FA Cup: Sheffield United vs Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Wayne Rooney,according to some stat i read today, has not scored in his last 46 attempts. Suarez from over 50. Macheda missed an absolute sitter today for Manchester United. If Danny Stevens scored every time he has a sight of goal, he would not be playing for Torquay United!
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

austrianandygull wrote:I can't have people thinking i have a go at DannyBoy for no reason can i?
Too late. ;-)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Cheers for the reply Gullscorer. I wasn't having a 'go' in the traditional sense of the word and i am aware that mistakes are made just that Danny is consistent in his ability to make mistakes. Bobby for example made a 'looking for the ground to swallowhim up ' mistake at Bramall Lane but they are rare from him. Outfield players make more mistakes as they have far more touches of the ball therefore probability dictates that this would be the case; however, our Danny doesn't learn from them it would appear as he still has the same problems with his game that he did 4 years ago IMHO. The fact that he has not modified his game at all says that either A) He is too arrogant / thick to be aware that various aspects of his game need looking at in order for him to progress as a player or B) Buckle and Ling have both been hoodwinked into believing that because he is small and nippy he must be a handful. Buckle never started him much as a football league player and wasn't the first player on his hitlist when taking over Rovers and Ling gave him a contract extension as we were short on numbers at the beginning of the season and naturally he wanted to see for himself what he could do. Danny is in the squad as we have nobody else even average to replace him. Its good to have a debate about players Gullscorer, we are all different and all see things differently. Some people think Wayne Rooney is 'world class' whereas i would wet myself with laughter if somebody asked me if i thought the same. Some people think Jimmy Carr is amusing and some think that modern day chart music is actually music, not me i'm afraid ( give me We Were Promised Jetpacks, Mogwai, Explosions In The Sky ILIKETRAINS, Korn, Alice In Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Sigur Ros, Pearl Jam and Raging Speedhorn anyday!!!)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I'm with you Andy, as regards Wayne Rooney. And I always enjoy the debates in which you participate. But I have to say that I'm as pleased with the progress Danny has made this season (and I'm not the only one who thinks he has progessed extremely well) under Martin Ling as I am with the progress of the rest of the squad. Let's cheer them all on..
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Yep fair enough Gullscorer can't really argue with that. I do cheer Danny on to be fair at games i'm not one of those who will shout constant abuse or boo just because i don't rate them.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.