TORQUAY FA CUP TIE SELECTED FOR LIVE TV COVERAGE

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Hi DevonBee

My first game was against Bristol Rovers in 1971 when I was 10 !

Here is my dream time but after writing it I could not believe that I inadvertently left out Eunan O'Kane who gave me probably the highlight of my Gulls supporting career by scoring those two goals against the Green garbage and after waiting forty years to beat them in a league game !!

No real excuses for that apart from I had fifty years of players / games to go through and so many players to choose from !!

If you enter the ground by the Family Stand / Bristows Bench you can see me selling 50/50 tickets at each game !!

https://torquaytalk.com/2022/05/26/my-t ... ul-dennis/

Take care !!
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Dutchgull wrote: 25 Oct 2022, 21:07 Hi DevonBee

Here is my dream time but after writing it I could not believe that I inadvertently left out Eunan O'Kane who gave me probably the highlight of my Gulls supporting career by scoring those two goals against the Green garbage and after waiting forty years to beat them in a league game !!

No real excuses for that apart from I had fifty years of players / games to go through and so many players to choose from !!

If you enter the ground by the Family Stand / Bristows Bench you can see me selling 50/50 tickets at each game !!

Take care !!

Good for you selling the 50/50 tickets and thanks for your information.
We are of a simaler age, I had family in Devon and holidays in Shaldon as we lived in Berkshire.......my father would take me to Plainmoor
when we were on our holidays. I moved here 10 years ago, so have not suffered your 50 years. I am a season ticket holder and passionate about
us......despite this seasons frustrations. I attend a number of aways and I enjoy them.

Keep up the good work and take care buddy
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

Good to share with a fellow sufferer !!

Take care mate !
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Modgull »

Dutchgull wrote: 25 Oct 2022, 21:07 Hi DevonBee

Take care !!
Hi Dutchgull,

So it's you who sells me my 50/50 tickets! I am the guy who always asks for two non-consecutive tickets from you! It is poor that you have had your shelter removed from you but thanks for what you do for the club.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

Nice to meet you ModGull and thanks for your kind comments !!

I have been selling 50/50s since it started in about 1994 !
I used to volunteer to work in the programme shop under the old grandstand in the late 1970s and used to sell Torquay Utd lottery tickets door to door in the 1980's. I tried to get my customers to come to Plainmoor ....but that was a hard sell !!!

I used to have a few elderly customers on my round and I used to feel like someone from social services as they always wanted to have a chat !!
I used to love doing my round but the introduction of the National Lottery sadly put an end to that. I am just so disappointed that the club does not have a proper commercial department. Just having a match day sponsor and player sponsors is not enough !!! They should be doing so much more !

Please anyone reading this make yourself known if you buy 50/50s off me !

See if you agree with my dream team /squad on the link below as well !

Hope to see you next Tuesday to go through the agony again !!!

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Modgull »

Sorry Paul, shan't see you on Tuesday - triple booked and had to come down on the side of theatre tickets booked months ago by my wife! So see you for the Derby game.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

Ok Phil, enjoy your night at the theatre of dreams rather than the theatre of nightmares !!!