Ex-Gull watch

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

desperado wrote: 08 Jun 2024, 07:31 Just read Dave Thomas's piece on Asa Hall in the Torbay Weekly.
What a magnificent player he has been for us for 6 years , and scored so many vital and superbly taken goals with head and feet.
Good luck in your future career Asa and thank you.
Yes, I agree. Asa has been a great player and a great captain for us. Oft-injured latterly unfortunately, but he was always willing to put a shift in. The goal in extra time against Notts County in the playoffs stands out as the magic moment.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by leetufc »

Asa signs for Tivvy
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

What a waste of talent that is. He still has something to offer at a much higher level than that.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by Midlandgull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 12 Jun 2024, 19:32 What a waste of talent that is. He still has something to offer at a much higher level than that.
There aren't that many teams local enough to him and his family realistically.

I don't think they want to move house etc for another 1 or 2 years somewhere when they might be settled in South West. Otherwise, he could definitely do NLS again I think.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

It’s a player/coach role so he’s probably thinking about his next possible career in football. Players often retire at 35-38 ish so you have to be looking beyond that.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Got to say that Hall was excellent playing in central defence at the end of last season. Should do a great job for them.
AdrianC
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by AdrianC »

With Jamie Richards having moved on, I think he’d be a good partner with a Josh Jones. They are recruiting and hoping for a better season than the last one. A good club to get some game time at and start his coaching career.
ShropGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ShropGull »

At the excellent Truro game in Gloucester, and being on their side of the ground, I was privileged to see a masterclass, showcasing the experienced Asa's quality defensive work combined with an innate understanding that had developed with young Arkell Jude-Boyd on the wing. A joy to watch.
Vick
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Vick »

Aaron Jarvis signs for Yeovil on a 2 year deal.
AdrianC
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by AdrianC »

The only club Jarvis has ever really had his goal scoring boots with him was with us, interesting to see how he goes...
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Better than anything we've got.
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

brucie wrote: 14 Jun 2024, 19:02 Better than anything we've got.
How can you know that Brucie? Two new strikers who you haven’t even seen and one who scored 14 in a struggling side last year.
Starting off from a negative as always. Why bother supporting…….but then you don’t attend anyway.
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

Yeovil's physiotherapist will be kept busy!!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

How do I know that? -well its **** obvious isnt it?

Ash is ok but he is an NLS standard footballer. His main strength is his ability to take a chance but his all round game is pretty poor in all fairness. Seymour did pretty well at Hampton but hes generally ploughed his way around the local scene. It appears no team above this level wants either player.

No I havnt seen the new lad played but hes completely untried and scored loads of goals in a pub league. Jarvis may not be great but he was wanted by Yeovil and Cheltenham who are both bigger clubs than us and has generally played at a higher level.

Pick any National League side and offer them a choice of Seymour,Crosbie, Ash and Jarvis - its blindingly obvious Jarvis would be the pick.
AdrianC
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by AdrianC »

I really dislike the disrespectful term “pub league”! A few years ago, some would have referred to the NLS as a pub league but unfortunately we find ourselves in it!

Ash under a different coaching team and with a happier more buoyant crowd may have a completely different season, instead of fluffing some decent chances, he starts to take the half chances as his confidence should be higher.

Let’s not forget that one of TUFC’s favourites in recent years, Tim Sills could never cut it in the football league but had a very good NL (Conference) record, which done would consider a pub league as it’s outside of the EFL.

There are some stars to be found lower down the pyramid, you never know, we may just have found one!

Last year was yes a horrid season, but the so called pub league player Ethon Archer certainly tried to put a shift in and stepped up the two divisions gap. Not a superstar but equally not out of place either.