Torquay United Supporters Club

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
andrew candy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Torquay United Supporters Club

Post by andrew candy »

A successful launch on Saturday plus 3 valuable points on the pitch. A good day! It was good to meet so many supporters in Boots & Laces and thank you to those who signed up as members. We will be in Boots each match day at Plainmoor so please come and say hello. More details, including a Membership Form are on the website www.tuafcsupportersclub.co.uk
Also if any other Torquay United supporters groups around the country want to discuss ways of helping each other, please get in touch.
Thank you.
Andrew
andrew candy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by andrew candy »

With the breaking news that football won't return to Plainmoor this current season, I wanted to send my own message to everyone connected with the Club to take care, stay positive and most importantly, to follow all the well-publicised health measures. It is impossible at the moment to know when Plainmoor will be open again to competitive football, but when it does the Supporters Club and the Football Club will undoubtedly celebrate that moment in an appropriate way. From a distance, we have touched on planning a joint venture, but the precise detail won’t be completed until the opportunity to hold social gatherings is far more advanced than it is at the time of writing. For now, it is important that the Club carries on looking after the playing and non-playing staff and anyone else that looks to the Club for support. As supporters, we must be ready to help when the moment arrives for that to be relevant, but for now the message is quite simple, stay safe.
andrew candy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by andrew candy »

As the period of “lock-down” continues with no immediate resolution in sight, looking after ourselves and each other must remain the priority for us all. However, I think that it is also important that we maintain a positive frame of mind and use this time to think about ways that we, as supporters, might be able to help the Club when the new normality appears. Therefore, if anyone has any ideas or suggestions that might help us and the Club, then please let me know. I can then take these forward and see what can be achieved in conjunction with the Club. As soon as the moment is right, we will all be back at Plainmoor and hopefully, there will be many exciting occasions and events to look forward to. Until then, please stay safe and follow the Government’s instructions on social distancing.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

andrew candy wrote: 02 May 2020, 14:47 As the period of “lock-down” continues with no immediate resolution in sight, looking after ourselves and each other must remain the priority for us all. However, I think that it is also important that we maintain a positive frame of mind and use this time to think about ways that we, as supporters, might be able to help the Club when the new normality appears. Therefore, if anyone has any ideas or suggestions that might help us and the Club, then please let me know. I can then take these forward and see what can be achieved in conjunction with the Club. As soon as the moment is right, we will all be back at Plainmoor and hopefully, there will be many exciting occasions and events to look forward to. Until then, please stay safe and follow the Government’s instructions on social distancing.

Hello Andrew,
Hope you and your loved ones are all safe.How about a raffle where the prize is either a club shirt or football or a ticket to a home match which may get potential new supporters on board .It could be also advertised on Facebook and other media's by supporters on this site who could share it publicly and ask their friends to also so potentially reaching many people at no cost.

Yours sincerely

Graham
andrew candy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by andrew candy »

Thank you Graham,
I will keep a note of all the ideas raised by supporters and then approach the Club to see what they think. I like your idea and hopefully it is one that we can have a go at. Stay safe and thanks again. Best regards, Andrew
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Great work Andy. As fans we all want our beloved club to survive then thrive again. COYY
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Forest gull »

Great work Andy. As fans we all want our beloved club to survive then thrive again. COYY
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Forest gull »

Hi Andy,

Can you email me please? I have tried messaging you but it says email non existent

Thanks.
andrew candy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by andrew candy »

At the time of writing, the uncertainty over when and how spectators will be allowed to return to sporting events remains unresolved. A reduction in capacity is inevitable, at least in the short to medium term, and therefore having a season ticket would seem to be a minimum requirement, and as these quickly disappear the remaining tickets could be as hard to source as a Golden Ticket to Willy Wonker's Chocolate Factory. It might also be a good time to reconsider becoming a member of the Official Supporters Club as a way of keeping in touch with life at Plainmoor once football resumes in October. Given the premature end to last season, we hope to relaunch the Supporters Club as soon as the Government guidelines are known and we can firm up our ideas within the rules on social distancing etc. Watch this space and of course, keep safe".
Andrew Candy
Acting Chairman.
andrew candy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by andrew candy »

With the ongoing uncertainty about when football supporters will be able to return to sports stadiums, I wanted to make our members aware that should the absence continue for a large part of this season (at the time of writing some analysts fear it could be another 6 months), the Steering Group will consider extending membership in to the 2021/22 season at little or no extra cost. This decision will be made once we know whether or not it is going to be safe to organise activities and events during the current season. Unfortunately, that seems unlikely in the foreseeable future.. For now, we must continue to act in accordance with Government guidelines and of course do everything we can to keep ourselves, and others, safe.
Andrew Candy
Acting Chairman
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Forest gull »

Thanks for the update Andy. I guess we are all hoping we can get to watch our beloved club again soon, and that everyone remains safe and healthy.
I for one hope ALL clubs survive these awful unpredictable times.
COYY