Torquay United v Yeovil Town - JPT Rnd 2 - 9/10/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Message to neanderthal brick thrower - THE GAME IS MEANINGLESS! IT'S THE JPT! IF YOU GET ANGRY ABOUT THAT THEN YOU'VE GOT MORE ISSUES THAN I HAVE! That's nigh on an impossibility!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

More than likely common-or-garden street scum, killing time before returning to their loveless, pointless families.

Bring back the birch, I say.
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Not that it matters but were the Yeovil fans actually on the coach at the time or could it have been done by someone not even at the game but just hanging around outside Plainmoor whilst the match was on?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rach »

austrianandygull wrote:Not that it matters but were the Yeovil fans actually on the coach at the time or could it have been done by someone not even at the game but just hanging around outside Plainmoor whilst the match was on?

wouldn't surprise me, probably a local group of chavs.
Sexy_Gulls
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Sexy_Gulls »

I understand why people aren't that bothered but we were a few minutes away from a very winnable home tie against Wycombe. Beat them and we're in the semi's and suddenly its a great occasion.

I listened on the Yeovil comms and even they admitted they didn't deserve the equaliser. All the second strings did well which is very reassuring, especially Jarvis scoring two. He may not have the all round game that Howe does but he is a solid finisher.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Too true, Sexy. His first was unmissable, but you have to be there in the first place to tap them home, and the second was a really lovely finish across their keeper (who, rather annoyingly and similar to Accrington, the travelling support are hailing as a hero). Shame he missed the one-on-one in the first half, but it was a heavy second touch, rather than a bad finish which let him down there.

As to the disappointing element of the night, I really cannot believe that the Yeovil coach was attacked by Torquay fans or anyone present at the game. We have been many years with no problem and I am not minded to accept that this utterly meaningless friendly against the least revered of our immediate neighbours (with the greatest respect, does anyone from our end actually give a damn about Yeovil, at all?) has brought forth a reaction which was kept in check for so many, much more controversial, heated and unjust matches.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Exactly what i was trying to say Matt but you've used more words. ;-)
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

Thought we played some nice stuff at times, our first goal was sublime. Danny Stevens was very good, as was Easton and the two centre halves. Shame Cruise missed his pen, thought he looked comfortable. Jarvis put himself about, good finish for the second but he was shattered after an hour.

We deserved to win. Yeovil were poor with lots of hoof ball but a bit of pace in stoppage time from their winger got their equaliser. Looking forward to Rovers after our last two performances.
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Not even a running update on the b7st7rd BBC Ceefax, so no excitement for the interweb-less exiles, just the final result..
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Whoever threw a brick at Yeovil's coach is an absolute disgrace! Gives the Torquay fans a terrible name and a mockery when we're classed as the best behaved fans in football! I'm sorry to the Yeovil fans that had to witness that, its just one or a couple moronic idiots that shouldn't be classed as fans, if they do such an act!

Anyway a quick post about the game, thought we played quite well. Yeovil were nothing special, but looked much more pacey defending and coming forward. Craig was on fire for us, Danny, Mansell, Saah, Downes, Easton, Jarvis looked good. Leadbitter had a mare in the first 15 minutes, but defended well after that. With Bodin and Cruise, having a poor game.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I don't suppose anyone has rung either club to see what actually happened and if it was true. We could do with some factual reporting on here at the moment. I am appalled that this could have happened. if so we need to out these idiots or idiot. I would also hate to hear that this may have been some elaborate wind up. if so those people want their head examined if it was.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

I have been on their forum and it seems that this did happen. it seems that there are also reports that the same happened to a Rovers coach either last season or earlier I don't know. Please can any confirm these reports. I hate to think that we are garnering a bad name for our club.
I was also oved to log on their green room forum and tell them that we do not condone any of this activity. I was so angry that this moron should bring our club into such disrepute.
I will be contacting the club in the morning to talk to the club about this. it's does us no favours at all. I have also sent a personal email to one of their supporters apologising for the actions of this idiot and asking if they can help identify him. assuring him that we are both baffled an very angry that our club name has been brought into disrepute.
I have assured him that all of us on this forum abhor this behavior. I cannot think for one moment of anyone on this forum who would take part or condone this action. Any whistle blowers out there please if you know this moron. let me know and I will get him identified anon without letting anyone know who let the information out. Ggggrrrrrrrrrr :@ :@

Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

Hi Guys
I have today talked with a club director who has said that this incident did take place as the coach left down Warboro Road. The individual in question seems to have come out of a side street and thrown an object at the coach shattering the outside window. Luckily the inside one remained intact so no one was hurt.
Unfortunatly this area was roughly 50 yards down the road and CCTV wasn't present to cover the road. so no picture are available to identify this idiot. The Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward to help identify him. but there are only a few sketchy statements at present. They desperatly need for someone who may be able to give a fuller ID on this guy.
I have posted on the Yeovil green room saying much the same in the hope that our image which has now been so badly tarnished can in some way start to be repaired.
I have also talked about the stewarding problems. It has been raised and things are happening. due to confidentiality I cannot reveal any information given to me but the club are aware and not sitting doing nothing. Please be patient with them.
Maybe this matter will now be put to rest accepting of course that the nutcase involved gets caught.
Now I can get back to matters in hand and calm down my blood pressure.

Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rach »

Glostergull wrote:Hi Guys
I have today talked with a club director who has said that this incident did take place as the coach left down Warboro Road. The individual in question seems to have come out of a side street and thrown an object at the coach shattering the outside window. Luckily the inside one remained intact so no one was hurt.
Unfortunatly this area was roughly 50 yards down the road and CCTV wasn't present to cover the road. so no picture are available to identify this idiot. The Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward to help identify him. but there are only a few sketchy statements at present. They desperatly need for someone who may be able to give a fuller ID on this guy.
I have posted on the Yeovil green room saying much the same in the hope that our image which has now been so badly tarnished can in some way start to be repaired.
I have also talked about the stewarding problems. It has been raised and things are happening. due to confidentiality I cannot reveal any information given to me but the club are aware and not sitting doing nothing. Please be patient with them.
Maybe this matter will now be put to rest accepting of course that the nutcase involved gets caught.
Now I can get back to matters in hand and calm down my blood pressure.

good idea :lol: