New Signings for the 2023-2024 Season

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

happytorq wrote: 16 May 2023, 17:52 Now you're a random person off the forum as well!

If you turn out to be right, good for you. But I've learned not to believe...anything.

Still waiting for Nicky Maynard to show up.
And Morton Gampst Pedersen
CourtierGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by CourtierGull »

Confirmed. Bradley ash has joined United.

Scored quite a few in a struggling side last year in this league, let’s hope he can continue like that… without the struggling side part of course
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

That, my friends, is why Jamie Cole is a top sports journalist.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Admiral wrote: 16 May 2023, 19:00 That, my friends, is why Jamie Cole is a top sports journalist.
I mean, he's no Dave Thomas .
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
JamieCole
Trialist
Trialist

Post by JamieCole »

happytorq wrote: 16 May 2023, 17:52 Now you're a random person off the forum as well!

If you turn out to be right, good for you. But I've learned not to believe...anything.

Still waiting for Nicky Maynard to show up.
Looks like it’s good for me 😉 the random man off Twitter…. What does he know ay 🤷‍♂️
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

CourtierGull wrote: 16 May 2023, 18:34 Confirmed. Bradley ash has joined United.

Scored quite a few in a struggling side last year in this league, let’s hope he can continue like that… without the struggling side part of course
Pretty pleased with that. We need more strike options and like you say is proven in this league.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Does the fact that he has been announced now mean we're going to be saved that bollox of announcing all the new signings on one day?
TUFCfan
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TUFCfan »

Seems like a good signing for this level. Several good goal scoring seasons in NLS and see there's a Plainmoor connection as his academy manager and then manager at Weston was Ryan Northmore.
Togusa22
Trialist
Trialist
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Togusa22 »

happytorq wrote: 16 May 2023, 02:30 18 goals last season is a very decent return, especially if he is (as various web sites suggest) a winger rather than a striker. Not sure about that bit, but still - not bad at all.
I'd have doubts about his ability to do in NL but baby steps, I suppose.
Decent return for sure would be very happy if he matched that this season

He seemed to play behind the main striker back in the Weston days not quite a 10 but more of a deep lying forward - if he's now playing on the wing then maybe he's found his calling

Let's hope so anyway 👍
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

Cheddargull wrote: 16 May 2023, 20:01 Does the fact that he has been announced now mean we're going to be saved that bollox of announcing all the new signings on one day?
looks that way. If I had to guess (entirely uninformed, lol), it's that they want people to get excited about the likelihood of a potential trophy come next May, so they can sell more season tickets.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Before you get carried away with this signing, take a look at this. The feature of this blokes scoring is that he is playing against defenders of primary school standard.

Look hes scored some goals in a struggling side last year. As someone else said - he isnt great though, which I suppose is why he has been at the level he has. Scored a good goal against us at Weston - I was behind the goal when he scored it, took it well. Other than that he didnt touch the ball all night.

Perish the thought that he is a replacement for Jarvis - if thats the case we are in deep shit because hes nowhere near that standard. He isnt Janneh or Kalala. Anyway you get the usual inane messages from idiots like toatskid who actually never says anything other than whatever Johnson does is a master stroke.

And happy torq - well if you want a list heres a few I wouldnt have signed. Marshall, Wtyatt, Mensah, Andrews, Mcgavin and Hanson - and thats just for starters. Its not my job to state who we should sign - well if have the casts the net for Southern League and NLS players then whose fault is that? - oh yes its the managers for getting us there in the first place.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

brucie wrote: 16 May 2023, 22:56
Before you get carried away with this signing, take a look at this. The feature of this blokes scoring is that he is playing against defenders of primary school standard.
Which team were they playing in that first clip - that is embarrassing. Had already forgotten the standard of football in NLS. Their defender makes Marshall look like John Stones of Man City.
TUFCfan
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TUFCfan »

Here's him scoring at Plainmoor, in a friendly, after a Covolan gaff:

happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

brucie wrote: 16 May 2023, 22:56
And happy torq - well if you want a list heres a few I wouldnt have signed. Marshall, Wtyatt, Mensah, Andrews, Mcgavin and Hanson - and thats just for starters. Its not my job to state who we should sign - well if have the casts the net for Southern League and NLS players then whose fault is that? - oh yes its the managers for getting us there in the first place.
It's very easy to criticise signings after the fact. Any **** idiot can do that (and look - you have!). With the possible exception of Mensah, all of those names were reasonable. I could go through each one but it clearly wouldn't get through your preconceptions so obviously there's no point.

I asked you to suggest a player that we should be looking at. You're correct that it's not your job, of course, and youre perfectly within your rights to offer no meaningful contribution to any discussion ever aside from the constant negativity. Just seems exhausting, that's all.

Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

MellowYellow wrote: 16 May 2023, 23:29 Which team were they playing in that first clip - that is embarrassing. Had already forgotten the standard of football in NLS. Their defender makes Marshall look like John Stones of Man City.
CalneTown, who at the time were in the Western League 1st division. Suspect it was a pre-season friendly.