Aldershot vs Torquay

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
markw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by markw »

Bodin is not a winger ... Why do we insist on playing him wide... I suppose the same reason we play Craig out there
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

forevertufc wrote:Just come back Andy, you get a lot of enjoyment from this site, there will allways be one that will pick you up on your opinions, never let that worry you.

Agree with Steve Breed, just need to play with a little more self belief.

Can i come back gradually? Sort of like a fade out effect on a stereo but a fade in one on a forum? A fade in that has taken a week admittedly but i've been self ostracised. No medication required but it hurt! :lol:

I might test the watter ( Super knows what this word means ) and see. :S
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Wimbledon 1 up
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Sounds dreadful, no quality going forward .... fortunately they seem as bad as we are!

It has 0-0 written all over it.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

austrianandygull wrote:Can i come back gradually? Sort of like a fade out effect on a stereo but a fade in one on a forum? A fade in that has taken a week admittedly but i've been self ostracised. No medication required but it hurt! :lol:

only if you continue to wear your straight jacket......... 8/

and yes i know wot tha meaans........watter?

dont talk wet! =D
Last edited by SuperNickyWroe on 19 Feb 2013, 20:37, edited 1 time in total.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

austrianandygull wrote:Can i come back gradually? Sort of like a fade out effect on a stereo but a fade in one on a forum? A fade in that has taken a week admittedly but i've been self ostracised. No medication required but it hurt! :lol:

No need, just come back, do those match previews everyone enjoys, if someone pulls you up, rather than letting it get you down, just go down the good old we will to agree to dissgree route, Stevegull as says do not let it upset you, just a forum and fans opinions.
Formerly known as forevertufc
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

CP Gull wrote:Sounds dreadful, no quality going forward .... fortunately they seem as bad as we are!

It has 0-0 written all over it.
expect 4-4 at FT then....... 8/
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025

TUST Member 468

stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

markw wrote:Bodin is not a winger ... Why do we insist on playing him wide... I suppose the same reason we play Craig out there
Amazing how a loss of form can lead to people questioning someone's natural playing position. When he was playing through the middle many were saying he can't play there. Now he also plays badly out wide and people say he should be through the middle!

The joys of football! Personally I'd say he's a winger. I don't think he's 'clever' enough to play down the middle... yet. That may come, but not now. Bodin is still young and should just be given a simple task, ie "Get a yard of space on your man and knock it in the box".

To get an out of form player to return to form is another matter, however. In which case the bench might be the best place for him...
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

evens 1st half. we hit tge post and poke mafe a very good save. all doing ok, stevens needs to up it a bit for me
TUST MEMBER
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:
dont talk wet! =D
Not this again!! :aww:
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

stevegull wrote:Amazing how a loss of form can lead to people questioning someone's natural playing position. When he was playing through the middle many were saying he can't play there. Now he also plays badly out wide and people say he should be through the middle!

The joys of football! Personally I'd say he's a winger. I don't think he's 'clever' enough to play down the middle... yet. That may come, but not now. Bodin is still young and should just be given a simple task, ie "Get a yard of space on your man and knock it in the box".

To get an out of form player to return to form is another matter, however. In which case the bench might be the best place for him...

thats harsh steve.

he will never get a game sat in bristows........... =D

TUST Member 468

Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Bodin has been one of our better players in recent games..
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Anyway, I'd swap Benners for Jarvis. Go for it. Macklin for Stevens too, and just get at them!
markw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by markw »

And I agree that he has been one of our better players recently , he seems to have got his confidence back, but I think he would be better playing off rene , in a 442 formation , rather than out wide
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

NickGull wrote:Bodin has been one of our better players in recent games..

I've actually got to agree with that Nick. At Rochdale he had a couple of good chances including a difficult header from a fizzed in Jarvis cross which he did really well to get on the end of and he got into some really good shooting opportunities which he then chose to take extra touches and ultimatly lose the ball. Bengull and myself spoke about this at the game and we said it was purely down to confidence. A player with confidence would have instinctively whacked a couple of them at goal straight away but obviously we know that confidence is at rock bottom at the moment. The only thing about Bodin on saturday was after about 60 minutes he drifted out of the game totally and looked like a headless chicken if i'm being blunt and we definately would have benefitted from him going off to be replaced by a fresh pair of legs. That wasn't his fault, it was Taylors for not spotting it but agree Nick that the signs are encouraging.