transfer window

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Bucks has come out with it now - no new signings in the window!
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

To be honest that is excatly what i was expecting to Bucks to say, the club for various reasons has no money right now,he also said we have to be wary of any injuries which bears out the feeling that if required there could be loan signings.

I would not expect Bucks to speculate on replacments for any of our players,as it stands at the moment with Ellis ,Benyon,and o'kane still contracted tufc players i would suggest that there is no need or space for permanant signings.

We are now half way through this current transfer window and the fact that our squad is still in tact would suggest that no bids,or bids of the correct value have been received by the club for any of our players,however we all know that if such a bid is receieved then the player will be sold,and as a fan iam in no doubt that a replacment would be signed in the event of this happening,as our sqaud is already at a minimum level and the club could afford numbers wise for it to be reduced further.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I think most business gets done as the window approaches closure. Potential suitors don't want to get involved in a bidding war if at all possible, so keep their cards close to their chest until the last moment. I'll not be comfortable until midnight on the 31st, because i expect our nerve will be tested with some (probably derisory) offers in the last few days.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

sorry to bump this back up, but we can forget about Mathieu Manset, he is set to join crystal palace .. http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/eag ... ticle.html
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

He's a good player, but Championship, really? I guess he'd be more of a young backup.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Good news if Manset goes - if Hereford don't replace him by the time our game comes around soon they'll struggle.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Change of plan now? Buckle stating there could be 1 or 2 additions before the end!
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Yellow4life wrote:Change of plan now? Buckle stating there could be 1 or 2 additions before the end!
GOOD!!!!!!

We were limited in options on the bench on Saturday and I think that hurt us. I'd definately like to see us add someone up front to give us another option. quite who, I don't know.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Jeff wrote: GOOD!!!!!!

We were limited in options on the bench on Saturday and I think that hurt us. I'd definately like to see us add someone up front to give us another option. quite who, I don't know.
or to cover the 1 or 2 leaving us ... :rofl: