National league meeting

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Chester FC Chairman says "We're not prepared to gamble our future for the sake of a loan... but the devil is in the detail" and it would appear there has been very little detail about how the loan is to be repaid, interest rates etc.

He comments that about a 1/3 of clubs want to carry on regardless (rich clubs - if there is such a thing) a 1/3 would take the loan (if there was more detail on a favourable payback) and a 1/3 want the season null @ void now ( because of where they are in the league - except Southport who voted No with alledgely total disregard for the finances of the club or its future having only the well-being of their players at heart - who would have thought).

So a mixed bag - if they can iron out the loan details with favourable terms the season should carry on.
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

I have a bad feeling about tomorrow meeting.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55878782
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

OK might have more luck on this thread, Two questions that have been bugging me cannot find the answers anywhere. If anyone can help would be grateful.
If for some bizarre reason Sutton win promotion will they take it? I remember a few years ago when they were doing well I heard they would not take promotion as they would have to rip up there plastic pitch which they would not be prepared to do. Does anyone know if this correct?

Second question
If they vote to null and void league on Monday. Does that mean no promotion or relegation. Would they not just do what they did last year? If not why! We are just under half way. Does anyone know the answer?
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I don't think anyone knows the answer to anything. The National League seems such a closed shop and a secret society, no one really has a clue whats going on.

If you read the club statement from Dulwich Hamlet you realize what a shit show is being run by the National League board - who apparently don't even respond to repeated requests for information from the clubs themselves.

My view is that those on the National League board have their own agendas and don't want the league to carry on - that's just my personal opinion, Hopefully there are enough clubs bulking that who quite rightly want it to finish it.
stargull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by stargull »

Minneapolisgull wrote: 01 Feb 2021, 01:58 If for some bizarre reason Sutton win promotion will they take it? I remember a few years ago when they were doing well I heard they would not take promotion as they would have to rip up there plastic pitch which they would not be prepared to do. Does anyone know if this correct?
I've no idea, but in normal circumstances that would save a team from being relegated from League 2, rather than promote someone else instead.
Minneapolisgull wrote: 01 Feb 2021, 01:58 Second question
If they vote to null and void league on Monday. Does that mean no promotion or relegation. Would they not just do what they did last year? If not why! We are just under half way. Does anyone know the answer?
They could decide to settle the season on the current table, but with less than half the season played that wouldn't widely be seen as fair, I suspect. Obviously we'd think it was great, but imagine if you were relegated on such a basis? Null and void means pretending the season didn't happen - this is what happened from step 3 down last season. You have to feel for teams like South Shields, who were 12 points clear at the top of the Northern Premier with just 9 games left - and didn't go up. I will be deeply upset if our season goes the same way!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Minneapolisgull wrote: 01 Feb 2021, 01:58 Second question
A few weeks ago the FA sent a questionnaire to all clubs at step 2 and below which included a question about hypothetically ending the season early and whether the cut off point for deciding the table on PPG (points per game) should be 66% or 75% of games completed.
From that you can conclude that the FA, whose decision it would be, don't regard anything below 66% completed as being a viable season. Also the Football League would also have to be convinced that the integrity of the National League season is maintained, so I can't see around 50% of games completed being accepted as a viable season.
If there is a question mark over the integrity of the National League's season you can bet that any prospective relegation candidates from League 2 will drag their case through the courts during the summer.
Nevertheless from what I have read over the weekend I think the NLP season will carry on after this week.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Minneapolisgull wrote: 01 Feb 2021, 01:58
If for some bizarre reason Sutton win promotion will they take it? I remember a few years ago when they were doing well I heard they would not take promotion as they would have to rip up there plastic pitch which they would not be prepared to do. Does anyone know if this correct?
Don't know why you regard it as bizarre that Sutton could win promotion, they are one of the best sides in the league.
If Sutton, or anyone else, refused to take promotion anywhere in the National League System they would be automatically relegated, in Sutton's case to the NLS.
I do think I read somewhere that Sutton have plans to build another artificial pitch next to their stadium if that scenario occurred.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

So could we furlough our Injured players to safe money, just saying 😉
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Nick Potkins wrote: 01 Feb 2021, 13:39 So could we furlough our Injured players to safe money, just saying 😉
Or put them on Statuary Sick Pay.