deja vu

General chat about anything else goes here.
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

Southampton Gull wrote:I'd have thought he would be scoring more though, what with you totally outplaying everyone :)
Well you cant blame Matt Harrold, his goal tally so far for the Gas is better than a goal every 2 games which is what all good goalscorers should do, He is doing his job, and with all due respects IMO is a very good player for this level.

If it wasn't for the fact that Chris Zebroski has about as much guile as a moldy piece of dogsh*t, the first touch of an armless rapist, and a guy who probably has as much trouble finishing his **** dinner than f*cking scoring, we may well have scored a lot more.

Thats what is amusing, your views on Harrold saying he is absolute litter, but on the other hand saying Chris Zebroski is worth over 100k :~D

But that is the glory of opinions I suppose.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Now now, I didn't say either one of those things, 5 goals from 8 "one-sided" games isn't much of a return though.................
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by BritishGAS »

Southampton Gull wrote:Now now, I didn't say either one of those things, 5 goals from 8 "one-sided" games isn't much of a return though.................
I didn't say it was 8 one sided games either :~D

I mentioned 2, and the Wycombe game was an equal affair!!!!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

If you've totally outplayed them in all these games then surely that's "one-sided", no? ;-)

Edit: Wycombe wasn't equal, they dicked you :)
Dave

BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by BritishGAS »

Southampton Gull wrote:If you've totally outplayed them in all these games then surely that's "one-sided", no? ;-)

Edit: Wycombe wasn't equal, they dicked you :)
Again I didn't say we outplayed the opposition in 8 games :)

I mentioned 2, Leyton Orient in the cup, and Hereford. The Wycombe game was equal in terms of chances created but they finished theirs off and we wasted ours, that is what I meant by equal.

Granted the scoreline suggested they dicked us :~D
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

I just saw Buckle's interview after the Crawley game. :lol:

Makes me glad he's not here spouting all that nonsense. I honestly thought it could have been lifted from a gullsplayer interview! Blah,blah blah. :'(
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

BritishGAS wrote: Again I didn't say we outplayed the opposition in 8 games :)

I mentioned 2, Leyton Orient in the cup, and Hereford. The Wycombe game was equal in terms of chances created but they finished theirs off and we wasted ours, that is what I meant by equal.

Granted the scoreline suggested they dicked us :~D

Just teasing :)

On a serious note, what some of your fellow fans are saying regarding Buckle is exactly what most of us Gulls have been saying for the last 4 seasons. None of that now, Martin Ling might not be a candidate for England manager but he has an air of honesty, when we play crap he says we've played crap, I like that, so refreshing after endless drivel from Mr Buckle.
Dave

BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by BritishGAS »

Southampton Gull wrote:
Just teasing :)

On a serious note, what some of your fellow fans are saying regarding Buckle is exactly what most of us Gulls have been saying for the last 4 seasons. None of that now, Martin Ling might not be a candidate for England manager but he has an air of honesty, when we play crap he says we've played crap, I like that, so refreshing after endless drivel from Mr Buckle.
That is fair enough, I agree with that.

But to be fair to Buckle, apart from the Crawley game I wouldn't say we have played crap, Maybe against you we were not at the races but that is the only other game where you could say that. The football may not always be as pretty as we would of liked but apart from the 2 games we have lost in the league, we have been the better side in the majority of games.

After the Crawly game he did come out and say that we literally were a complete shambles.

The Jury is still very much out on Buckle but like I have said it is early doors and there is still plenty of time left to go. If we go on a run of winning games then I dont really care what he has to say, If on the other hand we continue to not win enough games then I am sure our fans will have reason to be concerned.
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

My dad went over to the training ground when Buckle got them in for training on Sunday after the Crawley game, he was chatting to Harrold (cos he's met him before) saying how pathetic the performances have been (not directed at Harrold obviouslsly) and Buckle overheard him and asked "oh, so you weren't impressed then?". My dad started telling him some home truths about how rubbish we have been, and was asked to leave by Keith Brookman. Buckle didnt even reply just walked away
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

BritishGAS wrote:
But to be fair to Buckle, apart from the Crawley game I wouldn't say we have played crap, Maybe against you we were not at the races but that is the only other game where you could say that. The football may not always be as pretty as we would of liked but apart from the 2 games we have lost in the league, we have been the better side in the majority of games.

After the Crawly game he did come out and say that we literally were a complete shambles.

The Jury is still very much out on Buckle but like I have said it is early doors and there is still plenty of time left to go. If we go on a run of winning games then I dont really care what he has to say, If on the other hand we continue to not win enough games then I am sure our fans will have reason to be concerned.
Is it not deeply distressing for you that your expensively assembled squad has played badly in only one match, yet has managed to win just twice in nine? Does this not suggest to you that, perhaps, you might have blown a massive wedge on players who are vastly overpriced and under skilled?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Gashead1979 wrote:My dad went over to the training ground when Buckle got them in for training on Sunday after the Crawley game, he was chatting to Harrold (cos he's met him before) saying how pathetic the performances have been (not directed at Harrold obviouslsly) and Buckle overheard him and asked "oh, so you weren't impressed then?". My dad started telling him some home truths about how rubbish we have been, and was asked to leave by Keith Brookman. Buckle didnt even reply just walked away

CAN'T TAKE IT EH?

Dosn't supriise me at all, but you'd think though that he'd take time with a genuine supporter with genuine concerns, he's obviously going to tell others so you'd think he'd take time to try and explain his decissions and proposed actions. That way if he wins him over at least the supporter will walk way with the attitude "you know what he's all right." I know he's under pressure but theres no excuse for spending a miniscule of time with those that pay his salary.
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

ferrarilover wrote: Is it not deeply distressing for you that your expensively assembled squad has played badly in only one match, yet has managed to win just twice in nine? Does this not suggest to you that, perhaps, you might have blown a massive wedge on players who are vastly overpriced and under skilled?

Matt.
Well to be fair we haven't really spent much money in the close season, in fact our record transfer fee is almost 20 years old. Most of the contracts are now partly performance related so at least that is saving us money currently.

The high earners and poor performers have almost been shipped out from last season, and replaced by less expensive players giving exactly the same results.

We wont do anything this season thats for sure, and currently i'd let Torquay have back all the players Buckled "nicked".
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

Dave_Pougher wrote:
CAN'T TAKE IT EH?

Dosn't supriise me at all, but you'd think though that he'd take time with a genuine supporter with genuine concerns, he's obviously going to tell others so you'd think he'd take time to try and explain his decissions and proposed actions. That way if he wins him over at least the supporter will walk way with the attitude "you know what he's all right." I know he's under pressure but theres no excuse for spending a miniscule of time with those that pay his salary.

Absolutely, my dad did tell him he's been supporting them for 50 odd years and its as bad now as its ever been, on the pitch anyway.

He obviously got them training on a Sunday after the Crawley shambles so to wonder why a fan wasn't happy is a bit of a cheek.

If Buckle comes on the radio once more after a defeat acting like we've won 10-0 (as he did after the Wycombe game), i'll hit the roof
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

This is not news to most of us. Buckle has always had a superior attitude to people and I'm glad to see he is still making the same mistakes as he has done for years. I had the pleasure of telling him face to face what I thought of him and he reacted the same way, walked off and tried to get me ejected from the Woking clubhouse, as I was a guest of someone close to the hierachy at Woking his plea fell on deaf ears and I had a great time with Chris Todd, Wayne Carlisle and Michael Poke. Buckle is an arrogant pillock and will always be an arrogant pillock. His tenure at Rovers is going exactly the way most of us predicted and I hope he gets the boot before the season is over, in saying that, I have nothing against Rovers whatsoever.
Dave

Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Gashead1979 wrote:
If Buckle comes on the radio once more after a defeat acting like we've won 10-0 (as he did after the Wycombe game), i'll hit the roof
It only took one month! :lol: