Sour grapes?

General chat about anything else goes here.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Man City are owned by a billionaire, your chairman seems to be a captain of a sinking ship. What if you're not in the top 3 by christmas, what if you're in the bottom half?

And whatever you say about your players, they got you relegated, end of.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
simonb
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: paul buckle

Post by simonb »

no our managers got us relegated ... if were in the bottom half just expect the usual 6.5 k a week
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

simonb wrote:so man city are going to go bust because there in xxx amount of debt no there not and us on a much much smnaller scale are stable... mostly every club runs in the red... its how football is done these days.. its whether your borrowing to build or borrowing to buy... and i think we are borrowing to build with a new stadium hopefully being built soon as we have planning permission its exiting times to be a bristol rovers fan ... if were in the top 3 come christmas we will be gettin 10k plus crowds ... FACT
exiting times ?? as in exiting the football league ?? well, you said it. :lol:
Brady

I Wish I Was There
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

simonb - what is it five managers in six years? - please don't be delluded into some bizarre fantasy that you have landed a world class manager. Buckle and North are hardly a dream team. There is no sour grapes - alot of Torquay supporters are realists and with that recognise the limitation s that the manager has and believe me there are quite a few.
I am more than happy with the reputed 25k we have got in compensation for Buckle. That is more than generous and decent business on our part I can tell you.
You are of course one of the biggest clubs in league 2 so really have every right to go well.
However as Bradford found out - big crowds fdoes not always equal success. God help you if Buckle starts off on one of his famous losing runs. You will soon notice how difficult it is to stop losing, and also be prepared to get outthought by half the managers in league 2.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

simonb wrote:nope our chairmen has stated that our infastructure is more secure than ever... and there will be funds for the new manager.... our chairmen is a life long gashead supporter and wont stop bailing us just like if you had the money you wouldnt walk and let torquay go bust?

We will be there or there abouts next season as we still have good players at the club...

Get ready to be hearing "wheres your buckle gone!" when were beating you next season"

Tada goodluck..

Hello Tomlin and Branston... No o'kane thank you hes rubbish
Well that just about sums it up. You know nothing about football. Oh, and by the way Tomlin is not ours. He's on loan so if you want him you need to go to D&R.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Kinky John Fowler
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Kinky John Fowler »

simonb wrote:so man city are going to go bust because there in xxx amount of debt no there not and us on a much much smnaller scale are stable... mostly every club runs in the red... its how football is done these days.. its whether your borrowing to build or borrowing to buy... and i think we are borrowing to build with a new stadium hopefully being built soon as we have planning permission its exiting times to be a bristol rovers fan ... if were in the top 3 come christmas we will be gettin 10k plus crowds ... FACT
You havent been getting regular 10k plus crowds for over 30 years....FACT!

As for the Manchester City example, they are owned by one of the worlds richest men and your funded by a cowboy builder plus (and I could be wrong) I reckon Man City have sold more than 1600 season tickets.
simonb
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: paul buckle

Post by simonb »

we were all waiting to hear the news of our manager before buying :) ...

and says the one who took 5k to old trafford in the biggest games in your history ..

cant wait to sell out your away end and give you some proper noise im sure your not aware of.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

simonb wrote:we were all waiting to hear the news of our manager before buying :) ...

and says the one who took 5k to old trafford in the biggest games in your history ..

cant wait to sell out your away end and give you some proper noise im sure your not aware of.
Are you sure you are not thinking of Bristol RUGBY club? They get decent crowds, I hear. Now if you having nothing constructive to say then just go away and annoy your own supporters.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Kinky John Fowler
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Kinky John Fowler »

simonb wrote:we were all waiting to hear the news of our manager before buying :) ...

Are you referring to me??

As for taking the p*ss out of Torquay fans taking 5K all the way to OT how many HOME supporters did you have for the biggest game in your recent history, the relegation battle against Sheff Weds?.......5k........and that was a HOME match. How loyal you are! :rofl: :rofl:

KJF, Bristol South
Last edited by Kinky John Fowler on 31 May 2011, 11:13, edited 1 time in total.
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

Is somebody going to lock this thread, can't believe we're giving simonb the time of day.
tauntongull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by tauntongull »

Having read this thread, I just can't see the point of wasting your time posting here. If you are here to in some way provoke some kind of verbal dogfight, your'e in the wrong place. I for one would be grateful if you could actually make your point and then, pardon the expression 'jog on'.

You seem to think that taking a manager from another club is some kind of moral victory in some long fought crusade. Personally, I and many of the true fans on here are really - and get this - not bothered. Hence the respectful tone to the replies to your posts. We could play verbal tennis with you all day batting facts and insults back across the net but frankly I would rather read more constructive posts with respectful tones - I am surprised that's all you have to do with your time. You would do well to read some of the posts of your fellow fans and the tone in which they take. I for one am not going to be provoked or goaded.

We have already moved on and the club is far bigger than any manager. Let's just hope all the confidence in your coming season and appointment are well placed, your posts here remain and no doubt you will be reminded about them in the future.

Good luck next season, I know we are all looking forward to the game - let's hope your fans remember that's what it is.
May not be the original, but I am the best 'TauntonGull' .... See I can do signatures too, coz I am a real boy!
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Big crowds doesn't make you good.

Absolute retard.
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

Boom Boom wrote:Big crowds doesn't make you good.
Anyone told AC Northampton?
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

enter the new big team Brizil
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

JamieE wrote: Anyone told AC Northampton?
Can't wait to see a stray rovers fan find his way onto the hotel end. :lol:
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14