Goals you'll always remember.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Louis wrote:Can't remember what game this was bit it was when we were in League one and Kevin Hill snuck up behind their keeper when he had the ball and stole it then put it in the back of their net. Awesome goal but think we went on to lose that game in the end.
You mean this one?

[youtube]xAQyhEFFOag[/youtube]

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

all of this video,

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shivers when Sills nods in
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

I always remember going to Carlisle away in May 1993(i think), Duane darby scored the decisive goal and we hung on with a kitchen sink even being saved to secure our league status, the celebrations at the end where just brilliant, even the club doctor did handstands. I even remember being baracaded in a phone box by those cumbrian ???kers, but a great day regardless
Lucy
simona
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by simona »

I always remember a Paul Gibbs goal in the nearly season of 97-98. A very late equaliser in a 1-1 home draw with Leyton Orient? Evening game. Hit from 25 or 30 or 35 yards - it gets longer as time passes. Still rising when it hit the back of the net. Probably would still be rising now if it hadn't.

Of course, it could have been a shinned 6 yarder; memory is a strange thing, but I don't think so. I've never seen any TV pics so only have my "real time" memory to go on. Would love to know if anyone else remembers it? Corroboration would help my sanity.
okeygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by okeygull »

simona wrote:I always remember a Paul Gibbs goal in the nearly season of 97-98. A very late equaliser in a 1-1 home draw with Leyton Orient? Evening game. Hit from 25 or 30 or 35 yards - it gets longer as time passes. Still rising when it hit the back of the net. Probably would still be rising now if it hadn't.

Of course, it could have been a shinned 6 yarder; memory is a strange thing, but I don't think so. I've never seen any TV pics so only have my "real time" memory to go on. Would love to know if anyone else remembers it? Corroboration would help my sanity.

We sponsored the game that night so I was in the family stand and therefore right behind it. Gibbo smashed it and it went like a rocket. Was at least 30 yards .
:clap:
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

A goal Ill always remember for the wrong reason, I was mascot in the early 90's, 1994 I think as I think it was my 11th birthday, and we won 1-0. Mark Sale scored in the first minute, v Chesterfield if I remember rightly, and I missed it as mum made me get changed as was dirty after kickabout with players before hand
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:all of this video,

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shivers when Sills nods in
Can never get bored of it!!! Beautiful.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
nicktufc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Euuuuuuuunan

Post by nicktufc »

Martin Gritton away at Hull in our promotion season.

That was the goal, and the game that convinced me and many others that we were going to do something special that season.