
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Today showed again that we are significantly better than the teams battling for play off positions. Us & Woking are clearly better than the rest. I've been to seven home and eight away games this season and only Welling have deserved to beat us (when we had an off day).
I think we are better than Woking too and that they are more likely to drop points than us. But we really don't want to lose the game there.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

portugull wrote: 16 Mar 2019, 19:39 Jean is getting too many red cards. Is that 3 now this season?
In fairness, this was his first.

Kyle Cameron has had two, with one each now for Keating, Niate and Nabi.

Up to date seasonal stats: https://www.torquayfanstats.com/season1819
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
DFC
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Liam Davis

Post by DFC »

gateman49 wrote: 16 Mar 2019, 17:17 That was a massive examination and we passed it with flying colours. Everything was against us, a dreadful referee, an ugly side and the weather didn't exactly suit our style but we thoroughly deserved that result.

Ugly side? Bit harsh mate.

You’re on a different level to us, we’re only part time and you’re a league club in waiting. It’s completely different levels. This is our hardest game of season no question. Also we didn’t have our two first choice central midfielders, one of them our player of the year.
It made a hard job even harder.

Good luck and hope you win the league.