Jon Gibbes - Club Secretary

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Jon Gibbes - Club Secretary

Post by gateman49 »

Hearty congratulations to you, Jon.

You are an admirable choice and I'm sure that you will step up to the plate!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

We've not always seen eye to eye but no doubting his integrity or love of the club. Nothing but positive vibes coming out of the club these days.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Not sure who Jon Gibbes is - could someone with superior knowledge to me please enlighten? Some of us are a bit thick out in North Cornwall :lol:
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper

Post by gateman49 »

Jon was in at the start of TUST and has an encyclopaedic knowledge of TU history. He's also a nice guy (and he is or was a Pop-sider).
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Aha! Many thanks Mr Gateman.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

im sure he can check his emails better than his predecessor
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I would like to add my congratulations to Jon, I know Jon enough to say hello and have the odd chat, don't know him as well as others, but always found him to be a truly decent man, and very professional, great appointment.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Jon co-authored the Official TUFC Centenary history in 1999. He is also the reason the book was published in 1999 after correcting the notion the club was founded in 1888, as you may see on some older club merchandise, by finding the original newspaper article published in 1899. The club weren't interested in correcting this, but I understand he contacted Rothmans with the evidence, had it corrected there and eventually by the club as well. Years later the club is using '1899' branding heavily and he is now inside the club himself, and a truly great asset I think he will be.

A lifelong fan, who has spreadsheets of every match Torquay United have ever played, every player to play for us and they are incredibly detailed, cross-checking and cross-referencing. Thousands of hours of love, passion and research to find and collate that level of detail. Being that detail oriented with that level of love for the club, it's hard to think of anyone better for the position really.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper

Post by gateman49 »

In my excitement I set up the header as Company Secretary but I've just bumped into Jon (at Sainsbury's of all places) and he has confirmed that his job will be Club Secretary which has its own job description. He is upbeat!
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Let me edit that for you...
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Can’t be a better option for this role than Jon Gibbes. Fanatical Torquay supporter, a man with great integrity and one whose professional career has all been about detail; it’s unlikely we will be suffering any deducted points for incorrectly registered players under Jon’s watch.
Skillsy
New Signing
New Signing
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Skillsy »

Tremendous appointment.
North Curry House
Skipper
Skipper

Post by North Curry House »

hector wrote: 01 Jun 2024, 14:39 Can’t be a better option for this role than Jon Gibbes. Fanatical Torquay supporter, a man with great integrity and one whose professional career has all been about detail; it’s unlikely we will be suffering any deducted points for incorrectly registered players under Jon’s watch.
I am not familiar with Jon Gibbs, what was his professional career?

Good that people are speaking favourably about him - a positive sign. I look forward to meeting him.
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

North Curry House wrote: 02 Jun 2024, 15:28 I am not familiar with Jon Gibbs, what was his professional career?

Good that people are speaking favourably about him - a positive sign. I look forward to meeting him.
He is a career long Accountant and a massive TUFC fan who I can say with absolute confidence knows more about the history of OUR football club than ANY other fan, no one else would even come close to be honest.
wbw
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by wbw »

CP Gull wrote: 02 Jun 2024, 20:45 He is a career long Accountant and a massive TUFC fan who I can say with absolute confidence knows more about the history of OUR football club than ANY other fan, no one else would even come close to be honest.
Tremendous financial background coupled with his dedicated knowledge of TUFC, makes him a wonderful appointment.