Will we stay up?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I wouldn't say York and Maidenhead are safe with little to play for yet.
I do what you do sometimes but it never works out that way ! We'll lose at Dorking and beat Chesterfield away something like that , I just hope Wrexham have wrapped up the title by the time we play them or Mullin will think it's Christmas against our defence.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

desperado wrote: 30 Jan 2023, 08:01 I wouldn't say York and Maidenhead are safe with little to play for yet.
I do what you do sometimes but it never works out that way ! We'll lose at Dorking and beat Chesterfield away something like that , I just hope Wrexham have wrapped up the title by the time we play them or Mullin will think it's Christmas against our defence.
Won't care about that as long as we're safe.....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Wrexham will hopefully be in 2 nd place and rest a few for the play offs when we play them.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

Forest gull wrote: 30 Jan 2023, 13:23 Wrexham will hopefully be in 2 nd place and rest a few for the play offs when we play them.
Hopefully Wrexham will fail again despite there Hollywood money........I for one will be celebrating if they do. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

I wouldn't write off Halifax getting dragged into it in 3/4 games time. They may be sitting on 32 points but their form is poor.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Win for Oldham tonight but defeat for York means they’re very much in the relegation battle.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

standupsitdown wrote: 07 Feb 2023, 22:05 Win for Oldham tonight but defeat for York means they’re very much in the relegation battle.
York are arguably a lot more catchable than Oldham having played two games less.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

The only way we'll stay up is if we win some 6 pointers v Maidenhead, York, Gateshead and Dorking
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Admiral wrote: 07 Feb 2023, 22:16 York are arguably a lot more catchable than Oldham having played two games less.
York, Maidenhead and Dorking are within our sights. Aldershot, Halifax and Yeovil also vulnerable.

Get out of this FA Trophy and concentrate on going on a winning run. I would rather win next Saturday than this week against Barnet.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Knowing us we'll beat them in the Trophy and lose the League game !
Hopefully they will be a bit travel weary by then , Halifax away last night, us Saturday,
away to Notts County next Tuesday then back to Torquay on the Saturday.
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by thebigp1 »

After todays results the table now looks much more favourable. With Gateshead, Dorking, York, Yeovil and Maidenhead all losing they will all be looking behind them with us and Scunthorpe winning. Massive opportunity on Tuesday to drag ourselves out of the relegation zone.

Realistically Maidstone are probably gone as they have too much to do. That leaves 3 of Scunthorpe, us, Gateshead, Dorking, Yeovil, York, Maidenhead and possibly Oldham and Halifax although I think they will both be ok.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

thebigp1 wrote: 18 Feb 2023, 17:31 After todays results the table now looks much more favourable. With Gateshead, Dorking, York, Yeovil and Maidenhead all losing they will all be looking behind them with us and Scunthorpe winning. Massive opportunity on Tuesday to drag ourselves out of the relegation zone.

Realistically Maidstone are probably gone as they have too much to do. That leaves 3 of Scunthorpe, us, Gateshead, Dorking, Yeovil, York, Maidenhead and possibly Oldham and Halifax although I think they will both be ok.
Agree with you.
Think Oldham will be safe - not so sure about Halifax......
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by thebigp1 »

3 games on Tuesday that really stand out

Dorking vs Us
Gateshead vs Oldham
Maidenhead vs Yeovil

Although I think Oldham will probably be ok if they lose to Gateshead they are right back in it and have a tough run of games after that. Hopefully you’re right about Halifax as we need as many teams as possible dragged into it.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Ten points from six games in 2023.
Keep that rate up and we'll easily avoid relegation.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Think the battle will be between us, Gateshead and York.
Maidstone are pretty much gone anf I think they will be joined by Dorking and Scunthorpe.