Pre-Season Friendlies

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

Yawn
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

DevonBee wrote: 16 Jul 2023, 10:44 Saw the goals last night on YouTube. Well taken goals by us, however goals 1and 2 conceded awful schoolboy defending by the usual culprits 🥱
Good point, our team already looks strong in the attacking third and you can see us scoring goals, however if we don't fix the problems at the back, that saw us conceded so many late, and sloppy goals, it will hinder our chances of making a quick return.
Formerly known as forevertufc
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Dave wrote: 16 Jul 2023, 11:23 Good point, our team already looks strong in the attacking third and you can see us scoring goals, however if we don't fix the problems at the back, that saw us conceded so many late, and sloppy goals, it will hinder our chances of making a quick return.
Yes sure GJ is looking for another Nico Lawrence who was a rare breed and so intelligent .
It annoys me to see the schoolboy defending, attempting to shield the ball, losing it and immediately conceding a goal.
If in doubt kick it out.
Up top Ash looked lively and I will stick my neck out now and say he will score more than Jarvis this coming season ⚽️⚽️
Happy if anyone thinks different and fancies backing our Giroud ?
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

DevonBee wrote: 16 Jul 2023, 11:52 It annoys me to see the schoolboy defending, attempting to shield the ball, losing it and immediately conceding a goal.
If in doubt kick it out.
That was McGavin doing the McGavinest McGavining that ever McGavined.

(I did like that the whole team appealed for a free kick at the same time, despite it being nowhere near a foul)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

happytorq wrote: 17 Jul 2023, 16:15 That was McGavin doing the McGavinest McGavining that ever McGavined.

(I did like that the whole team appealed for a free kick at the same time, despite it being nowhere near a foul)
Absolute waste of space , wish we could get shot of ......he is a complete liability.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I think the traillist is finlay craske , never heard of the others.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

culmstockgull wrote: 18 Jul 2023, 19:27 I think the traillist is finlay craske , never heard of the others.
youth players, I believe. Jacob Wellington is apparently the captain of Stoke Gabriel U-16...
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Gull in black
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Gull in black »

Good game tonight. PSF is a PSF but great to get a good result.
Some good performances Shaun Donnellan impressive in defence, Ollie Tomlinson is a capable player, Brad Ash can run and run.
Good all round performance.
Can’t wait for the league matches to start.
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

Encouraging. Sounded like trialist A had a good game too.
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

Really enjoyed that game tonight. Thought trilist wearing the number 15 shirt had a great game. Left last seasons PSF against Argyle thinking either we were poor and in for a bad season or Argyle were excellent and in for a good season but did not think it would be both!!! Left Plainmoor tonight thinking we looked good and Argyle rather poor. I know most will say PSF mean nothing but in these troubling times, I walked away from Plainmoor tonight with a small smile on my face. Something that hasn't happened in a while!
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

1-1
Good team performance last night.
Finley Craske - Trialist A
Number 15
Ex Argyle Right back.
Sign him up!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
The Eternal Optimist
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by The Eternal Optimist »

The Plymouth manager said some very complimentary things about Torquay's performance last night.
We would not have this team, and many of these players if Gary Johnson had left the club. We would be starting all over again with an unknown and untried team, and we know what that can mean. Let's all get behind this team from match one and get them out of this division at the first attempt. There's something to be said for continuity. We're taking off from where we left off last season.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

The Eternal Optimist wrote: 19 Jul 2023, 17:45We're taking off from where we left off last season.
Yes, **** relegated.