Players looking for a club

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

miltonkeynesgull wrote: Just a quick update on this one, Davies today signed for Crawley. According to Steve Evans, it was 'not because of the money, but because we're a club who play football the right way'. Whatever you say Steve.... 8/
This might be so wrong as to cause a tear in the space-time continuum, causing the universe to swallow itself.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I am looking forward to meeting Crawley Town and fatty Evans again. Unfinished business on our part. Good always beats evil in the end - doesn't it??
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

June 17th can't come quick enough. I will be looking for two teams on our fixture list Creepy crawley and BR.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

diamondgirl wrote:June 17th can't come quick enough. I will be looking for two teams on our fixture list Creepy crawley and BR.
and argylle maybe ???
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

And the massive games against the MIGHTY Northampton Town don't forget.
TUST member 328
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Regi. Oh yeah. Forgot about that one. Not quite the same as excrecia, but something to look forward to never the less.
Rich. Nothampton town. Another BIG club. What am I thinking. I forgot them as well.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

I see that Guy Branston now appears on the PFA list - which rather confirms that either we haven't offered him anything or more likely perhaps that we have but it's not what he wanted? Actually I reckon if he does leave it will more than likely be for a longer deal (2 years) rather than perhaps more money. He really seems to like the area, has met a new partner and perhaps feels he has done enough to warrant a longer deal - and it's difficult to argue with that really.

Personally I'm not so sure that Brano to Bristol Rovers is a done deal like some suggest. At the end of the day, Brano has gone on record as saying that if he had of been offered a new deal in January he would have signed it, we (or rather Paul Buckle) didn't and you have to wonder why. Perhaps Bucks feels that he can find a better centre half at this level? Perhaps he want a more ball playing defender? I certainly don't buy into the idea that Bucks has known for the last 6 months that he would be moving to BRFC and so didn't offer GB a contract then with the intention of taking Brano with him in the summer as football is never that certain and things never turn out the way you might expect. So, it will be interesting to see what offers he gets and also as and when our new Manager is appointed whether more concerted efforts are made to keep him.

As for the PFA list, as far as I can see none of our current squad are listed which tends to back up the report in today's Herald which suggests that new offers have been made to Bevan, Stevens and Branston - no mention of Palmer or Yeoman though. I can't see Craig Stanley or Jake Robinson on there either but they probably don't feel the need to "advertise" their availability as I'm sure they have or will have plenty of offers to consider.
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Michael Duberry just signed for Oxford...
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

chippygull wrote:Michael Duberry just signed for Oxford...
Poor Oxford!
TUST member 328
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

chippygull wrote:Michael Duberry just signed for Oxford...
..... their sixth new signing I believe!

I have to say surprise, surprise that Crawley have already made some very decent looking additions too (five in total). They've now signed Wes Thomas (19 goals for Cheltenham last season) in addition to Scott Davies (Reading - but better known to us through his loan spells with both Aldershot and Wycombe) and Jon Akinde (Bristol City - ex Ebbsfleet where he outmuscled Toddy in the FAT final in creating their goal ). They are going to take some stopping I reckon :@
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

CP Gull wrote:
..... their sixth new signing I believe!

I have to say surprise, surprise that Crawley have already made some very decent looking additions too (five in total). They've now signed Wes Thomas (19 goals for Cheltenham last season) in addition to Scott Davies (Reading - but better known to us through his loan spells with both Aldershot and Wycombe) and Jon Akinde (Bristol City - ex Ebbsfleet where he outmuscled Toddy in the FAT final in creating their goal ). They are going to take some stopping I reckon :@
Should be fairly easy to stop them once all the money dries up.

Oh, wait...our failure made them a fortune. Tremendous.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

Thought I'd just add this in...Joe Oastler was officially released by QPR today. Hopefully we won't miss out on, at the very least, making him an offer. I do remember reading that he'd 'agreed terms' on a deal for next season, but signed nothing...but with Buckle gone who knows where that leaves this one.

(obviously Jakey was also released today but there's a separate thread on that)
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Perhaps Oastler is more likely to be the centre-half Bucks will go after than Branno...?

We've offered a new deal to Stevens? That bodes well for the business we're expecting to do this summer...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Fonda wrote:Perhaps Oastler is more likely to be the centre-half Bucks will go after than Branno...?

We've offered a new deal to Stevens? That bodes well for the business we're expecting to do this summer...

It's ok, I know the question is rhetorical.

Send out a team of good under 18's against a team of good under 14's. Who wins ?

The boxer's maxim : "A good big'n always beats a good little'n."

The tiny tot is too small and lightweight to cut it at League level. An impact sub maybe ?

What f'kin impact ? At Old Trafford he came on as an "impact sub" and did what ? He had the chance to strike at goal from close in with his tiddly left foot. The hobbit knew better, got clever, checked back on to his tiddly right foot and was shut out by two 6ft+ plus monsters.

I hope the new manager has an "incurable fetish" for REAL left footed wingers.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

A very real possibility I'd imagine Fonda. Another post on this site today made it look very clearly like Bucks is attempting to bring Brano to Bristol, and I'd imagine he'll go. Would Bucks need another centre-half/centre-mid in the shape of Oastler, considering who they have there already? Not sure. I wouldn't be too dissapointed to lose Brano if we got Oastler in though.

As for Stevens, I'd agree. His 'cameo' on Saturday proved that he doesn't really even cut it as an impact sub anymore. It's a real shame because I was a massive fan of his during the conference days, and to see that goal at Burton away, in the flesh, is an awesome memory (as seen in the first 20 seconds of this wonderful video: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;-). I feel he's run his course though.