gillingham managers job

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
northyorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benyon

gillingham managers job

Post by northyorkshiregull »

I have heard a rumour that they could be interested in Ling,don't know if there is much.truth in it but could be interesting.Im sure that I have read that his family are still in east London so a move there may suite him
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

I heard that Manchester united were interested in Chris McPhee, not sure if its just a rumour or not but training with football superstars and a contract with higher wages would suit him.

I don't think Lingy is going anywhere mate.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Naaah, not for me, just no reason for it.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Ling isn't even in the odds for this job. Surprisingly, Buckle is!!
northyorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benyon

Post by northyorkshiregull »

Yes you are right bengull totally silly idea that a league 2 team would look at a manager who has just had a very good season in the same league.Also can't remember Ling being in the odds for the Torquay job
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yep, heard the same rumour, it is not as silly or far fetched as some may think, Martin Ling lodges with family in Exeter and during the course of the season saw very little of his family, often jumping in a car after an away game to spend time with them, thats got to be hard to take for any man.

Not sure were his family home is, my best guess however is Gillingham would be a lot closer than Torquay, Martin Ling was at no time in the betting for the Torquay job, would Gillingham be interested, don't know to be honest, suprised if they are not, look at the job he has done for us in a short space of time, with no money.

Do I think Martin Ling will end up Gillingham manager, simple answer, no, when I have heard him speak, he has come across as someone very committed to the job he has taken on here at Torquay, and he comes across as someone that will try and see it through, so far he only appears to be making plans for next season at Torquay.

However as we all know, never say the word "never" in football, time will tell.
Formerly known as forevertufc
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Yeah, when presented like that, it's plausible, but knowing the facts as we do, it becomes relatively unlikely as Benny boy makes out.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

Yes it is plausible, but at the moment it is a completely unfounded rumour.

I see no reason why Ling would up sticks and start from scratch again, making all his endeavours to build his squad for next season's campaign a complete waste of time. Getting Craig and Jarvis signed up, as well as holding talks with every single squad player shows that Ling sees this as a work in progress, and one he is keen on finishing.

He knew the raw end of the deal he would have to face with regards to seeing his family, but I don't think the pressures showed on him at any point last season. He has made it work.

I think Martin is very keen to repay the faith showed in him by our board, let's face it, he was extremely un-fancied when he got the job after an indifferent spell at Cambridge. The difference between the two situations being he was unemployed last season and desperate for another chance. Now, he is a very popular manager in a very comfortable job, there is no reason for him to rock the status quo.

Sorry to be so dismissive in my first post, but I just can't see it.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

You have no need to be sorry about anything Bengull, I totaly agree with you.
Formerly known as forevertufc