Squad 2024/25

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

numpte wrote: 07 Jun 2024, 08:33 YEs, would hope we get Moxey and Ash, Tomlinson less so but hes still a project. Am enjoying the social media, getting hooked on mid afternoon breaking news on players ive never heard is entertaining and the theme tune - club should add it to the pre or mid match play list. Jimmy Ricks - Oh What a feeling.
Good shout on the theme tune as a featured one at halftime. Robert Miles should stay though, just for old times' sake
Skillsy
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Skillsy »

Agreed Derek, and also Poppiholla after the game.
TommyGunn
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TommyGunn »

Back in 79 early 80's me and my young mates on the pop side stiffled our embarressed mirth as the side ran out to the march of the mods. :rofl: Seemed very old fashioned to us young lads at that time. Like we were ridiculing our own team.
Just for old times sake. :oops:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPkKgrmgFTw
Owlgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Owlgull »

Skillsy wrote: 07 Jun 2024, 10:48 Agreed Derek, and also Poppiholla after the game.
Never heard of Poppiholla so had to google it on YouTube. Great music and brilliant video!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Stoneybroke wrote: 06 Jun 2024, 08:01 Hi ..need some help please. Keep reading about these "video clips "but am unable to find them.

Can someone post a link please !! Cheers COYY

Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

There are a few tunes they’ve been playing before and after matches at Plainmoor for decades, I even like the one as your walking out afterwards, keep them all, they’re part of match day for me. Ditch the ridiculous snippet of a tune after a home goal though, it’s embarrassing, then the silence when they don’t play it after an opposition one.
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

As a kid always remember team running out too 'The Hustle' by Van somebody. Tune that whenever I hear it takes me back to 70s Plainmoor evening kick offs.
TommyGunn
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TommyGunn »

GULL 67 wrote: 07 Jun 2024, 17:31 As a kid always remember team running out too 'The Hustle' by Van somebody. Tune that whenever I hear it takes me back to 70s Plainmoor evening kick offs.
Do you mean this?
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

Absolutely adamant that we use to run out to La Bamba by Los Lobos.....around1984/1985.... please someone confirm it for me!!. Or it played in the pre match warm up??
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

It was A Banda by Herb Alpert and The Tijuana Brass.
TommyGunn
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TommyGunn »

Wolborough wrote: 07 Jun 2024, 18:50 It was A Banda by Herb Alpert and The Tijuana Brass.
This

Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

That tune has definitely been played at Plainmoor and plenty after 1984. Bring it back back as well, what a tune, brings back memories of my younger self watching Torquay.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Willowgull »

TUFC were seen filming in the Wickes DIY store yesterday. Does that give anyone a clue to whom our next singing may be?
North Curry House
Skipper
Skipper

Post by North Curry House »

Willowgull wrote: 08 Jun 2024, 09:48 TUFC were seen filming in the Wickes DIY store yesterday. Does that give anyone a clue to whom our next singing may be?
George the cleaner?
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Willowgull wrote: 08 Jun 2024, 09:48 TUFC were seen filming in the Wickes DIY store yesterday. Does that give anyone a clue to whom our next singing may be?
Thats annoying, i was in there yesterday and saw the drone flying around - didn't pay much attention!