Players Under Contract

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

He can talk all he likes but it's up to us whether we let him go. Cant see Newport offering much.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Macdonald released by Cheltenham,
he won't back for a third time though.
Bit of a wasted season for him.
CourtierGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by CourtierGull »

brucie wrote: 12 May 2023, 13:57 Facebook rumour that Jarvis is talking to Newport.
Posted by paco, everything he puts up is crap looking for bites, is quite funny sometimes but obviously isn’t true. A quick Twitter search and look through the fan forum of theirs and not a single post. However did find some suggesting chesterfield had interest, personally I think Jarvis stays but we will just have to wait and see.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Do you not think that if Jarvis was staying we would have had it announced by now. Also not a comment from the player saying how he's looking forward to next season with us.

Sadly, it feels like he's off. Leaving us looking for three strikers.
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

Nick Potkins wrote: 12 May 2023, 18:11 Do you not think that if Jarvis was staying we would have had it announced by now. Also not a comment from the player saying how he's looking forward to next season with us.

Sadly, it feels like he's off. Leaving us looking for three strikers.
Why would they need to say he's staying when he's under contract?
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

CourtierGull wrote: 12 May 2023, 15:21 Posted by paco, everything he puts up is crap looking for bites, is quite funny sometimes but obviously isn’t true. A quick Twitter search and look through the fan forum of theirs and not a single post. However did find some suggesting chesterfield had interest, personally I think Jarvis stays but we will just have to wait and see.
:goodpost:

come on brucie, wakey wakey
toastkid
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

Happy, spot on!
Let's continue to enjoy the news of the continued great signings!

Yes, continued! GJ is putting together a good squad!
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

GullsUnited wrote: 12 May 2023, 18:21 Why would they need to say he's staying when he's under contract?
You are not wrong, but come-on lets open our eyes.
Under contract means little if he wants off. His agent is looking releasing 'buy me' video clips.
IOW Gull
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by IOW Gull »

Where are these clips ?
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

As I said it was a facebook rumour. I would doubt that Newport would have the money to pay a fee.

That said though agreed that being under contract will mean nothing if Jarvis wants to go.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Nick Potkins wrote: 12 May 2023, 19:18 You are not wrong, but come-on lets open our eyes.
Under contract means little if he wants off. His agent is looking releasing 'buy me' video clips.
Agents will always post videos, not necessarily as a "come get him" plea, but as a "look at players we represent!" boast. We don't know if Jarvis is looking for a love, but if he is, a club will have to pay a transfer fee. They'd also - presumably - need to increase his salary (not that I know what he's on), and barring whoever loses the playoff final tomorrow, I don't think there are any NL sides who want to lay out that kind of money on a player who has really only had one good season.

Furthermore, if I was Jarvis I would seriously be thinking about staying (in between admiring my beard and hair in the mirror). He clearly likes working with Johnson, and the value of that successful season can't be forgotten.

I'd also hope that the club is approaching him with a moderately improved contract to tempt him to say, perhaps with the option of a further year, and an understanding that if we don't get out of NLS at the first time of asking, we'll let him go for a token fee.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
rivieratouch
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by rivieratouch »

I can't find anything that states that Halstead has signed any deal with us, other than him being offered a new deal. Can anyone else confirm this Please.
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

rivieratouch wrote: 19 May 2023, 17:48 I can't find anything that states that Halstead has signed any deal with us, other than him being offered a new deal. Can anyone else confirm this Please.
They made full statement about it keeping Mark, Tom, Dawson and Tomlinson
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

rivieratouch wrote: 19 May 2023, 17:48 I can't find anything that states that Halstead has signed any deal with us, other than him being offered a new deal. Can anyone else confirm this Please.
https://torquayunited.com/breaking-news ... new-deals/

it's literally on the club website
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
rivieratouch
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by rivieratouch »

happytorq wrote: 19 May 2023, 18:39 https://torquayunited.com/breaking-news ... new-deals/

it's literally on the club website
Agreed yes, signed no