First games in 18 years!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ScottishGull
Trialist
Trialist

First games in 18 years!

Post by ScottishGull »

Hello everyone,

Long time follower of the gulls, i have luckily had the pleasure of attending matches in the past as a youngster as my gran resided in the Torbay area but since her passing i have not managed to make it back down and my last Torquay game was the FA Trophy final against Ebbsfleet at Wembley in 2008. Now older and wiser i have booked myself a road trip around England with the main aim of the trip to revisit the area and take in a couple of matches. I am booked into a hotel in Paignton for the weekend of the Welling game on the 21st October and am confident thay i will get a ticket for the Pop Side but on the 24th i am booked into a hotel in Weston Super Mare for our away game there, just wondering how easy it will be to get a ticket for the away end at this game or if i will need to get away with a home end ticket (with my Scottish accent i feel this wont be a problem :lol: )

Also any reccomendations of where to go pre match on the date of the home game will be appreciated, i will be coming down on my own so would like to get the full matchday experience and get to know some of the yellow army!

Thanks all

Stuart
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

There was no home end or away end the last time we played there - you pretty much cannot see any thing from either side of the ground, you more or less have to stand in the larger of the two away ends to get any sort of view. People were just walking into the ground and not paying, the staff on duty seemed incapable of stopping them. It was a shambles.
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

The Union Inn on the way to the ground ( 2 minutes away), Boots and Laces at the ground, or Gulls Nest in the ground if sitting in Bristows Bench or Family Stand, Stuart.
BennieHammond
Trialist
Trialist

Post by BennieHammond »

To enjoy the full matchday experience, consider checking out local pubs, fan zones, and arriving early.
We strive daily and are committed here to continuous user experience improvement at TECHZAPK.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

Bring a bin bag.
North Curry House
Skipper
Skipper

Post by North Curry House »

ScottishGull wrote: 23 Jul 2023, 23:01 Hello everyone,

Long time follower of the gulls, i have luckily had the pleasure of attending matches in the past as a youngster as my gran resided in the Torbay area but since her passing i have not managed to make it back down and my last Torquay game was the FA Trophy final against Ebbsfleet at Wembley in 2008. Now older and wiser i have booked myself a road trip around England with the main aim of the trip to revisit the area and take in a couple of matches. I am booked into a hotel in Paignton for the weekend of the Welling game on the 21st October and am confident thay i will get a ticket for the Pop Side but on the 24th i am booked into a hotel in Weston Super Mare for our away game there, just wondering how easy it will be to get a ticket for the away end at this game or if i will need to get away with a home end ticket (with my Scottish accent i feel this wont be a problem :lol: )

Also any reccomendations of where to go pre match on the date of the home game will be appreciated, i will be coming down on my own so would like to get the full matchday experience and get to know some of the yellow army!

Thanks all

Stuart
After the dross served up on Saturday, see you on another 18 years. We will be playing at Easterfield Lane by then in the local league.

Hope you enjoyed your trip.
Clyde Collins
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Clyde Collins »

ScottishGull wrote: 23 Jul 2023, 23:01 Hello everyone,

Thanks all

Stuart
Nice to hear about your plans to re-enter Torquay United matches after a long time. This is a great experience and an opportunity to connect with the community and fellow fans. The fact that you were able to attend your last game in 2008 at Wembley shows your love and passion for football.

As for buying tickets for away and home matches, I hope it will be easy for you to find channels to buy tickets, regardless of whether you have a Scottish accent or not. Usually, clubs have online stores or stadium ticketing points where you can buy tickets in advance or on the spot. If you have any doubts, you can contact the club or the official website for more information on purchasing tickets.

Have a great experience and enjoy the moments at the matches. You will certainly have the opportunity to meet and connect with other fan teammates in the community.

All the best and have fun!

Best regards,
APKtome's main goal is to help users experience the freedom and fun of customizing apps and games as they want Mod apk by apktome .