Squad 2024/25

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Wubble U
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Sills
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Wubble U »

gateman49 wrote: 24 May 2024, 18:15 I was told today that Ryan Law is on the way.
According to Truro's retained list, they had an option on Law's contract, which they have exercised.

So I'd be surprised if he's on his way here, as it would therefore incur a fee, and I doubt we're in the position to be spending like that.

Hamon is out of contract and they've offered him a new deal, same goes for... Matt Buse

I guess those 2 are much more likely
MoxGull2502
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MoxGull2502 »

CornishGull wrote: 24 May 2024, 22:49 I am under the impression we have only one player still under contract and I can't believe Booth paid £2500 to buy out his contract for just three months of football.
As for McGavin, a three year contract is very unusual at this level and I wonder if internet sources are inaccurate about this. Also Wotton has publicly stated "if you can't run you can't play my type of football".
Only one idiot to blame for giving him a 3 year contract 🤔
Year 1 could not cut it at the level and got relegated.
Year 2 probably his level ? strolled about as he does, scored some worldies and even made 2 tackles at Taunton Away !
Could have sold him in January apparently ?
He can’t run …. So year 3 ?
3 year contract at this level he must have a bloody good agent !
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

As with most players pointless trying to keep someone who wants to go somewhere else. If we want Law he will come simple as that really.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Mcgavin has gone. Announced by himself on Twitter.
The gulls are going up
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

No surprise on McGavin the information listing McGavin as being on a 3 year contract was incorrect, at the end of last season booth, and I believe both Moxey and Hall pretty much confirmed that Booth was the only player contracted for next season, this was also confirmed at the Paul Wotton, Neil Warnock press conference where they stated there was only 1 player under contract for this season coming.
Formerly known as forevertufc
MoxGull2502
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MoxGull2502 »

gullno4 wrote: 26 May 2024, 11:21 Mcgavin has gone. Announced by himself on Twitter.
Perhaps Johnson will give him a 3 year deal 🤔
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

MoxGull2502 wrote: 26 May 2024, 12:57 Perhaps Johnson will give him a 3 year deal 🤔
OK, let's try a more direct approach, Brett McGavin never was on a 3 year contract at TUFC, read his tweet for start, and for seconds, if he was on a 3 year contract, what transfer agreement has been reached with the buying club as McGavin has confirmed he's left TUFC on X
MoxGull2502
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MoxGull2502 »

Dave wrote: 26 May 2024, 13:11 OK, let's try a more direct approach, Brett McGavin never was on a 3 year contract at TUFC, read his tweet for start, and for seconds, if he was on a 3 year contract, what transfer agreement has been reached with the buying club as McGavin has confirmed he's left TUFC on X
In Administration so even if he was on 3 years don’t think we can get anything ?
Anyway good riddance to him. Not a Warnock / Wotton type of player and a failure here in my opinion.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Welcome to x.com!

See new posts
Conversation
Brett McGavin
@McGavin8
My time at Torquay has come to an end, it’s time for a new chapter for me and my family. I can’t thank the staff, players and fans enough for making Torquay my home for 2 years. I wish the whole club good luck for whatever comes next and getting back to where you belong 💛

Here's a copy of his tweet
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

MoxGull2502 wrote: 26 May 2024, 13:20 In Administration so even if he was on 3 years don’t think we can get anything ?
Anyway good riddance to him. Not a Warnock / Wotton type of player and a failure here in my opinion.
Why not? If under contract he's an asset, if his wages were paid up to date, the club surely would not be in breach of contract.
MoxGull2502
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MoxGull2502 »

Dave wrote: 26 May 2024, 13:25 Why not? If under contract he's an asset, if his wages were paid up to date, the club surely would not be in breach of contract.
Apologies if wrong but thought I read on other site, no fees while any club is in administration. I might be wrong,
If he was on 2 year and many here and on other site have said 3 how much do you think he is worth ?
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

If Wotton was looking to keep some of last years squad then I wonder who they will be. With Lapslie out for a year, Jarvis, Mcgavin, and Stobbs gone I would say that they were some of our better players.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

MoxGull2502 wrote: 26 May 2024, 13:20 In Administration so even if he was on 3 years don’t think we can get anything ?
I see no reason to rubbish him now that he has gone, he has a lot of talent but perhaps not the supposed wotton work ethic, but I will remember his goals if nothing else, we might get the retained list early by virtue of the fact those who do not declare they are leaving.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Just tuned in to watch the Championship play off final from Wembley....who do I see Neil Warnock, maybe he will sign a few surplus players.
AdrianC
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Chris Myers
Watches from: Pop side

Post by AdrianC »

Re the players mentioned above:

• McGavin, I’ve said before has talent, is capable of spraying great passes and certainly has an eye for goal, but he’s a luxury player that would look good in a good side where others can do the running for him. Unfortunately last season we couldn’t carry such a luxury.

• Stobbs was good early on but faded. Is this a case of him being disgruntled in a poor side or actually it’s his personality and the reason why he’s not played regularly at a higher level club. If he’s prone to lazy spells, not what W and W will want!

• Jarvis good luck to him, he’s done well for us, but as we know his goal acting record prior to that wasn’t very good.

• Lapslie (apologies is he under contract?) if not, can we help with his rehabilitation but not offer wages as he won’t be playing.