Torquay v CRAWLEY in the 4th round!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Hopefully Crawley will pull it off, really don't want Derby as they will probably beat us and that would be a crap way to go out!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by drummergull90 »

Well we will all be praying that Crawley beat Derby tomorrow. Imagine us in the 5th round!

And if Derby do win then it's not the end of the world. They are a massive club with a big following. They should certainly bring a few down to Plainmoor and there is a possibility of some TV coverage. Not the end of the world. But could have been so much better.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I'm over the disappointment already.

Crawley : pay at the gate, slight possibility of all ticket. Attendance 3000 - 3500.

Derby : possible all ticket sell out.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

surely no one wants to play Crawley?

If we get Derby that = a full away end and quite possibly a full home end. It makes us the under dog and we ALWAYS play better when that's the case.

If we play Crawley they aren't a lot different to us in terms of quality, their manager is a fat **nt, there will barely be 2500 there and we have every chance of getting beat.

I fully expect Crawley to beat Derby and completely ruin any chance we've got of getting some money out of this **cking abysmal draw we've got.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

royalgull wrote:surely no one wants to play Crawley?

If we get Derby that = a full away end and quite possibly a full home end. It makes us the under dog and we ALWAYS play better when that's the case.

If we play Crawley they aren't a lot different to us in terms of quality, their manager is a fat **nt, there will barely be 2500 there and we have every chance of getting beat.

I fully expect Crawley to beat Derby and completely ruin any chance we've got of getting some money out of this **cking abysmal draw we've got.
harsh - but fair. :lol:

you forgot to mention that he also wears eyeliner! :lol:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

drummergull90 wrote:Well we will all be praying that Crawley beat Derby tomorrow. Imagine us in the 5th round!

And if Derby do win then it's not the end of the world. They are a massive club with a big following. They should certainly bring a few down to Plainmoor and there is a possibility of some TV coverage. Not the end of the world. But could have been so much better.
I'm certainly hoping that we can boldly go where no other TUFC side has been : the 5th round of the FA Cup.

Led by Buckle it is more than a possibility.
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

i highly doubt it will be on tv if we play derby :-/

isnt it odd how we almost always get a home draw and never get a big team...
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

Bag o sh***e!!! I reckon if we get Crawley they will beat us so i want Derby. We are at home and capable of beating them if they have an off day. We will get a bit more in gate receipts etc too. Come on the Rams!!
northharrowgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northharrowgull »

Sure its a little disappointing but cant be having all this moaning and throwing rattles out of prams. We are in the fourth round, at home, with a reasonable chance of getting into the 5th round for the first time ever. Personally I would prefer Derby as we will get near to a full capacity crowd and if we have a fully fit squad anything can happen. Onwards and upwards!
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

we did beat Blackpool when they were in the Championship and lost to Coventry after that in a game we deserved something from

we play well at home and as the underdog, if Derby win we have those 2 key factors, get the crowd going like yesterday

The last 16!!!!! of the F.A Cup what an achievement that would be

COYY!!!!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

The question is, after that disappointing draw, should I come over and watch the game (regardless of who we play) or should I just come over for a league match (probably the Port Vale match in April)....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

After yesterday, definitely the cup game mate.
Dave

Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Disappointed with that, to be honest.

A cup draw involving TUFC always seems to be such an anticlimax these days, never ever get anything worthwhile.

I'd rather face Derby - more supporters, sold out away end, 4000+ at least, and there a bit off form, whereas Crawley are doing well.

Think we'd get dumped out by Crawley moreso than Derby, and we'd then be making headlines for all the wrong reasons!!

:(
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Great opportunity to progress...neither Derby or Crawley should scare us after yesterday. :mrgreen:

However....a draw vs premiersh***e team away would have provided sufficient funds to potentially resist transfer requests for player and manager alike. This will do little to help in that repect :(

Round 5 is a real option now - what a result that would be for all concerned :bow: :clap: :scarf:
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
Northumbergull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Watson
Location: Widdrington Station, Northumberland (hence the monicker)

Post by Northumbergull »

The TWO millstones 'round my neck...shouting for Torquay AND Scotland... ;-)

So, fortress Plainmoor it'll have to be. As others have said, with a fully fit teram and a slice of lady luck pie, any game is winnable. If we were playing a top half Premiersh%&e team, this'd probably be the end of the road. If we get through here, the telly HAS to pick us up, even if we get a crap draw in the 5th Round.

Let's make it so that whoever turns up hears a wall of sound from the bottom of Quinta, the old Westhill School, and the top of Forest Road! :scarf:

COYY!

Cheers

Bruce
Northumberland Gulls, we drive south to all the games!