Squad 2024/25

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Yellow6 wrote: 03 Jun 2024, 17:19 Hardly big news re-signing a bit-part player.
I dunno, I thought he was a decent signing last season - before Johnson played him out of position and then he was injured (quite a lot). Wooton has managed him before, so you'd assume he has some say in us offering a new contract.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Owlgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Owlgull »

Yellow6 wrote: 03 Jun 2024, 17:19 Hardly big news re-signing a bit-part player.
I liked him and he was always full of running which is one of the attributes that Wotton wants. Be interesting to see how he performs under a different manager. But staying fit is obviously crucial.
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

Owlgull wrote: 03 Jun 2024, 17:30 I liked him and he was always full of running which is one of the attributes that Wotton wants. Be interesting to see how he performs under a different manager. But staying fit is obviously crucial.
Fair enough both of the last and I liked him too. Energy and willing. Wotton must see something there and will get the best out of him.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

kevgull wrote: 03 Jun 2024, 17:13 1st team or squad player? Needs to stay injury free for a bit to improve.
I view all signings as squad players while Wotton is restructuring the team set up. Wotton will know Craske style of play and what he can bring to the party. The lad is only 21 and hungry for success which he has already tasted while under Wottons' guidance when on loan to Truro. I intend to keep an open mind on our signings but good to see the first two signings are defenders to shore up our defence which was leaking goals for fun last season.
Skillsy
Trialist
Trialist
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Skillsy »

Craske will be a very good player for us. He had a bad hamstring injury last season but is now fully fit so could well be a major asset.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

He will have to improve on what he showed last year then .......
NotStickingItIn
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: Pop side

Post by NotStickingItIn »

Liking it... I said last season when I was Stickingitin that the likes of our elder players should be on the bench, they have that trusted knowledge and experience to back up the players who grind down the opposition without necessarily having that experience, after all how do you get experience if age always has its say?
We have two perfect stalwarts in Hall and Moxey and I sure do hope they are part of this team as it would be a great loss to the younger players who can benefit from them. This would take care of wisdom from both the midfield and the defense.
The striking options are somewhat missing in all teams that end up in a relegation battle which we've cried out for for the past few seasons no matter who the manager, this will be interesting as strikers who are stalwarts tend to end on a high note and thus there is no backup, the only backup being at least three strikers in the team rather than relying on two or one.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Doubt it - Halls gone
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

brucie wrote: 03 Jun 2024, 18:53 He will have to improve on what he showed last year then .......
I would have to agree with that.

I have to be honest and say a defence of Craske, Booth and Foulston terrifies me. If they are back-up, no problem but if they are first choice then we are mid table at best. That might be the new reality that we have to get used to and fair enough because we at least have a club but it may mean adjusting our expectations accordingly.
ALTE
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ALTE »

i have to be honest and say a defence of Craske, Booth and Foulston terrifies me. If they are back-up, no problem but if they are first choice then we are mid table at best. That might be the new reality that we have to get used to and fair enough because we at least have a club but it may mean adjusting our expectations accordingly.

Bit premature to say that dont you think. Who said these were the only defenders we are signing? We havent even got half a first team yet, let alone a squad and you are telling us we are midtable next season. Do you have a crystal ball that the rest of us are not privvy to?
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

hector wrote: 03 Jun 2024, 22:54 I would have to agree with that.

I have to be honest and say a defence of Craske, Booth and Foulston terrifies me. If they are back-up, no problem but if they are first choice then we are mid table at best. That might be the new reality that we have to get used to and fair enough because we at least have a club but it may mean adjusting our expectations accordingly.
The moaning begins!

Being managed/coached under Wotton i've got no concerns with Craske & Booth and Foulston is clearly an upgrade over Dan Martin
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

hector wrote: 03 Jun 2024, 22:54 I would have to agree with that.

It's the first 3 players in a squad of at least 18. Booth I think will be used as a defensive midfield rather than a full-on defender. Craske is fine, as long as he can stay fit (he was excellent in the pre season friendly vs Plymouth) and Foulston was a first choice player for the team that won the division last season.

Of course it could end up being the case that we have a mid table squad, and honestly, that's ok given where we were 3 months ago. But jeez, let's wait till we have, I dunno, enough players to fill out a team sheet before reaching for the panic button, eh?
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

ALTE wrote: 03 Jun 2024, 23:48 Bit premature to say that dont you think. Who said these were the only defenders we are signing? We havent even got half a first team yet, let alone a squad and you are telling us we are midtable next season. Do you have a crystal ball that the rest of us are not privvy to?
Maybe read my post properly. We may well be signing further defenders but I am saying that if those 3 form the basis of our defence, I’d find that worrying and I don’t think it’s a title winning defence. I suggested if they are back-up then that’s fine but if they are first-team then we may need to accept the new reality of a restricted budget and that’s fair enough. I’m happy we have a club to watch but it doesn’t mean Being bowled over by the quality of signings in the market we may now be in but that is our new reality If Ethan Archer re-signs, then that would be something worth being excited about.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

To me, the potential team success this coming season will revolve around a mobile and dynamic midfield, so the quality of midfield players who sign up will be paramount.
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

With respect to the guys we have signed so far, when rebuilding from scratch it is often the squad players who sign on first because it is cheaper and quicker to get a few bums on seats. Then you add in the few key playmakers who take a bit longer to find/convince. With Neil in the background I am confident there is a plan.