Man of the Match - Burton

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Mansell
Olejnik
Howe
O Kane
Robertson
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
luketufc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by luketufc »

Olejnik
Howe
Manse
Okane
Macklin
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

O'Kane
Olejnik
Oastler
O'Kane Howe
Robertson

Edit: I've only just realised what highweekgull meant :ping:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
highweekgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by highweekgull »

Southampton Gull wrote:O'Kane
Olejnik
Oastler
O'Kane
Robertson
You really wanna go for Eunan don't you Dave?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

All that was good about us today went through Eunan, I just rate him so highly. When he leaves, I just hope we get what he's really worth, most potential I've seen wear our shirt for a long long time. I better delete these posts later just so we dont annoy Gulliball ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Father Jack
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Johhny Rudge

Post by Father Jack »

1-Robertson
2-Bobby O
3-Howe
4-O'Kane
5-Mansell

Thought they were the standout players with not much to choose between them
Arse! Drink!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Southampton Gull wrote:All that was good about us today went through Eunan, I just rate him so highly. When he leaves, I just hope we get what he's really worth, most potential I've seen wear our shirt for a long long time. I better delete these posts later just so we dont annoy Gulliball ;-)
Got to agree with you there (Dave is it?) rather than call you Southampton. I first saw O Kane at Hereford when he first signed and thought he was pants. He was skinny, shrugged off the ball too easy and had nothing to offer. Time has passed and he is quite obviously Bucks best acquisition which is why i don't get why he didn't go to Rovers. The quality the boy has is immense and he could eventually progress to championship level at least. I echo your concerns about the fee we will get for him when he moves on given our track record of gift wrapping players and sending them on their way to their new club for peanuts. With Eunan we can't f**k about and should demand what he is worth.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

andygullagain wrote: Got to agree with you there (Dave is it?) rather than call you Southampton. I first saw O Kane at Hereford when he first signed and thought he was pants. He was skinny, shrugged off the ball too easy and had nothing to offer. Time has passed and he is quite obviously Bucks best acquisition which is why i don't get why he didn't go to Rovers. The quality the boy has is immense and he could eventually progress to championship level at least. I echo your concerns about the fee we will get for him when he moves on given our track record of gift wrapping players and sending them on their way to their new club for peanuts. With Eunan we can't f**k about and should demand what he is worth.

He didn't go to Rovers, simply because Rovers couldn't afford him. I have no doubt that Buckle wanted him, just couldn't afford him. They couldn't afford Eunan because he has a 2 year contract with us.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Father Jack
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Father Jack »

Gulliball wrote:Thought I'd do this again this season. The idea is to collect fans' opinions on who performs in each match, so that over the season there's a record with each game counting the same, rather than the traditional player of the award that goes to someone who ends the season strongly.
I take it you have to be at the match, otherwise you are just going off other peoples opinions?

Oh, and what happens if, for instance, I thought (for the sake of argument) that Saah and Stevens were the only players worth awarding points to (not today obviously!) but couldnt decide which was more deserving and thought they both deserved number one?

(do forgive so many questions! =D )
Arse! Drink!
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Yes, you have to have been to the game.

You can put players in joint positions, just don't choose more than five in total. I'll just split the total points for the two positions in half to each player.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Father Jack
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Father Jack »

Gulliball wrote:Yes, you have to have been to the game.

You can put players in joint positions, just don't choose more than five in total. I'll just split the total points for the two positions in half to each player.
Only asked cos theres at least one poster on this thread that said he wasnt at the match (on the match thread itself) :red:

Think ive got the gist of the points. Only 2 players picked as joint 1st would be 4 and a half each? Bet you hate it if someone says 3 players all in last place :lol:
Arse! Drink!
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

For an away game miles up North on a Tuesday, I'd just go into decimal figures if it's important to the end result. With a home game and this many replies then it 999/1000 it won't make any difference to the results anyway. From my experiences last season, when there's a good level of replies there's usually a pretty strong consensus.

I probably should have mentioned this in the opening post, but the idea is for match-going fans to vote. If you weren't at the game then there's not really anything for you to base an answer on.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

O'Kane
Olejnik

....and then I struggle, thought the rest were average at best
WHG
Out on Loan