Morecambe v Torquay United - 20/4/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

nickbrod wrote:Keep the faith.
After the Gillingham defeat Alan Knill said we can win our final three matches. Two out of two so far so why can't we beat Bristol Rovers next Saturday?
Missing Rene is not ideal but Yeoman can get his chance to start and since when were we a one player team?
Safety is in our own hands. Also our better minus goal difference could be our saviour.
As I said after Tuesday it's Aldershot plus one other. For me it's Dag & Red or Barnet. Dag & Red are poor at home and York have found some form while Northampton should make home advantage count shouldn't they?
they'd better! :@

hope they spank barnet 4-0!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by coley in stripes »

Why so negative !!! That's my job...Fantastic win today means that even if we were to lose next week (not going to happen) there are 'escape **routes'. Luck with other results not going our way again BUT York and D&R are both shi**ing but one of them will win !!!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

i rally cant see us losing 3 or 4 -0
At least i feel better than Glasgow Rangers fans do today. They just lost to Peterhead. I don't even know where or who they are. hahaha
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

oxgull wrote:Great result but we are not completely safe yet. Like you said, what a season!!! 52 points and it's still not settled but I would be shocked if everybody else won next week. Must look at the fixtures as it's going to be one hell of a game, COYYS :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
everyone cant oxgull with the daggers playing york. if either win we would be safe - and as has been said, i think york will win it.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Unbelievable set of results from the teams down at the bottom today!!!! How we are not safe with 52 points at this stage, I don't know!

You have to say that whoever goes down this season has been incredibly unlucky as they will have gone down with 50 something points .... even Aldershot are still in with an outside chance of saving themselves.

Clearly there will be a lot of pressure on us next week but a point will certainly do .... and even if we lose there will need to be an incredible set of results to see us down. One thing to bear in mind is that Dagenham play York and the ONLY result that will see us go down is a DRAW assuming we were to lose .... any other result in that match will see us safe!
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

There is a chance that York & D&R will play out a draw if results are going their way BUT things will finally go our way ... Chill out We're SAFE
graygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by graygull »

Has there ever been so many permatations for relegation on the last day of the season ? I can not ever remember this before except our demise from div one many years back.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Nice touch from Alan Knill thanking the supporters who were at Morecambe.

:scarf: :scarf:
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

What a contrast from pratt Tisdale moaning about the lack of back up for his squad ! What a plank !!
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

coley wrote:There is a chance that York & D&R will play out a draw if results are going their way BUT things will finally go our way ... Chill out We're SAFE
It could play out that way but would certainly be a very dangerous strategy for D&R. Because of their superior goal difference York will certainly be safe with just a DRAW but that wouldn't be enough for D&R should BOTH Wimbledon and Barnet win.
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Good point....But even if it's a draw, We won't lose BUT if we did..Wombles need to win...Barnet need to win unless we lose by 3 goals..It ain't happening....Wow I never thought that we would survive !!! COLEY
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

coley wrote:Good point....But even if it's a draw, We won't lose BUT if we did..Wombles need to win...Barnet need to win unless we lose by 3 goals..It ain't happening....Wow I never thought that we would survive !!! COLEY

Dont gorget the Gargs............... :red:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

So, my gloating has to wait a week.

We HAD to win today - we would have been almost down and out otherwise given the other results today.

What a bloody long week it will be.

COYY!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

At the moment we are top of the sh*t pile. :clap:

For sure it's not certain that we're safe, but I'm glad we're in the position we are in and not in any of the crap positions below us. :nod:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Never a truer word Scott. Thank god for those last two wins...........