Torquay United v Harrogate Town - FA Cup Rnd 1 - 3/11/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rach »

Plymgull wrote:The only cup competition i actually care about and we can't even beat Harrogate. Shocking and disappointed.

same here
Rach
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Rach »

So I woke up with a stinking cold and headache and made it worse by sitting through 90 minutes of that absolute c**p. Stupid idea.

I normally stick up for Bodin, but today was shocking, his finishing just seems to have vanished and I think we seriously need to bring in someone whether it be loan or buying.What the hell is going to happen when Rene's baby is born?? (due xmas day) it's highly likely he is going to have time off and what we will we do without him I have no idea. I honestly can't remember watching such a bad game apart from when we lost 5-2 to Gillingham last season at home and even that wasn't anywhere near as bad.

There was a lot of booing at Plainmoor as well today and I normally hate this and find it disrespectful, but at full time I wanted to boo as well, absolutely shocking. Harrogate throughly deserved to go through and I was pleased that some of our fans clapped them off the pitch (I did too). They really put a shift in and I hope they have a decent run now.

I am also upset that most of our players darted down the tunnel and didn't think to applaud us for the absolute monstrosity we were subjected to.
Completely rubbish today, I can hardly get to home games now and when I do I do not want to watch Torquay play like that. :@

Rant over.
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

rachii12 wrote:So I woke up with a stinking cold and headache and made it worse by sitting through 90 minutes of that absolute c**p. Stupid idea.

I normally stick up for Bodin, but today was shocking, his finishing just seems to have vanished and I think we seriously need to bring in someone whether it be loan or buying.What the hell is going to happen when Rene's baby is born?? (due xmas day) it's highly likely he is going to have time off and what we will we do without him I have no idea. I honestly can't remember watching such a bad game apart from when we lost 5-2 to Gillingham last season at home and even that wasn't anywhere near as bad.

There was a lot of booing at Plainmoor as well today and I normally hate this and find it disrespectful, but at full time I wanted to boo as well, absolutely shocking. Harrogate throughly deserved to go through and I was pleased that some of our fans clapped them off the pitch (I did too). They really put a shift in and I hope they have a decent run now.

I am also upset that most of our players darted down the tunnel and didn't think to applaud us for the absolute monstrosity we were subjected to.
Completely rubbish today, I can hardly get to home games now and when I do I do not want to watch Torquay play like that. :@

Rant over.
Nothing less than a good performance next Tuesday will be needed to make you feel better rach...we need the hunger back
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

tauntongull wrote:In all honesty the tell tale signs have been there now over several weeks. Every week we seem to start so slowly with a poor tempo giving sides a chance to ease themselves into the game. Invariably we then concede and have to start chasing the game.
Totaly agree, said excatly the same after the game, my only hope is this is the big kick up the arse , judging by the players reaction they seem very upset with themselves and with a bit of luck todays performance will turn into a positive over the next few games with a good run.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

rachii12 wrote:I am also upset that most of our players darted down the tunnel and didn't think to applaud us for the absolute monstrosity we were subjected to.
To be honest rachii thought that was the right thing for the players to do, think if I had been out their today would not have had the cheek to applaud the fans, and their was no sense them staying out on the pitch facing a wave of boo's and abuse they were getting.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

The problem today could be seen very early in the game....I think the players really thought they just had to turn up to win. Harrogate came and did a number on us and good luck to them.

Leadbitter, Saah, Downes and Howe were the only players who made any effort. It's becoming very depressing watching how deep Rene has to come to get the ball in recent weeks. He must be getting frustrated because last season, chances were being put on a plate for him by O'Kane but this year, he goes wide, he comes deep and then he tries to be everywhere to pick the scraps when the ball is played into the box. We lack any form of creativity without Eunan.

Mansell????? Anybody know where he's gone?

All this talk of Ling lacking a Plan B................did we not level the same accusation at Buckle? I do, however, think we should play 4-4-2 at home as we should show more attacking intent when playing on our own turf. Bodin and Stevens are just poor, plain and simple. Bodin can do it but right now he seems to be trying too hard and he's suffering a lack of confidence. Danny, I'm sorry to say has always been a fair weather player IMO. He can't cut it when the going gets tough.

Personally I'd like a 4-4-2 with Lathorope and Craig in the middle and drop Mansell to the bench for a couple of games. I think Thompson is another player who needs some games to build his confidence but I would actually try Leadbitter on the right and Bodin on the left. Oastler and Leadbitter on the right hand side could cause defences a lot of problems and both can whip in a good ball.

A very disappointing day and another chance to make some money has died.

Had to laugh at the chairman stood on the popside at the end. He kept his head down when people started shouting about getting their money back.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Rach
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Rach »

kingsgull wrote: Nothing less than a good performance next Tuesday will be needed to make you feel better rach...we need the hunger back
hope so!
Rach
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Rach »

forevertufc wrote:
To be honest rachii thought that was the right thing for the players to do, think if I had been out their today would not have had the cheek to applaud the fans, and their was no sense them staying out on the pitch facing a wave of boo's and abuse they were getting.
I guess so...
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

just seen the "highlights" :@ on itv - how the fu*k did he miss that from 1 yrd out? defies physics that one!!!! :no: :no: :@
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Rach
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Rach »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:just seen the "highlights" :@ on itv - how the fu*k did he miss that from 1 yrd out? defies physics that one!!!! :no: :no: :@

yup, bet everyone that watched that has put us down as a laughing stock
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

well rach, "luckily" for us there were some other shocks...........
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Rach
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Rach »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:well rach, "luckily" for us there were some other shocks...........
yeah a few teams were knocked out by teams 2 divisions below them so its not so bad, but that non existing defending that led to the goal was ridiculous...
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

kingsgull wrote:Always nicely put in your inevitable style mat...
If you look at glosters post he implies we are a BIG club but a sad 1800 attendance is not big IMO ...what your applying is Truro is a bigger club as its bigger but is it really a draw...a good championship side is considered a big club and a cherry draw...suggest you re visit that post...very derogatory towards htfc too and now who's got egg on their face....might I suggest you try the dunces hat on for size ?
I'm gutted as the next fan and wish harrowgate fc all the best and hope they get a good BIG club like Leeds or middle borough...enough said....like everyone has said a must win game on tuesday night will be the perfect tonic for this performance...
I'm sure this post is for me (despite my name being Matt, with a capital 'M' and two 't's, rather than mat), but I can't make any sense of it what so ever.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Ok, I'll explain it once again, and if you don't get it this time, you must sit in the corner with the dunce hat on.

I live in a modest 4 bedroomed house with two receptions and three bathrooms. Not a big house in the grand scheme of things, but if you live in a bedsit with shared toilet and kitchen, then my place is like Buckingham Palace.
No, we aren't a big club, not compared with all the clubs, but compared to Harrogate Town, we are Real frigging Madrid.

Matt.

Please Matt stop being a ..... Have a bit of humility once in a while. I don't enjoy this forum as I used to thanks to your condescending attitude to other posters. This place is not what it used to be.............
It certainly isn't fun anymore.

And while I was typing this you have added another insulting post ! Jeez you are intolerable !!
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

TBH we got done. It's the FA cup. We are a big club compared to Harrogate. They knocked us out just like if we knocked out Birmingham, Leeds, QPR etc. That's what this competition does hence why it is so popular.